Guardian Industries

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carleton, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carleton, MI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Guardian Industries in July 2013.

Hiring process was smooth. All technical people accept one took the individual interviews.
I was contacted by an outside recruiter who explained the hiring process in detail.
Guardian always make sure the candidate can perform without minimum or no training, can work long hours with pressure.

Interview Questions
  • Explain how do you fit for the position?   View Answer
Reasonable and quick.

Other Interview Reviews for Guardian Industries

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Floreffe, PA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2012.

The first interview was a one on one interview which took about 30 minutes and like any other interview consisted of basic first round questions. The second interview was an on site interview with several of the plant personnel and lasted about 6 hours. Finally, an offer was made and a background check and drug screen was necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Floreffe, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2012.

The interview process consisted of an initial screening on the University Campus and a final interview in the actual manufacturing plant. The initial interview was with the manager and was more of a casual conversation to see if the person was a fit for the culture. The on site interview consisted of 4 interviews (Plant Manager, HR manager, Hot End Manager and Upper Line Manager). It was a day long process and they paid for all accommodations. Once I got the job offer, it was a complete hassle from there on. Little to no help was provided when transferring to the new city for the job and HR clearly showed its lack of experience and professionalism. Overall, I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a $1,500 raise from the original offer. My advice is to really get what you want going in because bonuses and raises are not good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corsicana, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corsicana, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardian Industries in August 2011.

I interviewed with a total of 7 people, each one of the interviews lasted about 20 to 30 minutes. First interview was with the person from HR. He asked the basic HR type questions ( What are you strengths/weakness? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Whats the idea job for you? Tell me about yourself? What are hobbies? etc...). The rest of the interviews were with the technical people. The facility there in Corsicana was a typical manufacturing environment; loud, dirty, and hot. I started to have second thoughts about wanting to work there, but then again this is a very difficult job market. As far as I know the interview went well. I just had one complaint. I was told by the last interviewer that they would be in contact the next week. After two weeks and several emails they sent me an email saying they would not be making me an offer. I guess everybody thought someone else was going to send the email. I thought that showed a lack of class. Overall the experience was positive because I got to go on a trip for two days, and I got a little more interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2010.

Two interviews typical. First time expect to meet 5-7 people for one on one interviews from future peers, senior people and HR. Basic questions for cultural fit and technical skills. Second interview several weeks later expect to make a presentation to a group of people. Panel interview with 4- 6 people and interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle conflict resolution with a peer and develop a good working relationship when things have gone bad? How do you correct the situation? And, do you have to become friends again to work well together   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardian Industries in April 2011.

phone interview questions: describe a situation you have disagreed your colleagues? what college studies gave you? how do you build the credibility in team?

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goole, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goole, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardian Industries in January 2011.

An interview was arranged for me by a recruitment agency through which I applied. My contact at the agency was very good and positive about my chances of getting this role. Apparently, she had sent several CV's to Guardian over a period of two and a half months and Guardian knocked them all back; I was the only person they chose to interview. That gave me added confidence that there was something about my experience and skills that they were interested in.

I arrived at Guardian and was escorted to a waiting area by a security guard. A friendly woman greeted me and asked me to fill an application form in and asked me if I wanted a drink; so far so good.

After about fifteen minutes, my interviewer arrived. From his arrival and initial exchanges he seemed uninterested in the interview and in me. It crossed my mind that this could be a ploy, a kind of "I'm going to raise objections about your suitability for this position and you have to convince me that they are incorrect and hence you will have to convince me that you should have this job" as he seemed to me to be raising unreasonable objections.

But it became apparent that that wasn't the case. My contact at the agency told me (as per the instruction of the HR Manager at Guardian) that I was being considered not only for the position I applied for (Process Engineer) but also the Process Manager position because of my previous experience. When I raised this with my interviewer, he told me "no, I don't think so; you are not experienced enough for the Process Manager position."

After the interview I was left wondering why there was such a difference in opinion. There seems as if there could have been some conflict between my interviewer and the HR manager/department, but that is just a theory. It does not excuse the lack of professionalism shown towards me in the interview.

I gave, in my opinion, a very good interview, despite the lack of interest from my interviewer. I put a good case across as to why Guardian should give the position, but it seemed certain from the very beginning of the interview that the interviewer's mind was made up.

I left the interview feeling underwhelmed; I'd put in the time and effort to travel to the interview and give a good interview and in return I was shown contempt.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult thing you've ever done in your life?   Answer Question