Guaranteed Rate

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.3

Vice President of Mortgage Lending Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate.

Responded to a glassdoor advertisement . Was contacted by the internal corporate recruiter immediately .Set up a webinar online to see the company review. Had a phone interview and an interview with the branch manager . Was offered the position in the interview and submitted the paperwork online. Background check and references came back in about a week and started the following week.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult questions during the interview   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was given an option for pricing and it was pretty clean cut

Underwriting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate in October 2014.

I got a phone interview. The HR people just let me introduced myself, and went through the resume. Questions were not difficult to answer. We even talked about the salary. However they doesn't provide the VISA sponsorship.

Loan Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate.

I did not have an interview. I was just offered the job on the spot. I few people I knew were working there, at the time and thought the company would be a great fit for myself so I had submitted an appliation and got an offer letter the next day.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate.

I found GR online and applied to the Intern position. I was then contacted by their hiring team within a week and had two interviews held at their Chicago office. The interviews were pretty relaxed, they have a business casual dress code, and the interviewers were very friendly.

Loan Officer Indirect Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate.

Basic question about yourself, business relationships, volume, and product knowledge. You first take a typing test just to see how fast you type I believe you have to be @ least 30-35 Words a Minute. The next step was the interview process, which takes about 45 minutes because your talking to more than one manager. If they like you they will give off good signs that your a fit. I received a call 2 days later. I declined due to the low guarantee draw amount. Pretty decent experience overall.

Interview Questions

didn't have a strong draw payout

Appraisal Desk Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate.

Interview is very standard. They ask what you know about the company and the mortgage industry. They will also want to know what your career goals are, what you expect out of the company and what the company can expect out of you.

Interview Questions
    • Not really too difficult but, "What do you know about Guaranteed Rate?"   View Answer
    They told me the base pay they could offer based on my experience and I was able to work with that.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate.

After completing 3 separate phone screens, I was asked to come in to interview. I interviewed with 3 different people and was never aware of who the actual decision maker was making it very difficult to follow up.

Post Closing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The planning of the interview was all over the phone. The department manager contacted me after receiving my resume and we set up an interview for a few days after. The manager sent me an email with follow up information, an application packet with directions to sign up for a background check, and directions to the office. I arrived at the interview 20 minutes early. I waited in the lobby until the manager and his supervisor came out. All three of us talked in an office for about 45 minutes. Halfway through the interview a third employee came in, he didn't really introduce himself. The interviewers mostly told me about the company and asked a few questions. I heard back from them about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Guaranteed Rate?
      What obstacles do you foresee yourself having to overcome while working here?
      What would you do in order to get through days of monotonous work?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate in March 2014.

There was a multiple level interview process. I interviewed with a couple of individuals. It was a laid back interview process with no difficult questions. All of the questions were very straightforward.

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate in March 2014.

the hiring and interview process was well relaxed and very professional

Interview Questions

the distance was too far