Guardian Life

30 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Guardian Life.

Interview Details – Phone and face to face interviews. Regular PM question, nothing earth shattering. Was asked several question. Given a skills test. Examples of most complicated project completed. Ask to identify strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Question – Given test   Answer Question

Commission Representative Interview

Commission Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Guardian Life in July 2012.

Interview Details – It took the company more then a 2 week to call me for an interview and when I was hired I started after 2 months. Very slow with interviewing an hiring process.

Interview Question – Company as like high school question. Question are no brainer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very hard company doesn't like to pay employees. Company salary is very cheap for the amount of work you have to do.

Very Easy Interview

Transaction Manager Interview

Transaction Manager
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardian Life in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied to an advertised position that I heard of from a relative that had a relationship with the manager. Was called in to interview. They explained what the group did, and asked about my experience, and hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – If I had played sports.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Guardian Life.

Interview Details – It can be very, very quick. Just focus on the basics- know your work history and sell yourself. Anything you can display to verify previous success should bode well for you. Trial close, close and then try to close again...if you don't show you can close and have determination they won't consider you...but make sure you have the acumen to do it correctly- youtube/google it if you don't know.

Interview Question – I can't really recall anything tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Through a recruiter. The one-year guarantee for experienced reps is 50 - 75k. But I am sure this will be decreasing soon.

Regional Sales Representative Interview

Regional Sales Representative
Quincy, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guardian Life.

Interview Details – Pretty standard and straighforward. Asked about previous sales experience etc.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult. Pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guardian Life in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Guardian Life in person and had a reasonable experience. Fairly easy interview, but felt pressured to accept an offer.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist Interview

Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist
Bethlehem, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Guardian Life in March 2014.

Interview Details – Excellent and immediate communication and follow up from HR and interviewer. Warm interview style. Seems like a great working environment; professional/ inviting staff; promotes good patient advocacy. Thank You.

Interview Question – Where to you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager III Interview

Project Manager III
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Guardian Life in July 2010.

Interview Details – They prefer to use recruiters than company website

Interview Question – What would you miss most about your prior company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked how much would you like and said okay when I provided the amount

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Guardian Life.

Interview Details – I talked to recruiter at the job fair about financial position, they set up an interview the same day. They asked mainly questions regarding what I was looking for in a job and work history

Interview Question – No really difficult or unexpected questions, a lot a basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was not what I was looking for in a job. Hugely commission based

Processor Interview

Processor
Bethlehem, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Guardian Life in November 2011.

Interview Details – I only had one interview, but it was with three people. The management was very nice and explained in detail the type of work they handled. The questions are behavioral and difficult to answer.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you motivated your coworkers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not too bad, we were able to meet in the middle range.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Guardian Life

Worked for Guardian Life? Contribute to the Community!

Guardian Life Videos

Guardian Life – Why Work for Us?

​​As one of the largest mutual insurance companies—operating for more than 150 years in the U.S.—Guardian possesses many attributes which makes us a particularly viable employer for you to consider during your career… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guardian Life interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Guardian Life employees and interview candidates.