Guardian Industries

Updated Mar 11, 2014

Getting the Interview

23 candidate interviews

Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guardian Industries in December 2010.

Interview Details – When applying for coating engineer/scientist process was split into two parts: 1) interview at the local site you would support; 2) technical interview with science and technology center staff (located in Michigan - may be an extended phone interview).

Interview Question – Questions regarding work/life balance.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straightforward. Salary was within expected range and benefits are quite good.

Shift Manager Interview

Carleton, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Guardian Industries in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communications were a telephone pre-screen reviewing my application and resume' submitted. Interview process was day long event, meeting w/several managers and personnel involved in the hiring process at different points in the day. Also it included a tour of plant with walk/talk involved. Notes were taken by about half of the people conducting the interview, so that the notes could be compared at a later time.

Interview Question – There weren't any extremely difficult or unexpected questions, Guardian is looking less for technical knowledge and more for a cultural fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate on both wages and vacation time. (of course, that was prior to Koch Industries buying into Guardian).

General Laborer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2012.

Interview Details – As long as you know someone who works there, pretty standard interview questions. What is your greatest weakness? What are your greatest strengths? Come prepared with questions for them!

Interview Question – The most difficult question would be what is your greatest weakness. Nothing too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview Details – The longest process ever...! I interviewed with at least 8 to 9 individuals. First was a call from the HR recruiter; then a call from the VP of HR; then a group interview; had lunch with the current HR (an Engineer) then fly to Michigan to meet other HR folks; met the In-coming VP of HR; she said we had similar ideas, principals and philosophies in HR. Then...sorry you are not good enough?

Interview Question – Duh! "TELL ME A LITTLE bit ABOUT YOURSELF!" Too many times. No hard questions; just basic behavioral stuff: Situation / Task / Action / Results.   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Floreffe, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of an initial screening on the University Campus and a final interview in the actual manufacturing plant. The initial interview was with the manager and was more of a casual conversation to see if the person was a fit for the culture. The on site interview consisted of 4 interviews (Plant Manager, HR manager, Hot End Manager and Upper Line Manager). It was a day long process and they paid for all accommodations. Once I got the job offer, it was a complete hassle from there on. Little to no help was provided when transferring to the new city for the job and HR clearly showed its lack of experience and professionalism. Overall, I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult about this interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a $1,500 raise from the original offer. My advice is to really get what you want going in because bonuses and raises are not good.

Sales/Marketing Interview

Carlton, MI

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Guardian Industries in October 2009.

Interview Details – It was a very long/detailed process. TWO phone interviews, with TWO differnt departments, and TWO face to face interviews

Interview Question – WHY Guardian   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not difficult

No Answer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview Details – Group interview format. Group seemed nice. Really pushed the company values. Side stepped some of my questions to the group

Interview Question – provide an example of some of the projects you worked on and how they turned out   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited. They would not negotiate on salary or perks

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview Details – Interview with at least 6 or 7 people from various disciplines and responsibilities

Interview Question – Are you willing to work nights and weekends. My answer was yes and little did I know what I was in for!!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer except the start date. I was allowed to start 1 week later than they requested.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardian Industries in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was a very happy conversation with one of the employee at Guardian, they are emphasize on the personality and will of learn than the experience. I think it be very fun to work at Guardian.

Interview Question – Normally are HR frequent asked questions   Answer Question

Junior Scientist Interview

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was 4 hours interview with 4 different people, HR, future boos and two other technical persons

Interview Question – The interview was pretty standard, asked about all of my previous job experience and I presented my portfolio   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Guardian Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guardian Industries interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Guardian Industries employees and interview candidates.