Gryphon Scientific

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Biochemistry Interview

Biochemistry

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Gryphon Scientific in February 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through Career Fair at my University. I was a junior and applying for a part time or summer job. Got a call and went over my resume and experiences, basically a phone interview. They said they would call me back if I made it to the next round and was called back a few weeks later. They told me to come in for an interview (they didn't tell me about the test they would give me).

Their office was in a smaller cubbyhole in the building. It seemed really relaxed, as there were exercise balls, the office pet, and couches around. I didn't get a tour of the place but from what I could tell, 50% of the place were smaller offices for the scientists.

I was in the HR-type person's office (she wasn't a real HR but a scientist who also had the responsibility as the HR) and she gave me a verbal exam- stuff pulled out of textbooks and thought provoking ones. The though provoking ones included both science-related ones and concept ones. An example is "how many drink umbrellas are there in the US." You verbally go through the thought process and she sees how you think, etc. After the test, I was brought to another scientist's office and talked with him. Nothing big, just described what the position consisted of, etc. He didn't interview me but explained things to me.

After that, I was brought back to the "HR's" office and it soon ended after that.

Interview Question – How many drink umbrellas are there in the US?   View Answer

Worked for Gryphon Scientific? Contribute to the Community!