Guardsmark

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.6

Security Officer Interview

The interview process at the time I applied was very detailed and thorough. If you have all your documents with you at the time of the interview, you will be sent out for drug screening and polygraph testing.

Interview Questions
    They basically, at that time, let you know what you would be doing, what your salary would be according to what site you are working at, and issue you your uniform.

Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guardsmark.

The hiring process is the most ridiculous procedure anyone will ever endure. Having been former member of the US intelligence service, the Guardsmark is much more painful. If you are considering filling in the application process you must verify your life back to age 18 - employment, neighbors, residences, everything. Then they ask you more questions on your medical history. Not just a few but pages and pages and pages of probing and personal questions. YOu don't have to fill these out until they say they are going to hire you, so they dance around that HR issue. If you haven't gone home yet they let you answer a 500+ personality test - "When you beat your husband do you like it or just enjoy it?" Not really but it seems like it.

This is a great company if it was 1985. Paperwork by the Redwood forest and corporate HQ must review and accept everything. If you doubt how backward this company is just go check out their web site: www.guardsmark.com Your impression of the web site is exactly what the company is - stuck in the 1980's.

Interview Questions
    • The whole process but especially the multi-page medical questionnaire and the 500+ plus personality profile   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in September 2013.

The first day was meant to be simply dropping off a resume. Once the HR guy looked over my resume, he had me fill out a job application. I was called a few days later for an interview. Pretty general interview to say the least. Next step was taking a psychological examination which consisted of over 300 questions asking me things such as "Have you thought of killing yourself (at least 10 times), do you hear voices in your head, do you think people are following you, have you tried to commit suicide"... I never found out the results but I assumed that i "passed". After that I had to get a drug test and get finger printed by the local PD. Once the results from the test came back I was called in for the training which consisted of watching multiple videos about how to do the job according to the company. A few days later I received my uniforms and conducted training at my job sight.

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark in April 2012.

Was asked when I could start so, I started.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really asked any questions except on the application which was a 3 day event.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharonville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharonville, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardsmark in December 2009.

it's very simple. have to take a test to get your guard card but its very simple, all common sense.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark.

Craigslist
    Meet> Application
    half day company training and testing
    Start next day
    Site training half day
    Temp license
    Full license

take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in August 2012.

Interview with HR Manager
    Polygraph exam
    Psychological exam
    Criminal Record Check
    Testing/Exams
    Fingerprinting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in November 2009.

I went in to the Guardsmark main building downtown in person with an application. They contacted me within a week to interview and fill out paperwork for employment. I had to obtain a Private Security License, pass a background check (although I don't think very thorough, I worked with some folks that looked like they straight off the street and took drugs).

Once I got done with that, they sent me to a client facility to work and told me nothing about the job I would be doing. Once I got there the job was an outside post and you would literally guard parked cars all day.

When can you start?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zanesville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zanesville, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in June 2012.

just had to fill out the paperwork. As long as you had no criminal background due to the nature of the job, and they needed guards you was hired.

First Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark in February 2013.

not too professional