Guardian Industries

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview Details – The longest process ever...! I interviewed with at least 8 to 9 individuals. First was a call from the HR recruiter; then a call from the VP of HR; then a group interview; had lunch with the current HR (an Engineer) then fly to Michigan to meet other HR folks; met the In-coming VP of HR; she said we had similar ideas, principals and philosophies in HR. Then...sorry you are not good enough?

Interview Question – Duh! "TELL ME A LITTLE bit ABOUT YOURSELF!" Too many times. No hard questions; just basic behavioral stuff: Situation / Task / Action / Results.   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2011.

Interview Details – 1st a phone interview, then 2 different in person interviews. Overheard the HR Manager saying only two applicants that are qualified got through testing and he said the pay will be to low for them. The HR Manager and his boss from the corporate office in Michigan do not know how to interview or what to ask. Also, the plant is going to implement a policy that tests for tobacco use, so be a non-smoker.

Interview Question – All questions were easy and unrememberable.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Floreffe, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of an initial screening on the University Campus and a final interview in the actual manufacturing plant. The initial interview was with the manager and was more of a casual conversation to see if the person was a fit for the culture. The on site interview consisted of 4 interviews (Plant Manager, HR manager, Hot End Manager and Upper Line Manager). It was a day long process and they paid for all accommodations. Once I got the job offer, it was a complete hassle from there on. Little to no help was provided when transferring to the new city for the job and HR clearly showed its lack of experience and professionalism. Overall, I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult about this interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a $1,500 raise from the original offer. My advice is to really get what you want going in because bonuses and raises are not good.

Plant Superintendent Interview

Plant Superintendent
Corsicana, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process could be a lot better. When a schedule is made for the interview process, the interviewee has to wait several minutes in order to see the next person on the list, and a lot of times you don't get to meet everyone on the schedule, for one reason or another. This has the interviewee having to come back several times.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions. Guardian doesn't really follow a structured interview process. One thing I can honestly say about Guardian is when they find that right canidate they will make an offer quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I actually went through a Recuriter. I asked for 3 weeks vacation and got it. The negotiation phase with Guardian was fairly easy. I received everything I had asked for.

Junior Scientist Interview

Junior Scientist
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was 4 hours interview with 4 different people, HR, future boos and two other technical persons

Interview Question – The interview was pretty standard, asked about all of my previous job experience and I presented my portfolio   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardian Industries in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was a very happy conversation with one of the employee at Guardian, they are emphasize on the personality and will of learn than the experience. I think it be very fun to work at Guardian.

Interview Question – Normally are HR frequent asked questions   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview questions: describe a situation you have disagreed your colleagues? what college studies gave you? how do you build the credibility in team?

Interview Question – what is ur weakness?   Answer Question

Customer Account Manager Interview

Customer Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2012.

Interview Details – HR at my previous company passed along my resume (after some extensive redoing and perfecting of it) and made sure it got into the right hands, along with a great referral. I was then contacted by email to set up a time for a phone interview, which went over what some of my previous jobs consisted of and how they related to what I might do at this company. We also discussed my feelings about relocation and general feelings about sales positions, where I was reassured that this is not a typical, cold-call sales type of job. The next phone interview was with the person who would be my manager, and was a run down on what exactly the job would consist of.

Interview Question – How did you get along with your previous managers, and if you didn't get along, why not?   Answer Question

General Laborer Interview

General Laborer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2012.

Interview Details – As long as you know someone who works there, pretty standard interview questions. What is your greatest weakness? What are your greatest strengths? Come prepared with questions for them!

Interview Question – The most difficult question would be what is your greatest weakness. Nothing too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Sales/Marketing Interview

Sales/Marketing
Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Guardian Industries in December 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process started with 2 interviews both with HR and a staff of the team. Both interviewees asked about general experience in the previous job. Afterwards came the on site interview which took about an hour. Be prepared to ask a few behavioural questions but also express your interest in the job.

Interview Question – Please tell us the time when you disagreed with a superior?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Guardian Industries

Worked for Guardian Industries? Contribute to the Community!