Guardian Industries

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.7

Regional InGlass Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2013.

Headhunter contacted me and walked me through the entire interview process, training me on how to respond to each question that would be asked. Pretty easy breezy. I had a phone interview, then a series of one-on-one interviews

They only budged on my relocation package - The usual is $3000-$5000

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corsicana, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guardian Industries in December 2012.

Phone interview then they bring you in for a face to face interview with all the senior level employees. I was there for about 8 hours with a lunch provided by the company interviewing with different people and touring the plant. Every interviewer didn't have many questions they were more interested in what questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview was trying to find different questions to ask each of the interviewers during the long interviews that centered on the questions I had for the interviewer.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2012.

My interview process was very good, but very long. This couldn't be helped because of the travel schedules of some of the people I met with. I had an initial call with the recruiter and then a face-to-face off-site with the manager for the position. I had two subsequent office interview schedules with several people each time. The process took about 3 months before I was extended the offer. The offer letter process, drug testing and background/reference check process went off without a hitch. Pretty streamlined, although the hard-copy, paper application was a surprise.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any extremely difficult or unexpected questions. There were some very good behavioral interview questions so that I could provide good examples of my past work history.   Answer Question
    Pretty straight-forward! They made their best offer and when I countered they told me as much and asked me to make a decision!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Floreffe, PA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2012.

The first interview was a one on one interview which took about 30 minutes and like any other interview consisted of basic first round questions. The second interview was an on site interview with several of the plant personnel and lasted about 6 hours. Finally, an offer was made and a background check and drug screen was necessary.

General Laborer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2012.

As long as you know someone who works there, pretty standard interview questions. What is your greatest weakness? What are your greatest strengths? Come prepared with questions for them!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question would be what is your greatest weakness. Nothing too hard.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Floreffe, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2012.

The interview process consisted of an initial screening on the University Campus and a final interview in the actual manufacturing plant. The initial interview was with the manager and was more of a casual conversation to see if the person was a fit for the culture. The on site interview consisted of 4 interviews (Plant Manager, HR manager, Hot End Manager and Upper Line Manager). It was a day long process and they paid for all accommodations. Once I got the job offer, it was a complete hassle from there on. Little to no help was provided when transferring to the new city for the job and HR clearly showed its lack of experience and professionalism. Overall, I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a $1,500 raise from the original offer. My advice is to really get what you want going in because bonuses and raises are not good.

Junior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2012.

It was 4 hours interview with 4 different people, HR, future boos and two other technical persons

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty standard, asked about all of my previous job experience and I presented my portfolio   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corsicana, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardian Industries in August 2011.

I interviewed with a total of 7 people, each one of the interviews lasted about 20 to 30 minutes. First interview was with the person from HR. He asked the basic HR type questions ( What are you strengths/weakness? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Whats the idea job for you? Tell me about yourself? What are hobbies? etc...). The rest of the interviews were with the technical people. The facility there in Corsicana was a typical manufacturing environment; loud, dirty, and hot. I started to have second thoughts about wanting to work there, but then again this is a very difficult job market. As far as I know the interview went well. I just had one complaint. I was told by the last interviewer that they would be in contact the next week. After two weeks and several emails they sent me an email saying they would not be making me an offer. I guess everybody thought someone else was going to send the email. I thought that showed a lack of class. Overall the experience was positive because I got to go on a trip for two days, and I got a little more interview experience.

Plant Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corsicana, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2011.

The interview process could be a lot better. When a schedule is made for the interview process, the interviewee has to wait several minutes in order to see the next person on the list, and a lot of times you don't get to meet everyone on the schedule, for one reason or another. This has the interviewee having to come back several times.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions. Guardian doesn't really follow a structured interview process. One thing I can honestly say about Guardian is when they find that right canidate they will make an offer quickly.   Answer Question
    I actually went through a Recuriter. I asked for 3 weeks vacation and got it. The negotiation phase with Guardian was fairly easy. I received everything I had asked for.

Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries in December 2010.

When applying for coating engineer/scientist process was split into two parts: 1) interview at the local site you would support; 2) technical interview with science and technology center staff (located in Michigan - may be an extended phone interview).

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding work/life balance.   View Answer
    Straightforward. Salary was within expected range and benefits are quite good.