Guardsmark Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.5

Vice President Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark (Memphis, TN) in June 2009.

Interview

Length and detailed 45 page application will check it out to the nth degree. Do not bother applying if you have any criminal record, a bankruptcy or if you have even tried drugs. Many interviews expect it to take up to 3 months. Expect to meet senior management and people not directly in your areas of expertese

Negotiation

Not much take it or leave it some (up to 10%) flexibility on salary

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

Initial interview with HR was an easy and friendly experience, but the company's recruitment process is ridiculous. I understand the need for having heavy screening for security officers, but do I really need to be hooked up to a polygraph for an office position??? You will have to fill out a 40 page application, and you will be asked about if you have ever taken drugs, ever taken prescription meds that were not yours, have you ever seen a psychiatrist. The whole process is extremely invasive and unnecessary.

On top of all this, women are not allowed to wear pants in the corporate office. I don't even see how that is legal. This is 2013, not the Mad Men era.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2007.

Interview

Extremely comprehensive and thorough. Very demanding interviews; at least seven different interviews including psychologist, HR, executive managers, and President of the company

Salary compensation

Security Guard Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guardsmark in March 2010.

Interview

ok well i applied did all my paperwork back ground test finger prints payed for it the office said they would call me back in a week to two weeksi did all my work about 2 weeks befor some pepole i know but they got there jobs befor me i went over a coupel of weeks later found out that they had not recived my finger prints or back ground check and they didnt call to find out what happen it must have gotten lost and no one said any thing i had to re do all the paper work cuz it was now a new year and re do my background check and finger prints it took about 2-3 months in total

Interview Questions

• did i have family working for the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

find out the pay befor hand and get it on paper i was told over the phon $10 starting i got $9 starting iv been working for years now inbetween 3-6 years and now just getting $10

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in January 2012.

Interview

Reception of the HR personnel was warm, details offered of the company's focus to see if it aligns with the interviewees then was called in for panel interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Very long process so just be patient

Interview Questions

• Do you play with dolls? lol it is a psychological question!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be flexible to the scheduling!

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark (Kirkland, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

I completed a phone interview and was called back in for a one on one interview. I was told the process would take about 3 weeks for them to do callbacks for a 3rd interview and that they would be in touch. I never received another call from them after that. I wouldn't have accepted the job anyway because they don't offer vacation time until you have been there for 2 years.

Ssecurity Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

guardsmark won't tell you how they really treat there employees.
    they will lead you you to think there are advancement potential opportunities and there isn't.

Interview Questions

• there were none. just a 300 question booklet to complete, which just asked the same questions over just different ways.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark (Rochester, NY).

Interview

An extensive background check was conducted after submitting a lengthy application. The interview consisted of fact checking and discussion of any experience that would have direct bearing on the position to be filled.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical question on character - adherence to policies if no one would know if you violated them in an interaction with a co worker.   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer was made based on the starting wage provided by contract with the client company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Guardsmark (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interview and a week of paper work and since hired, never missed a night.

Interview Questions

• Expectation that I would look for in my potion or potion I'm seeking.   Answer Question