GrubHub

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and interviewed at GrubHub.

Interview Details – They wanted free consulting: The salary band for the position I was interviewing for was lower than my asking salary. With that said, I was brought in to interview with a Director who spent 2 hours asking me extremely detailed questions about what I'd do with the program.

Interview Question – I was actually asked to solution marketing problems (in serious detail) in the interview. I'm an industry expert, clearly called in for a freebie.   Answer Question

Campus Marketing Manager Interview

Campus Marketing Manager

Interviewed at GrubHub

Interview Details – Applied Online
Got a call from regional manager. Basic questions, they were basically looking for someone to fill the spot.

Interview Question – Looking for past experience   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied online and interviewed at GrubHub.

Interview Details – Starting process was different than what I have experienced before. I was actually emailed a list of questions to respond and send back - usually this would be over the phone.

Interview Question – All questions would be something expected normally from these types of interviews   Answer Question

Social Media Intern Interview

Social Media Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GrubHub.

Interview Details – A phone interview asking basic questions about my experience with social media and why I would like to intern there. Asked for references of my social media accounts (to see if I actually know what I am doing). Then asked for an in-office interview.

Interview Question – Asked for personal social media site references.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Personal things came up and I wasn't able to move forward with it.

Data Entry Interview

Data Entry

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GrubHub.

Interview Details – Most people in position are hired through staffing agencies, or from within. I didn't have to interview with GrubHub, just the staffing agency. The entire process took about two days. I got a call from the agency, went in and in no time, I had a new job.

Online Sales Executive Interview

Online Sales Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GrubHub.

Interview Details – Applied on the website, had a phone interview with an online sales manager, another interview with two sales managers two days later, and was offered the job about a week after applying

Interview Question – How have you been able--in your past sales experiences--to overcome a price objection?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all. You get what they offer or you don't get the job.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Brand Ambassador

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GrubHub in May 2011.

Interview Details – One interview with the supervisor of the brand ambassador program. We talked over email and then through phone.

Interview Question – What are some types of events you would create?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GrubHub in April 2012.

Interview Details – Two part interview: Phone screening and face to face.

Interview Question – If you could be any superhero / have any super power what would it be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GrubHub in September 2012.

Interview Details – Had an interview with a Customer Service Manager and the Director of Customer Service.

Interview Question – If you could be a super hero, who would you be or what power would you have?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Marketing Position Interview

Marketing Position
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GrubHub in November 2011.

Interview Details – HR contact phone interview one day, followed by Marketing contact phone interview, followed by in-person interview with 2 people in marketing.

Coming from a more structured environment, the interview at the GrubHub offices was a little rocky. I was required to fill out another form on a clipboard that seemed more situated for the customer service positions that they fill, not marketing. I had an interview in an odd clear open room with completely exposed ceilings where you could hear everything I was saying and I could hear and see everything going on just 2 feet away - slightly distracting.

The two marketing women that I met were disorganized and spoke poorly about the HR contact that set up the interview with me, in front of me. That left a poor taste in my mouth.

Interview Question – Tell us your social media strategy and how you'll grow our fans to a very high quantity in a very short amount of time.   View Answer

Worked for GrubHub? Contribute to the Community!