Guardian Industries

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews

Plant Controller Interview

Plant Controller

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2008.

Interview Details – it was just fine...nothing big actually. talked to a whole host of people after talking to people at the corp office. took long time

Interview Question – would you buy an ice cream stand or a car wash   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Goole, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardian Industries in January 2011.

Interview Details – An interview was arranged for me by a recruitment agency through which I applied. My contact at the agency was very good and positive about my chances of getting this role. Apparently, she had sent several CV's to Guardian over a period of two and a half months and Guardian knocked them all back; I was the only person they chose to interview. That gave me added confidence that there was something about my experience and skills that they were interested in.

I arrived at Guardian and was escorted to a waiting area by a security guard. A friendly woman greeted me and asked me to fill an application form in and asked me if I wanted a drink; so far so good.

After about fifteen minutes, my interviewer arrived. From his arrival and initial exchanges he seemed uninterested in the interview and in me. It crossed my mind that this could be a ploy, a kind of "I'm going to raise objections about your suitability for this position and you have to convince me that they are incorrect and hence you will have to convince me that you should have this job" as he seemed to me to be raising unreasonable objections.

But it became apparent that that wasn't the case. My contact at the agency told me (as per the instruction of the HR Manager at Guardian) that I was being considered not only for the position I applied for (Process Engineer) but also the Process Manager position because of my previous experience. When I raised this with my interviewer, he told me "no, I don't think so; you are not experienced enough for the Process Manager position."

After the interview I was left wondering why there was such a difference in opinion. There seems as if there could have been some conflict between my interviewer and the HR manager/department, but that is just a theory. It does not excuse the lack of professionalism shown towards me in the interview.

I gave, in my opinion, a very good interview, despite the lack of interest from my interviewer. I put a good case across as to why Guardian should give the position, but it seemed certain from the very beginning of the interview that the interviewer's mind was made up.

I left the interview feeling underwhelmed; I'd put in the time and effort to travel to the interview and give a good interview and in return I was shown contempt.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult thing you've ever done in your life?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview Details – Stared with a phone interview. If called in for a second interview be prepared for a long day. It consists of meeting with multiple people (about 7 or 8) and interview by each one individually. You have to pass each interview to be extended a job offer. Typical interview questions and lots of behavioral type questions. There number one focus is safety!

Interview Question – Typical interview questions and lots of behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Senior Staff Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview Details – Interview with at least 6 or 7 people from various disciplines and responsibilities

Interview Question – Are you willing to work nights and weekends. My answer was yes and little did I know what I was in for!!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer except the start date. I was allowed to start 1 week later than they requested.

No Answer Interview

No Answer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview Details – Group interview format. Group seemed nice. Really pushed the company values. Side stepped some of my questions to the group

Interview Question – provide an example of some of the projects you worked on and how they turned out   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited. They would not negotiate on salary or perks

Sales/Marketing Interview

Sales/Marketing
Carlton, MI

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Guardian Industries in October 2009.

Interview Details – It was a very long/detailed process. TWO phone interviews, with TWO differnt departments, and TWO face to face interviews

Interview Question – WHY Guardian   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not difficult

Logistics Manager Interview

Logistics Manager
Rexdale, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardian Industries in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview for Logistics Manager position. I got the impression from the beginning that the manager that interviewed me was not interested as he kept yawning during the interview process.

Interview Question – Since I come from a distribution background, I was asked 'how would I deal with gruff manufacturing people'.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Corsicana, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardian Industries in August 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a total of 7 people, each one of the interviews lasted about 20 to 30 minutes. First interview was with the person from HR. He asked the basic HR type questions ( What are you strengths/weakness? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Whats the idea job for you? Tell me about yourself? What are hobbies? etc...). The rest of the interviews were with the technical people. The facility there in Corsicana was a typical manufacturing environment; loud, dirty, and hot. I started to have second thoughts about wanting to work there, but then again this is a very difficult job market. As far as I know the interview went well. I just had one complaint. I was told by the last interviewer that they would be in contact the next week. After two weeks and several emails they sent me an email saying they would not be making me an offer. I guess everybody thought someone else was going to send the email. I thought that showed a lack of class. Overall the experience was positive because I got to go on a trip for two days, and I got a little more interview experience.

Interview Questions

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Guardian Industries in February 2007.

Interview Details – Guardian is known for looooong interview process. This has its positive points (hire the right fit), but can backfire when they lose job hunters to companies that make faster offers. You will meet people who have no knowlege of your function and with whom you will never come in contact with after your initial interview. Why? What is the point? Who knows... They are very slow to communicate whether or not they want you back for another interview, time-frame, feedback, etc.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. Once I was there, I heard that no one (at least no one at a non-executive level) is allowed to negotiate, even for extra vacation days.

Production Manager Interview

Production Manager

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Guardian Industries in September 2009.

Interview Details – Guardian's process must compose of at least 3 independant interviews that you must "pass" 100% on each to move to an extension of an offer. The interviews are largely the same questions just asked by 3 different people. The perception given to you during the interview is they are hands on hard working and everyone is treated the same. This is not true, only if you are on the "inside" are you given fair treatment and given any sort of respect. Insiders are people with 20+ years and do what they are told.

Interview Question – Are you willing to hold people accountable and how?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation with Guardian. If given an offer, unless it is 100% what you want, turn it down - this is not a place for a long term career.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Guardian Industries

Worked for Guardian Industries? Contribute to the Community!