GrubHub

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.4

Software Development Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GrubHub in November 2014.

Applied through school job db. Initially contacted through email to arrange phone screen and online coding challenge. Met on site for 2 45-minute interviews (the first was behavioral/going over past experiences on resume), and the second was a technical coding challenge. The office was a little dim going in (apparently the employees liked to work in the dark), and had a casual work space with some people on standing desks, exercise balls, etc...

Interview Questions
    • The technical question was to create classes and unit tests for basic logic gates, then a half adder, then a full adder, and finally a 4-bit ripple carry adder in Java or Python   View Answer

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at GrubHub in August 2014.

Agency does the interview. It takes a few days to get a response to your request for scheduling an interview. Agency representative apologized saying that she had received a large number of applicants.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Phone interview with an agency asking some basic behavioral type questions. She said she is going to send next day a time-boxed research question that I need to respond within 40 minutes

2. However, I did not receive the question on time. Had to send couple of emails to get one. However, in the email, it was mentioned that I had only 10-15 minutes to respond upon receipt of the email.

3. The attached file took almost 2-3 minutes to open. I did best of my ability to respond.

Agency is interviewing on behalf of the company not the real one. I am not sure if they know what data analytics means. The agency thinks that knowing writing SQL is data analytics.

Answer Question

GrubHub Response

Sep 9, 2014Employer

Thank you for your feedback. GrubHub strives to hire the most qualified applicants and our in-house recruiting team works closely with candidates to provide the best interview experience possible ... More

Data Entry Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GrubHub.

Most people in position are hired through staffing agencies, or from within. I didn't have to interview with GrubHub, just the staffing agency. The entire process took about two days. I got a call from the agency, went in and in no time, I had a new job.

Social Media Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GrubHub.

A phone interview asking basic questions about my experience with social media and why I would like to intern there. Asked for references of my social media accounts (to see if I actually know what I am doing). Then asked for an in-office interview.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for personal social media site references.   View Answer

Personal things came up and I wasn't able to move forward with it.

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GrubHub.

Starting process was different than what I have experienced before. I was actually emailed a list of questions to respond and send back - usually this would be over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • All questions would be something expected normally from these types of interviews   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GrubHub in January 2014.

phone interview group interview then one on one

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GrubHub in December 2013.

Went through their website, got asked to come into a group interview after a phone screen. Upon going there, we were given a tour, and asked some basic interview questions after filling out paperwork. The tour given extended through all three floors of the building we inhabited, and the benefits we would receive upon hiring.

Interview Questions
    Only thing I could negotiate was my hours.

Online Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GrubHub.

Applied on the website, had a phone interview with an online sales manager, another interview with two sales managers two days later, and was offered the job about a week after applying

Interview Questions
    • How have you been able--in your past sales experiences--to overcome a price objection?   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all. You get what they offer or you don't get the job.

Campus Marketing Manager Interview

Applied Online
    Got a call from regional manager. Basic questions, they were basically looking for someone to fill the spot.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GrubHub in October 2013.

I applied in August ans was called in October. The interview process is pretty easy, there is a brief phone interview with a member of management followed by a very informal group interview where you play games and talk about food (go figure). After the group interview you do a quick tour and then a one-on-one interview. I was offered the position about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
    • How do you provided good customer service while only on the phone?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.