Guardian Industries Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.8

Plant Controller Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2008.

Interview

it was just fine...nothing big actually. talked to a whole host of people after talking to people at the corp office. took long time

Interview Questions

• would you buy an ice cream stand or a car wash   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goole, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Goole, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

An interview was arranged for me by a recruitment agency through which I applied. My contact at the agency was very good and positive about my chances of getting this role. Apparently, she had sent several CV's to Guardian over a period of two and a half months and Guardian knocked them all back; I was the only person they chose to interview. That gave me added confidence that there was something about my experience and skills that they were interested in. I arrived at Guardian and was escorted to a waiting area by a security guard. A friendly woman greeted me and asked me to fill an application form in and asked me if I wanted a drink; so far so good. After about fifteen minutes, my interviewer arrived. From his arrival and initial exchanges he seemed uninterested in the interview and in me. It crossed my mind that this could be a ploy, a kind of "I'm going to raise objections about your suitability for this position and you have to convince me that they are incorrect and hence you will have to convince me that you should have this job" as he seemed to me to be raising unreasonable objections. But it became apparent that that wasn't the case. My contact at the agency told me (as per the instruction of the HR Manager at Guardian) that I was being considered not only for the position I applied for (Process Engineer) but also the Process Manager position because of my previous experience. When I raised this with my interviewer, he told me "no, I don't think so; you are not experienced enough for the Process Manager position." After the interview I was left wondering why there was such a difference in opinion. There seems as if there could have been some conflict between my interviewer and the HR manager/department, but that is just a theory. It does not excuse the lack of professionalism shown towards me in the interview. I gave, in my opinion, a very good interview, despite the lack of interest from my interviewer. I put a good case across as to why Guardian should give the position, but it seemed certain from the very beginning of the interview that the interviewer's mind was made up. I left the interview feeling underwhelmed; I'd put in the time and effort to travel to the interview and give a good interview and in return I was shown contempt.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you've ever done in your life?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

Stared with a phone interview. If called in for a second interview be prepared for a long day. It consists of meeting with multiple people (about 7 or 8) and interview by each one individually. You have to pass each interview to be extended a job offer. Typical interview questions and lots of behavioral type questions. There number one focus is safety!

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions and lots of behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

Interview with at least 6 or 7 people from various disciplines and responsibilities

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work nights and weekends. My answer was yes and little did I know what I was in for!!   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer except the start date. I was allowed to start 1 week later than they requested.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Detroit, MI) in April 2010.

Interview

Two interviews typical. First time expect to meet 5-7 people for one on one interviews from future peers, senior people and HR. Basic questions for cultural fit and technical skills. Second interview several weeks later expect to make a presentation to a group of people. Panel interview with 4- 6 people and interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict resolution with a peer and develop a good working relationship when things have gone bad? How do you correct the situation? And, do you have to become friends again to work well together   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corsicana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Corsicana, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Many thirty to sixty minute interviews that lasted all day Was offered lunch by would be manager Asked similar questions many times by different people Seemed unorganized and took longer than it should have as lots of guys needed to be tracked down

Interview Questions

Negotiation

try to negotiate everything

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

There were 3 interviews total. An initial phone interview, then a panel interview with technical folks, then a more general, business question/culture type interview with upper level managers. The people were very nice and were just trying to get a feel for your personality and if you would fit in with the culture here.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weaknesses, or name a time when you had to overcome something challenging.   Answer Question

Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carleton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Carleton, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

The overall process took about two months, but I was kept in the loop during the whole process. The first interview consisted of my knowledge of the company, and then a small tour of one of the lines. After that came basic interview questions, strengths, weaknesses, if I was willing to work long hours. The first interview lasted roughly 45 minutes from start to finish. I got the second call from Guardian about 2 weeks after my first interview, this one consisted of a one on one interview with a member of HR. I was asked more specific questions, such as how I'd handle specific situations related to saftey, and harassment. At the end I was given a writen, and verbal offer for the position, pending a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations for laborer positions

Production Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview

First communication was to set up a pre-screening phone interview. Recruiter was polite and explained the position very well. I was asked to give a run-down about my experiences and we went into behavioral response questions. Unfortunately, I have not finished my degree but I have life experience through the military comparable to the position applied for. However, it seemed that experience was dismissed after further discussion as it was not a manufacturing environment.

Interview Questions

• Can you take instructions from others without being upset?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ligonier, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Guardian Industries (Ligonier, IN).

Interview

Long and somewhat unorganized. I interviewed with three managers on site and most of the questions were tied to lean manufacturing. The plant manager was the first on-site interview and I actually enjoyed talking with him. He took me for a short tour and covered some of their organizational goals. After my interview with the PM I interview with two other managers, one was quality and the other I am not sure. They were both very vague and I lost interest during this time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, but very vague questions. I would have expected more relevant questions pertaining to my skills and qualifications. Over the past three years I have received at least thirty calls, from different recruiters, about this same position. It appears Guardian is seeking a particular leadership trait that is difficult to find or the turn-over rate is astronomical. Thats just my opinion.   Answer Question

I received an offer for another interview. I didn't feel I would be a good fit for their culture and declined any additional interviews.