Guaranteed Rate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.3

Rep Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guaranteed Rate.

Interview

Easy. it was a panel interview. It was like any other panel interview job. Then you are called in to speak with manager and after a written sample. Everyone was nice and felt welcoming. I was a ked when I could start. I was did a typing text to check speed and accurate

Loan Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview with a nice lady name Karen. She went over all the job information and description. She listened to your experience and see if you are a great fit. If so she will forward your information to the hiring manager. If they like you Karen gives you a call back to set up a face to face at the branch. Once that happens Karen will also go over compensation to make sure no one waste their time.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

first point of contact was email, then the interview in person. During the interview one of the interviewers was on their phone the entire time. kept asking the same questions repeatedly and did not pay very much attention. the whole process was not very professional.

Vice President of Mortgage Lending Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate.

Interview

Responded to a glassdoor advertisement . Was contacted by the internal corporate recruiter immediately .Set up a webinar online to see the company review. Had a phone interview and an interview with the branch manager . Was offered the position in the interview and submitted the paperwork online. Background check and references came back in about a week and started the following week.

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult questions during the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was given an option for pricing and it was pretty clean cut

Underwriting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I got a phone interview. The HR people just let me introduced myself, and went through the resume. Questions were not difficult to answer. We even talked about the salary. However they doesn't provide the VISA sponsorship.

Loan Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate.

Interview

I did not have an interview. I was just offered the job on the spot. I few people I knew were working there, at the time and thought the company would be a great fit for myself so I had submitted an appliation and got an offer letter the next day.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate.

Interview

Basic question about yourself, business relationships, volume, and product knowledge. You first take a typing test just to see how fast you type I believe you have to be @ least 30-35 Words a Minute. The next step was the interview process, which takes about 45 minutes because your talking to more than one manager. If they like you they will give off good signs that your a fit. I received a call 2 days later. I declined due to the low guarantee draw amount. Pretty decent experience overall.

Interview Questions

didn't have a strong draw payout

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate.

Interview

I found GR online and applied to the Intern position. I was then contacted by their hiring team within a week and had two interviews held at their Chicago office. The interviews were pretty relaxed, they have a business casual dress code, and the interviewers were very friendly.

Appraisal Desk Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate.

Interview

Interview is very standard. They ask what you know about the company and the mortgage industry. They will also want to know what your career goals are, what you expect out of the company and what the company can expect out of you.

Interview Questions

• Not really too difficult but, "What do you know about Guaranteed Rate?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me the base pay they could offer based on my experience and I was able to work with that.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate (Chicago, IL).

Interview

After completing 3 separate phone screens, I was asked to come in to interview. I interviewed with 3 different people and was never aware of who the actual decision maker was making it very difficult to follow up.