Guaranteed Rate

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate in May 2013.

If you know anything about mortgages, use many examples that you have overcome a situation. Always use what you did to help the customer/borrower and what happened in the end. Always use side of caution, they want to see your abilities and strengths. Never imply there is a weakness. They prefer team work approach rather than individual work. Can you work in the company POD model flow.

Interview Questions
  • Mathematical and analytical skills. Think before you answer. Think outside the box to solve the problem.   Answer Question
I was able to negotiate. But they have a set model for salary. You can make it up in bonuses monthly depending on the VP or VP's loan closed volume.

Other Interview Reviews for Guaranteed Rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate in August 2012.

Interviewed with 3 people, each working in different divisions. After the interviews they all discussed and let me know which division I would be working in.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to pursue the mortgage industry, when you don't have any prior experience?   Answer Question
    it was a standard company contract that I signed when I took the job. No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guaranteed Rate in May 2009.

I applied via Craigslist. I was interviewed by the Director of HR and a loan officer. The interview was simple with only basic interview questions asked.

There was no negotiation at all. Regardless of my previous work experience and education level, the pay was only $10/hr for full time with no benefits.