Guardian Life Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.7

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guardian Life.

It took three months for the interview process and I had to go in twice to interview with the same people. It is very political. I was hired because I knew someone.

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Guardian Life.

Totally 4 runs. The first interview was with the recruiter, the interview is more about explaining your resume, followed by a take home personality test. The second and third interview were by managers, they have a short introduction about the company and their experiences in this industry. The last interview was conducted by the general manager, setup the goal and plan to see if you are committed to do this business.

Lead Database Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardian Life in January 2015.

The recruiter contacted me directly. I was provided with a detailed job description. Basically, to read the job description literally, you'd need to know Oracle, Sql Server and Hadoop. That's a bit far fetched but I let that go. I explained what I do know and what I don't. We decided to proceed. The recruiter sent me an email with time and date of phone interview. The calendar invite was for 30 min earlier. Naturally, I was not ready to receive the call and it created some unnecessary awkwardness during the call. I was greeted by an individual who did not introduce himself, then another individual joined the call who also decided to forgo introduction. Then it went like this... Hello, you're applying for this position, state your experience, expertise, go... I spoke about my experience and at some point, I was cut off with a question. As I was answering that question I was cut off again. When I answered that question, these two people decided to end the call. Usually, you'd say, thank you for your honest answer but this is not what we're looking for. Instead I got, thank you, good bye. The reasoning was that they were looking for the "must have" skills on the job description and "good to have" was there for fluff. This was the first time in my experience dealing with such unprofessional and rude individuals.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Guardian Life in October 2014.

Went in and had the general interview questions, Where do you see yourself in five years, describe your strengths and weaknesses. Then sat through a presentation about the company and the job description. Salary is commission based.

PeopleSoft Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Guardian Life.

Four interviews - two phone interviews and two in person with inconclusive results.
    Seemed like a great company and culture - don't believe they knew what they were looking for.

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Guardian Life.

Phone and face to face interviews. Regular PM question, nothing earth shattering. Was asked several question. Given a skills test. Examples of most complicated project completed. Ask to identify strengths and weaknesses.

Regional Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardian Life.

Pretty standard and straighforward. Asked about previous sales experience etc.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardian Life in March 2014.

Interviewed with Guardian Life in person and had a reasonable experience. Fairly easy interview, but felt pressured to accept an offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Guardian Life.

I talked to recruiter at the job fair about financial position, they set up an interview the same day. They asked mainly questions regarding what I was looking for in a job and work history

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult or unexpected questions, a lot a basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Was not what I was looking for in a job. Hugely commission based

Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Guardian Life in March 2014.

Excellent and immediate communication and follow up from HR and interviewer. Warm interview style. Seems like a great working environment; professional/ inviting staff; promotes good patient advocacy. Thank You.