Guardsmark Interview Questions

2.4

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in June 2007.

Extremely comprehensive and thorough. Very demanding interviews; at least seven different interviews including psychologist, HR, executive managers, and President of the company

Salary compensation

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in October 2009.

Guardsmark spent nearly two weeks with the hiring process. I arrived and was given a "pre-interview" application that was about 2 pages. Filled it out then spoke with the HR guy. I guess that was the interview because there never was anything like an official interview after that. After than I filled out the FOURTY page application that required 8 references and job and address history for the last 10 years. Later I took a polygraph test which was pretty much a "did you lie on your application" type questions. Then I also did the 500+ question personality test. Eventually I had to watch about 4 hours worth of "Training films" which were filled with common sense question. Photographs and uniforms came later. Nearly two weeks after I applied I was given a post assignment. All in all the process could have been done in 2-3 days but they can not organize anything at the office and everything takes forever.

Interview Questions
    • There was no interview-type questions. Just a review of the application.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Guardsmark in January 2008.

Guardsmark has a slow and thorough process. Several levels of review are required to secure the job and there is very little communication in between time. Local management may like a candidate but lack the authority to execute on the hire which can be frustrating. But after enough time things eventually roll around. Make sure your background is squeaky clean. The drug test is no job, there can be no gaps in your employment and every reference and previous employer will be contacted...not too mention the MMPI.

Security Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in July 2009.

The interview was a fairly easy process. It consisted of the application, personality test, mental health questionnaire, and then a 1 on 1 interview with both the HR specialist, and the branch manager. Then they offer conditional employment (probationary period).

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Staff Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in January 2010.

Went thru an extensive hiring process for a job at their corporate offices in Memphis. I spent a lot of time and money (parking, proper attire as I heard that women can only wear skirts!!!) in hopes of getting the job. I was told about 3 weeks into the process (after I called numerous times for an update) that they decided to hire internally- maybe. They will for sure let me know by the end of the week. They never called. It is a slap in the face to the unemployed to be treated this way. Because of the disrespect I was shown after all the hoops I went thru, I will never apply to this company again. The lie detector tests and extensive personality tests for a staff position are a little ridiculous also.

Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Guardsmark in March 2008.

applied on line. they called me back a day later. I went down to the officer. they asked me the basic questions like what would you do in a frustraing situation. I told them what they wanted to hear. They were all nice but I never got a call back. I liked what they had to offer.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kirkland, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in July 2010.

I completed a phone interview and was called back in for a one on one interview. I was told the process would take about 3 weeks for them to do callbacks for a 3rd interview and that they would be in touch. I never received another call from them after that. I wouldn't have accepted the job anyway because they don't offer vacation time until you have been there for 2 years.

Site Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in June 2009.

At first, I called the company in reference to an ad I saw in the paper stating that positions were available between $11-14 per hour. I was told I would have to come into the office and fill out an application. I did so a few days later. I dressed up in a suit and tie, came with my credentials ready, and when the HR rep noticed that I had a Bachelor's degree, her eyes lit up. I spoke with the branch manager about a position (where I still work now) and was essentially offered a job right then and there which was contingent upon passing an irregular client interview. The process was very easy and I did not spend more than 3-4 hours at the office. Considering I basically walked away with a job, that was not too bad!

Interview Questions
    • In your mind, what do you feel qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sterling Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in June 2009.

Pretty short process, longest part was the book of an application.

Applied at main office one day and was told there was nothing available. Got a call the next morning as my resume was passed on and went for interview on the following Monday. started work the next week.

What negotiation? There was none. Number one sign you may be headed to the wrong job!

Internal Audit Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in January 2012.

Reception of the HR personnel was warm, details offered of the company's focus to see if it aligns with the interviewees then was called in for panel interview.

Worked for Guardsmark? Contribute to the Community!