Guardsmark Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.5

Security Officer Interview

Interview

The interview process at the time I applied was very detailed and thorough. If you have all your documents with you at the time of the interview, you will be sent out for drug screening and polygraph testing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They basically, at that time, let you know what you would be doing, what your salary would be according to what site you are working at, and issue you your uniform.

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

The hiring process is the most ridiculous procedure anyone will ever endure. Having been former member of the US intelligence service, the Guardsmark is much more painful. If you are considering filling in the application process you must verify your life back to age 18 - employment, neighbors, residences, everything. Then they ask you more questions on your medical history. Not just a few but pages and pages and pages of probing and personal questions. YOu don't have to fill these out until they say they are going to hire you, so they dance around that HR issue. If you haven't gone home yet they let you answer a 500+ personality test - "When you beat your husband do you like it or just enjoy it?" Not really but it seems like it.

This is a great company if it was 1985. Paperwork by the Redwood forest and corporate HQ must review and accept everything. If you doubt how backward this company is just go check out their web site: www.guardsmark.com Your impression of the web site is exactly what the company is - stuck in the 1980's.

Interview Questions

• The whole process but especially the multi-page medical questionnaire and the 500+ plus personality profile   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark (Farmington Hills, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

The first day was meant to be simply dropping off a resume. Once the HR guy looked over my resume, he had me fill out a job application. I was called a few days later for an interview. Pretty general interview to say the least. Next step was taking a psychological examination which consisted of over 300 questions asking me things such as "Have you thought of killing yourself (at least 10 times), do you hear voices in your head, do you think people are following you, have you tried to commit suicide"... I never found out the results but I assumed that i "passed". After that I had to get a drug test and get finger printed by the local PD. Once the results from the test came back I was called in for the training which consisted of watching multiple videos about how to do the job according to the company. A few days later I received my uniforms and conducted training at my job sight.

Negotiation

N/A

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

Met with the branch manager, he had a few questions but mostly wanted to review the qualifications I had listed on my resume. Seemed relatively simple... ultimately I withdrew my candidacy as the job seemed really boring. Also.. accruing 1 week of vacation for your first couple years is a terrible policy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark (Bay City, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

Took home a video took a test returned the finished test and turned in filled out w2 and other paperwork. Within two business days was called to start training at location.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing you are looking for working with this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardsmark (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Long and very informative but not about u or the job mainly the lies they feed you to get u in the door. First off not the most trustworthy person, they ask u real personal stuff like "do u like to have sex"? How often do u have sex etc....They are in fact so personal it makes u question them and there motives

Interview Questions

• none they don't ask u anything, but why do by want to leave your current employer, and then they go into making this job look AWESOME... which it's definitely NOT   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview within a few days. The interview was good. The interviewers were personable. However, I was sent home with an application packet to fill out. This is where the problems began...The application is 40 pages and they ask unbelievable questions on it. In addition, they wanted me to complete a "personality" test. Wow! 567 questions that will convince you that the people who wrote these questions are ultimately the ones who need psychiatric attention! Numerous questions are about sex! And the interviewing manager informed me that they will use this so-called personality test to qualify/disqualify for promotion, so apparently it remains a part of your permanent file.

In all honesty, I felt totally violated after reading over the application and the test. The most disturbing of all is that they want names, address, and phone numbers for all of your immediate family members - INCLUDING CHILDREN!!! It makes me wonder if they are going to investigate my entire family. Oh, and they want a release for your medical records, in addition to not holding them liable for any decision they make regarding the medical information! I am not comfortable providing this information to anyone and especially not to provide a written record to an employer who I am now questioning their motives.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark (York, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Was asked when I could start so, I started.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really asked any questions except on the application which was a 3 day event.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharonville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Guardsmark (Sharonville, OH) in December 2009.

Interview

it's very simple. have to take a test to get your guard card but its very simple, all common sense.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark (Moses Lake, WA).

Interview

Craigslist
    Meet> Application
    half day company training and testing
    Start next day
    Site training half day
    Temp license
    Full license

Interview Questions

Negotiation

take it or leave it