Guardsmark

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.5

Merchandiser Interview

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Guardsmark in January 2012.

video, asked questions, preview of job at a specific location.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in May 2012.

Interview was minimal, a few questions about my background.

Interview Questions
    not definative at all they just told me to come in the following monday to get cpr, aed, and first aid certified. Even at this point i did not know if i had the job.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardsmark in August 2011.

The most paperwork I've ever done to get a job due to the extensive background checks. There's even a quirky personality/psychoanalysis test that's about 150 questions or something. The interviews with Guardsmark are pretty short and straightforward. Since they've already done a background check and all that, if they call you in for an interview you're probably golden as long as you don't do or say something offensive or illegal during the interview. Client interviews are separate; although they're rare, they can happen, and those interviews are usually for the high-class, posh jobs. Clients are usually very understanding and as willing to work with the needs of Guardsmark and its employees as Guardsmark is with clients but some clients (particularly the ones that have their own interview process) can also be eccentric, paranoid, fickle, or just picky.

Interview Questions
    • There was once a client who asked me what plans I had for the future. Not a weird question per se, but the answer the client sought was different than what I had imagined. I like to answer this type of question with something that shows I have a drive to improve myself and a marked interest in looking at the bigger picture. Real ambition.   View Answers (2)
    Pay varies by which site you are posted at, but you can opt to be a "floater" which has a set pay rate. Floaters are trained at several different sites and in a town with many clients, there's good money in it, as you fill time slots when guards are absent due to emergencies and such.

Security Guard Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark.

The interview was a breeze, but the hiring process took 28+ hours

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardsmark.

I was already an employee with Guardsmark, this was supposedly a promotion. I interviewed with a manager and received an offer the same day. I started in the new posiiton within one week. I didnt get my correct payor title for another 3 months though.

There was no negotiations. Pay was 45k.

Security Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark in July 2009.

The interview was a fairly easy process. It consisted of the application, personality test, mental health questionnaire, and then a 1 on 1 interview with both the HR specialist, and the branch manager. Then they offer conditional employment (probationary period).

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardsmark in March 2008.

applied on line. they called me back a day later. I went down to the officer. they asked me the basic questions like what would you do in a frustraing situation. I told them what they wanted to hear. They were all nice but I never got a call back. I liked what they had to offer.

Site Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark in June 2009.

At first, I called the company in reference to an ad I saw in the paper stating that positions were available between $11-14 per hour. I was told I would have to come into the office and fill out an application. I did so a few days later. I dressed up in a suit and tie, came with my credentials ready, and when the HR rep noticed that I had a Bachelor's degree, her eyes lit up. I spoke with the branch manager about a position (where I still work now) and was essentially offered a job right then and there which was contingent upon passing an irregular client interview. The process was very easy and I did not spend more than 3-4 hours at the office. Considering I basically walked away with a job, that was not too bad!

Interview Questions
    • In your mind, what do you feel qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardsmark in August 2013.

Overall the Interview was very relaxed and more of a conversation to get to know my overall personality.

Questions just covered my previous jobs held as well as my abilities and availability.

Interview Questions
    • There was a multiple choice personality test that asked some questions that might be viewed as inappropriate. An form agreeing to take the test was required to be signed before hand. This test is required to be taken by anyone wishing to be employed by Guardsmark.   Answer Question
    Negotiation on salary was not optional. Pay was set at a contracted amount based on the customer location.

Security Officer/Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark in September 2014.

Went in to fill out an application, the first application wasn't that long. The usual questions were asked considering this is a security position. The first interview was short and the woman I spoke to was very polite and was straight to the point. The second application is a booklet that takes a very long time to fill out, be prepared to provide all of your siblings information I.E. address and phone numbers. Also be prepared with 4 neighborhood references that aren't in the same house or related in any way to you and 4 professional references as well.

Interview Questions
    The offer is flat out not really a lot of room to negotiate unless you have prior experience in this field specifically. Around $10 to start out