Guardian Building Products Distribution

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Greenville, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardian Building Products Distribution in June 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview with 3 managers and the VP. Very thorough review of my resume and some behavioral questions. Overall, they made it a good and very comfortable experience.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you would sell a product to a customer.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Greer, SC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardian Building Products Distribution in December 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview went well. I felt that I was treated with dignity and respect and had the process stopped there I would have given the company a positive rating.

In the face to face interview, their conference room chairs were uncomfortable and made me have to choose to look too relaxed by leaning back or too nervous by leaning forward. This made the interview awkward for me before the interview even began. Another awkward point was they made me feel really comfortable like I was talking with long-term colleagues which made me question if I came across professional enough for this level of position in the interview. The questions were a mix of behavioral and situational. All of the questions were technical.

In the face to face interview, I was led to believe I would be brought back in for a final interview. They did not come out and say that but they nodded and agreed with everything I said and made comments to indicate we were on the same page. At the end of the interview, I had an opportunity to ask them questions. They provided long and thorough answers which is typically what an interviewer does when they want to hire you. Even how they walked me out, led me to believe it was a positive interview. I left the interview noting some things I could improve upon the next time but still feeling like they really liked me and what I brought to the table skill wise.

Given the description above, you can imagine my surprise when the Hiring Manager called the external recruiter the same day and said they had no interest not for the reasons I thought but for a reason that I find hard to believe based on their facial expression and comments. I feel that they either lied to the external recruiter about the reason or were fake to me in the interview.

I appreciate their being friendly and hospitable and providing a reason for not hiring me but at the same time I felt misled and violated.

Interview Question – All questions were technical. The majority were situational with a few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager
Miami, FL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guardian Building Products Distribution in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was complete and exhaustive. they asked my work history and went over my resume with a fine tooth comb. they asked my strengths and they asked my weaknesses. they also asked if I spoke spanish and if i felt comfortable reading and writing it. I told them that I did and they seemed to be pleased.

Interview Question – What did I learn in university   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I found another job with higher pay

Worked for Guardian Building Products Distribution? Contribute to the Community!