Guardsmark

Updated Mar 30, 2014

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews

York, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in April 2012.

Interview Details – Was asked when I could start so, I started.

Interview Question – Wasn't really asked any questions except on the application which was a 3 day event.   Answer Question

Sharonville, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardsmark in December 2009.

Interview Details – it's very simple. have to take a test to get your guard card but its very simple, all common sense.

Interview Question – typically interview questions.   Answer Question

First Shift Supervisor Interview

First Shift Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in February 2013.

Interview Details – not too professional

Interview Question – none were difficult for me   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation were needed

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardsmark in August 2013.

Interview Details – Overall the Interview was very relaxed and more of a conversation to get to know my overall personality.

Questions just covered my previous jobs held as well as my abilities and availability.

Interview Question – There was a multiple choice personality test that asked some questions that might be viewed as inappropriate. An form agreeing to take the test was required to be signed before hand. This test is required to be taken by anyone wishing to be employed by Guardsmark.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation on salary was not optional. Pay was set at a contracted amount based on the customer location.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in May 2008.

Interview Details – Joined a meeting at the end of the day to discuss the possibility of moving into a promotion. Two days later did the initial interview for the promotion. The following day was offered the promotion and accepted with no negotiation. The people were interested in moving quickly.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as it was a contracted position with defined allocated dollars.

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in April 2013.

Interview Details – The actual interview process was relatively simple. I only had one interview with the branch manager and was offered a position on the spot. The job application process, however, was incredibly thorough. The amount of paperwork was tremendous. The long-form application was longer and more in-depth than the paperwork I had to complete to obtain a security clearance for the military. References, police records checks, etc... everything was very drawn out and took almost two weeks to complete.

Interview Question – The interview was relatively informal. With my previous experience, I simply had to explain why I was going from an elevated position to a part-time officer position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was offered an hourly wage and accepted.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Human Resources Specialist
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview Details – I was already an employee with Guardsmark, this was supposedly a promotion. I interviewed with a manager and received an offer the same day. I started in the new posiiton within one week. I didnt get my correct payor title for another 3 months though.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations. Pay was 45k.

Security Interview

Security

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in July 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was a fairly easy process. It consisted of the application, personality test, mental health questionnaire, and then a 1 on 1 interview with both the HR specialist, and the branch manager. Then they offer conditional employment (probationary period).

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Guard Interview

Guard
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardsmark in March 2008.

Interview Details – applied on line. they called me back a day later. I went down to the officer. they asked me the basic questions like what would you do in a frustraing situation. I told them what they wanted to hear. They were all nice but I never got a call back. I liked what they had to offer.

Interview Question – what do you like about yourself?   View Answer

Site Supervisor Interview

Site Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in June 2009.

Interview Details – At first, I called the company in reference to an ad I saw in the paper stating that positions were available between $11-14 per hour. I was told I would have to come into the office and fill out an application. I did so a few days later. I dressed up in a suit and tie, came with my credentials ready, and when the HR rep noticed that I had a Bachelor's degree, her eyes lit up. I spoke with the branch manager about a position (where I still work now) and was essentially offered a job right then and there which was contingent upon passing an irregular client interview. The process was very easy and I did not spend more than 3-4 hours at the office. Considering I basically walked away with a job, that was not too bad!

Interview Question – In your mind, what do you feel qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question

Worked for Guardsmark? Contribute to the Community!