Grupo Santander

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at Grupo Santander

Interview Details – interview with competency questions only with standard motivational questions.

Interview Question – What would Santander's next move be?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Intern Interview

Operations Summer Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Grupo Santander in January 2013.

Interview Details – Asked all the usual questions that you have to be prepared for. Why Santander? Why you? Describe a time where you had to work as a team? Describe a time you had to make a difficult decision, and how your thought process was like? Describe a time where you had to deliver exceptional customer service.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had a differing view from your peers/authority.   Answer Question

Summer Iternship Interview

Summer Iternship
Madrid (Spain)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grupo Santander in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1st screening is of the CV.. First Interview round with HR based in Madrid followed by interviews with the hiring team based in Madrid ... Standard interview questions based on fit motivation and a few techinical questions. Team members were very friendly and helpful to answer queries regarding structure of the team and the nature of work performed

Interview Question – Regarding current liquidity situation in Banks   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiation as it was internship

Personal Banking Adviser Graduate Scheme Interview

Personal Banking Adviser Graduate Scheme

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Grupo Santander.

Interview Details – The interview is very well structured. Mainly centred around competencies and knowledge about financial services and santander

Interview Question – All are general questions if you prepare well.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got a better offer

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grupo Santander.

Interview Details – Three interviews, one with senior auditor (one hour), then with head of audit (nearly two hours) and then final short interview with chief internal auditor. Very focused on CV and past experience plus a few technical questions. All interviewing staff very professional but pleasant. Process has changed since I joined and the head of audit does not get as involved in the process. Not sure if this is a good thing or not.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't really have any negotiation.

Associate Interview

Associate
Madrid (Spain)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grupo Santander in June 2009.

Interview Details – The assessment center was impressive and somewhat challenging. The entire process was carried out on professional level. The interview process consisted of several rounds. The assessment center was for a international development program within the bank which aims to develop high potential candidates. The other candidates were very high caliber professionals with multiple years of experience.

Interview Question – No unusual questions that were difficult were asked.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst II Interview

Risk Analyst II
Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Grupo Santander in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very firendly and welcoming interviewers. Puts you at ease straightaway. They do not try and trick you and catch you out like other companies. Interview consisted of competency-based, situational, technical, business line and case study. Overall it took about 2.5 hours. Questions are very relevant. The case study is very relavant to the position you are applying for.

People are very friendly and it is a very relaxed working environment. There is a good training budget as well. Even as a new starter, you are encouraged to be involved in various tasks and projects and it provides a very good learning opportunity to entry and experienced analysts.

It is a very stable company. Although a Spanish bank, it is not impavted by the Spanish economy. Santander UK is a very formidable brand.

Interview Questions

• Why did you move from a Finance to a Strategy role?   View Answer
  • What are the current challenges of Santander and retail banking in general?   View Answer
  • Why do you want to work for Santander?   View Answer
  • Give me an example of a time when you had to change an existing process.   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you managed a project or process from start to finish?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was very reasonable so I accpeted without feeling the need to negotiate any further.

Call Center Interview

Call Center

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grupo Santander in March 2011.

Interview Details – First I was called from the agency and was interviewed by them and given an appointment for a Group Interview. Later I was interviewed by the Santander Group. I went to 2 different places for interviews from 3 different people and none of them had any idea that I was interviewed for other positions on the company.

Interview Questions

Private Wealth Manager Interview

Private Wealth Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Grupo Santander in November 2011.

Interview Details – First there was a phone interview, why banking, why Santander, run me through your resume, pretty standard, then they invited me to a 1:1 interview, same number of questions and they told me how was the job. Final round was a panel but I didn't get invited.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you impacted someone's life.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Grupo Santander in March 2010.

Interview Details – the recruiter did not have enough experience. The process was not as I expected, he did not meet the expectations I had. He questioned me instead to help me trying to get a job that match my skills. I ended up interviewing my recruiter, the fact he was too young and he was kind of inexperience made the process did not meet my expectations

Interview Question – He was asking me why did I want to increase the amount I want to make in comparison to the amount I was doing at that time   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grupo Santander