Guardian Industries

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.7

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Guardian Industries.

The longest process ever...! I interviewed with at least 8 to 9 individuals. First was a call from the HR recruiter; then a call from the VP of HR; then a group interview; had lunch with the current HR (an Engineer) then fly to Michigan to meet other HR folks; met the In-coming VP of HR; she said we had similar ideas, principals and philosophies in HR. Then...sorry you are not good enough?

Interview Questions
    • Duh! "TELL ME A LITTLE bit ABOUT YOURSELF!" Too many times. No hard questions; just basic behavioral stuff: Situation / Task / Action / Results.   View Answers (2)

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardian Industries.

It was really simple, they asked me about the simple control system questions. Face to face was mostly salary negotiation. Had a lunch with future colleagues, they were very nice and welcoming. They asked me about my experience on control system design, about they understood my depth about control system they kinda stop talking about technical questions. ;-P

Interview Questions
    • The negotiation was difficult, manager straight offered me an exact number and said he wont be able to offer any more. As I badly needed a job then so I had to accept that.   View Answer
    They are a HUGE company they got tons of money, but doesnt want to pay much. Bonus is simply a joke. So negotiate as much as possible from the beginning coz you can forget about the raise for atleast next 3 to 4 years.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2011.

1st a phone interview, then 2 different in person interviews. Overheard the HR Manager saying only two applicants that are qualified got through testing and he said the pay will be to low for them. The HR Manager and his boss from the corporate office in Michigan do not know how to interview or what to ask. Also, the plant is going to implement a policy that tests for tobacco use, so be a non-smoker.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Floreffe, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Floreffe, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2012.

The interview process consisted of an initial screening on the University Campus and a final interview in the actual manufacturing plant. The initial interview was with the manager and was more of a casual conversation to see if the person was a fit for the culture. The on site interview consisted of 4 interviews (Plant Manager, HR manager, Hot End Manager and Upper Line Manager). It was a day long process and they paid for all accommodations. Once I got the job offer, it was a complete hassle from there on. Little to no help was provided when transferring to the new city for the job and HR clearly showed its lack of experience and professionalism. Overall, I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a $1,500 raise from the original offer. My advice is to really get what you want going in because bonuses and raises are not good.

Plant Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corsicana, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corsicana, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2011.

The interview process could be a lot better. When a schedule is made for the interview process, the interviewee has to wait several minutes in order to see the next person on the list, and a lot of times you don't get to meet everyone on the schedule, for one reason or another. This has the interviewee having to come back several times.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions. Guardian doesn't really follow a structured interview process. One thing I can honestly say about Guardian is when they find that right canidate they will make an offer quickly.   Answer Question
    I actually went through a Recuriter. I asked for 3 weeks vacation and got it. The negotiation phase with Guardian was fairly easy. I received everything I had asked for.

Junior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2012.

It was 4 hours interview with 4 different people, HR, future boos and two other technical persons

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty standard, asked about all of my previous job experience and I presented my portfolio   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardian Industries in July 2013.

It was a very happy conversation with one of the employee at Guardian, they are emphasize on the personality and will of learn than the experience. I think it be very fun to work at Guardian.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2011.

phone interview questions: describe a situation you have disagreed your colleagues? what college studies gave you? how do you build the credibility in team?

Customer Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2012.

HR at my previous company passed along my resume (after some extensive redoing and perfecting of it) and made sure it got into the right hands, along with a great referral. I was then contacted by email to set up a time for a phone interview, which went over what some of my previous jobs consisted of and how they related to what I might do at this company. We also discussed my feelings about relocation and general feelings about sales positions, where I was reassured that this is not a typical, cold-call sales type of job. The next phone interview was with the person who would be my manager, and was a run down on what exactly the job would consist of.

Interview Questions
    • How did you get along with your previous managers, and if you didn't get along, why not?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries in October 2013.

Straightforward process, just wanted to understand my background. I enjoyed speaking with two of the interviewers but had another who was abrasive. Hearing the experiences of the team is always positive, and better understanding their thoughts on company culture.