Guardian First Funding Group
www.guardianfirst.com New York, NY 50 to 149 Employees

Guardian First Funding Group Reverse Mortgage Loan Officer Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Reverse Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Reverse Mortgage Loan Officer
Melville, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Guardian First Funding Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initially I was asked to complete a phone interview with a recruiter. At first i was reluctant to do so because I did not understand the point. I ultimately did complete this part of the process and found it made sense. i was able to ask questions and get information without having to go through the process of an actual interivew. I guess the recruiter thought the same thing. It was very comfortable and I was asked to come in for an interview. The proces lasted about 10 minutes on the phone.

When I went into the office in Melville, it was very professional. I was asked to fill out a simple applicatin and some other clearing information. I didn;t fell comfortable providing a ss# and I wasn't pressured into doing so either. I was told if things do go to the next step, it would be required to complete the pre-hire paperwork. I understood that.

The interview again was very thorough and the recruiter asked some strong and well thought out questions. He was able to answer all my inquiries and explained that he did not know some of the answers and would bring in someone who could anser. I liked that.

I ended up meeting with the recruiter, then a person who was alreading doing the job and then the sales manager. At least that's who i think it was. Each person was very professional and they didn't tell me I could make a million dollars. That would have made me skeptical. They kept it realistic and professional.

The entire interview process lasted about an hour. I felt I did very well and they seemed to like me.

Interview Question – How do you transistion from an outside sales enviroment to an inside one?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was contacted by the recruiter and advised that the company was choosing a different direction but felt I did well. Too bad, I think I would have been an asset to this company. It seems like a privileged place of employment.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Reverse Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Reverse Mortgage Loan Officer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardian First Funding Group in March 2008.

Interview Details – Met with the 2 owners of the company individually over two days with a 1:1 interview. The earnings potential, expectations and quotas addressed during the interview were completely different than what actually occurred. The payout structure changed constantly, and never with any warning or input. A hidden "marketing fee" lowered actual earnings from commissions. The health benefits offered were inflated in price, and buying directly from the provider was about $150 less expensive. As I learned later from seeing new employees, anyone with a pulse was hired, and they seemed to have low standards in terms of who they would give opportunities to and expected the high turnover. Often new employees would last, on average 3 days to a maximum of 3 months.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected questions that I remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were offered. Don't accept the offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Guardian First Funding Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guardian First Funding Group Reverse Mortgage Loan Officer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Guardian First Funding Group employees and interview candidates.