Guaranty Bank

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guaranty Bank.

Was provided a phone number to call for the interview which was more convenient than going to their location, but it was very odd to record answers to an answering machine. Since there was no response from the other end of the line, I might have been too fast in giving responses as the interview took less than 10 minutes! Also felt that the questions were ver similar- about competency, skills and experience using data mining tools.

Interview Questions
    • The questions focussed on my skills and experiences with data warehousing, SPSS, Excel. General questions like what are you looking for and expected salary.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guaranty Bank.

the first step is an automated telephone interview afterwards in maybe a few days or so or when the manager has time they will review and schedule a f2f interview which is very easy you will be asked questions off a paper template and asked to go in aisle to see how you do.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Guaranty Bank.

I applied online and did a phone interview with a computer. I applied to multiple positions and didnt end up passing the phone interview for the first one, but i passed the second one cause i remembered the questions they asked and was more prepared. (Why does part-time work for you?, If you have sales experience explain in..etc, Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer, explain a time you had a difficult customer) and the next week i got a phone call from the branch manager and had a interview with her, that was on a friday. Then the following monday I got a phone call with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    I got a call and a offer and I accepted, the offer was higher than i expected

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Guaranty Bank.

The hiring process is archaic. HR expects you to be able to fax a ridiculous amount of documents to them in a tight timeframe. Yes, you heard that right. FAX ONLY. They don't even accept scanned documents into e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions. You could be dumber than a box of rocks and get hired for a "leadership" role at this company (trust me, I've seen them).   Answer Question
    I was called and told I got offered a higher position than I applied for, and the pay sounded great! That is until I realized that even with two years of previous banking experience, and four years of sales experience, they only offered me $.20 higher/per hour than the minimum wage for the position.

The two, low quality, subordinates that were hired after me were making top of their pay scale due to desperation for employees. I routinely (as in, every month) put up top 5 sales in the Minnesota market in the month, and I'm making less than a dollar more than the people I'm supposed to be the boss of.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guaranty Bank.

The hiring process for Guaranty Bank went quickly. I placed my application and received a phone call within 3 days! I had my first interview 2 days after the inital phone call and my second interview 2 days after that. I was hired the following day.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I felt was when I was asked what company policies have I in the past not agreed with and what did I do to make that known. They won't take I agreed with them all as a valid answer.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guaranty Bank in June 2014.

I applied online and was sent an email for a phone interview with a PIN-number. The initial phone interview was odd, as I was not speaking to a personal, rather a machine. Essentially you are leaving your answers on a voice-mail. Correspondence was sent to my email following this process.

Interview Questions
    • 1) You are applying for a part-time position, tell us why part time works for you.
      2) Tell me about a time when your job entailed being detailed and accurate
      3) Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to ensure your customer got great service.

6 questions total, I cannot remember the other 3.

View Answers (2)

Guarany Bank Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guaranty Bank.

Online math assessment, phone interview, and face to face interview. I received a call almost instantly after completing my phone interview. Managers tend to portray a serious and intimidating demeanor during the interview, but trust me most of them are very laid back on a day to day basis. Once you are hired you complete 3 weeks of very easy training, then you are off to your branch.

Interview Questions
    • The Manager wants to know that you can successfully close deals. All he or she needs to know is that you can tolerate approaching strangers in a grocery store. So majority of the interview questions will be geared towards sales. Be prepared to answer questions such as, How do you feel about approaching strangers? Are you comfortable with standing for long periods of time? Do stop selling when a person tells you no?   Answer Question
    None

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guaranty Bank.

Branch Manager performs a phone screen, if you pass the phone screen, you will be scheduled for an in-person interview. During the in-person interview, you will be asked to complete a grocery store in-aisle prospecting/ sales assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Grocery store in-aisle prospecting/ sales assessment or "Name a policy or procedure that you did not agree with. How did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guaranty Bank.

The hiring and interview process was amazing! I enjoyed the experience & felt as if I was going into a company with plenty opportunity.

Interview Questions
    Was easy, they loved me & I loved the chance to work with them so we agreed on everything very quick.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Guaranty Bank.

Lots of situational experience questions. They will probe for specifics.

Interview Questions
    • Example of situation s where you have failed providing what was learned and how you would do differently next time.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.