Guardian Industries

Relevance Date Difficulty

Controls Technician Interview

Controls Technician
Carleton, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2014.

Interview Details – Was mostly a pleasant process. Gave me a good tour of the plant, explained duties pretty well. Left me with other techs at one point who seemed to question my experience and whether or not I was willing to get dirty since my resume stressed office type work, I guess. Seemed like nice enough bunch though.

Interview Question – Was given a test of PLC ladder logic, this is to be expected and made me realize I needed to bone up on this since it had been a while. Also questioned several times about whether the unusual shift work would be an issue.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Shift Manager Interview

Shift Manager
Carleton, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Guardian Industries in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communications were a telephone pre-screen reviewing my application and resume' submitted. Interview process was day long event, meeting w/several managers and personnel involved in the hiring process at different points in the day. Also it included a tour of plant with walk/talk involved. Notes were taken by about half of the people conducting the interview, so that the notes could be compared at a later time.

Interview Question – There weren't any extremely difficult or unexpected questions, Guardian is looking less for technical knowledge and more for a cultural fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate on both wages and vacation time. (of course, that was prior to Koch Industries buying into Guardian).

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Guardian Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guardian Industries interview questions and advice in Carleton, MI. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Guardian Industries employees and interview candidates.