GrubHub

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.4

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GrubHub.

They wanted free consulting: The salary band for the position I was interviewing for was lower than my asking salary. With that said, I was brought in to interview with a Director who spent 2 hours asking me extremely detailed questions about what I'd do with the program.

Interview Questions
    • I was actually asked to solution marketing problems (in serious detail) in the interview. I'm an industry expert, clearly called in for a freebie.   Answer Question

Campus Marketing Manager Interview

Applied Online
    Got a call from regional manager. Basic questions, they were basically looking for someone to fill the spot.

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GrubHub.

Starting process was different than what I have experienced before. I was actually emailed a list of questions to respond and send back - usually this would be over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • All questions would be something expected normally from these types of interviews   Answer Question

Social Media Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GrubHub.

A phone interview asking basic questions about my experience with social media and why I would like to intern there. Asked for references of my social media accounts (to see if I actually know what I am doing). Then asked for an in-office interview.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for personal social media site references.   View Answer

Personal things came up and I wasn't able to move forward with it.

Data Entry Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GrubHub.

Most people in position are hired through staffing agencies, or from within. I didn't have to interview with GrubHub, just the staffing agency. The entire process took about two days. I got a call from the agency, went in and in no time, I had a new job.

Online Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GrubHub.

Applied on the website, had a phone interview with an online sales manager, another interview with two sales managers two days later, and was offered the job about a week after applying

Interview Questions
    • How have you been able--in your past sales experiences--to overcome a price objection?   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all. You get what they offer or you don't get the job.

Brand Ambassador Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GrubHub in May 2011.

One interview with the supervisor of the brand ambassador program. We talked over email and then through phone.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GrubHub in April 2012.

Two part interview: Phone screening and face to face.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any superhero / have any super power what would it be?   View Answer
    No negotiations.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GrubHub in September 2012.

Had an interview with a Customer Service Manager and the Director of Customer Service.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be a super hero, who would you be or what power would you have?   View Answers (2)
    No negotiations

Marketing Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GrubHub in November 2011.

HR contact phone interview one day, followed by Marketing contact phone interview, followed by in-person interview with 2 people in marketing.

Coming from a more structured environment, the interview at the GrubHub offices was a little rocky. I was required to fill out another form on a clipboard that seemed more situated for the customer service positions that they fill, not marketing. I had an interview in an odd clear open room with completely exposed ceilings where you could hear everything I was saying and I could hear and see everything going on just 2 feet away - slightly distracting.

The two marketing women that I met were disorganized and spoke poorly about the HR contact that set up the interview with me, in front of me. That left a poor taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us your social media strategy and how you'll grow our fans to a very high quantity in a very short amount of time.   View Answer