GrubHub Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.4

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GrubHub.

Interview

They wanted free consulting: The salary band for the position I was interviewing for was lower than my asking salary. With that said, I was brought in to interview with a Director who spent 2 hours asking me extremely detailed questions about what I'd do with the program.

Interview Questions

• I was actually asked to solution marketing problems (in serious detail) in the interview. I'm an industry expert, clearly called in for a freebie.   Answer Question

Campus Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Applied Online
    Got a call from regional manager. Basic questions, they were basically looking for someone to fill the spot.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GrubHub.

Interview

Starting process was different than what I have experienced before. I was actually emailed a list of questions to respond and send back - usually this would be over the phone.

Interview Questions

• All questions would be something expected normally from these types of interviews   Answer Question

Social Media Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GrubHub.

Interview

A phone interview asking basic questions about my experience with social media and why I would like to intern there. Asked for references of my social media accounts (to see if I actually know what I am doing). Then asked for an in-office interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked for personal social media site references.   1 Answer

Personal things came up and I wasn't able to move forward with it.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GrubHub in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their website and received a call from the recruiter to go over my resume and experience. this went well, and they sent me an online coding problem. I wrote a correct solution to the problem they gave, but it could have had a decent improvement on space usage.

After 8 days I emailed the recruiter to see if there was any movement in the interview process. I didn't receive a response so I emailed again 11 days later. It is now 7 days after that email and still no response as to whether or not I am still a candidate for the position. Very unprofessional and disappointing that I still have not received any update from the company.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to reverse all the words in a string separated by spaces. There will be k spaces, and k + 1 words.   Answer Question

Online Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GrubHub (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied on the website, had a phone interview with an online sales manager, another interview with two sales managers two days later, and was offered the job about a week after applying

Interview Questions

• How have you been able--in your past sales experiences--to overcome a price objection?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. You get what they offer or you don't get the job.

Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GrubHub.

Interview

Most people in position are hired through staffing agencies, or from within. I didn't have to interview with GrubHub, just the staffing agency. The entire process took about two days. I got a call from the agency, went in and in no time, I had a new job.

Data Entry Associate Interview

Application

interviewed at GrubHub in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed through a staffing agency as it is temp to hire. Very simple, general interview. Obviously the staffing agency wants to place you, so they make it pretty easy and are very nice. You don't meet anyone from GrubHub until you start training.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GrubHub in May 2011.

Interview

One interview with the supervisor of the brand ambassador program. We talked over email and then through phone.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GrubHub (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Two part interview: Phone screening and face to face.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any superhero / have any super power what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.