Guardsmark Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.4

Security Officer Interview

The interview process at the time I applied was very detailed and thorough. If you have all your documents with you at the time of the interview, you will be sent out for drug screening and polygraph testing.

Interview Questions
    They basically, at that time, let you know what you would be doing, what your salary would be according to what site you are working at, and issue you your uniform.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in April 2012.

Was asked when I could start so, I started.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really asked any questions except on the application which was a 3 day event.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sharonville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharonville, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Guardsmark in December 2009.

it's very simple. have to take a test to get your guard card but its very simple, all common sense.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moses Lake, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Guardsmark.

Craigslist
    Meet> Application
    half day company training and testing
    Start next day
    Site training half day
    Temp license
    Full license

take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in August 2012.

Interview with HR Manager
    Polygraph exam
    Psychological exam
    Criminal Record Check
    Testing/Exams
    Fingerprinting

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in November 2009.

I went in to the Guardsmark main building downtown in person with an application. They contacted me within a week to interview and fill out paperwork for employment. I had to obtain a Private Security License, pass a background check (although I don't think very thorough, I worked with some folks that looked like they straight off the street and took drugs).

Once I got done with that, they sent me to a client facility to work and told me nothing about the job I would be doing. Once I got there the job was an outside post and you would literally guard parked cars all day.

When can you start?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Zanesville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zanesville, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in June 2012.

just had to fill out the paperwork. As long as you had no criminal background due to the nature of the job, and they needed guards you was hired.

First Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in February 2013.

not too professional

no negotiation were needed

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in October 2009.

Guardsmark spent nearly two weeks with the hiring process. I arrived and was given a "pre-interview" application that was about 2 pages. Filled it out then spoke with the HR guy. I guess that was the interview because there never was anything like an official interview after that. After than I filled out the FOURTY page application that required 8 references and job and address history for the last 10 years. Later I took a polygraph test which was pretty much a "did you lie on your application" type questions. Then I also did the 500+ question personality test. Eventually I had to watch about 4 hours worth of "Training films" which were filled with common sense question. Photographs and uniforms came later. Nearly two weeks after I applied I was given a post assignment. All in all the process could have been done in 2-3 days but they can not organize anything at the office and everything takes forever.

Interview Questions
    • There was no interview-type questions. Just a review of the application.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sterling Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in June 2009.

Pretty short process, longest part was the book of an application.

Applied at main office one day and was told there was nothing available. Got a call the next morning as my resume was passed on and went for interview on the following Monday. started work the next week.

What negotiation? There was none. Number one sign you may be headed to the wrong job!

Worked for Guardsmark? Contribute to the Community!