Guardsmark Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.6

First Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark in February 2013.

Interview

not too professional

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation were needed

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark (Memphis, TN) in October 2009.

Interview

Guardsmark spent nearly two weeks with the hiring process. I arrived and was given a "pre-interview" application that was about 2 pages. Filled it out then spoke with the HR guy. I guess that was the interview because there never was anything like an official interview after that. After than I filled out the FOURTY page application that required 8 references and job and address history for the last 10 years. Later I took a polygraph test which was pretty much a "did you lie on your application" type questions. Then I also did the 500+ question personality test. Eventually I had to watch about 4 hours worth of "Training films" which were filled with common sense question. Photographs and uniforms came later. Nearly two weeks after I applied I was given a post assignment. All in all the process could have been done in 2-3 days but they can not organize anything at the office and everything takes forever.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview-type questions. Just a review of the application.   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark (Sterling Heights, MI) in June 2009.

Interview

Pretty short process, longest part was the book of an application.

Applied at main office one day and was told there was nothing available. Got a call the next morning as my resume was passed on and went for interview on the following Monday. started work the next week.

Negotiation

What negotiation? There was none. Number one sign you may be headed to the wrong job!

Merchandiser Interview

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Guardsmark in January 2012.

Interview

video, asked questions, preview of job at a specific location.

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview was minimal, a few questions about my background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not definative at all they just told me to come in the following monday to get cpr, aed, and first aid certified. Even at this point i did not know if i had the job.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardsmark (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2011.

Interview

The most paperwork I've ever done to get a job due to the extensive background checks. There's even a quirky personality/psychoanalysis test that's about 150 questions or something. The interviews with Guardsmark are pretty short and straightforward. Since they've already done a background check and all that, if they call you in for an interview you're probably golden as long as you don't do or say something offensive or illegal during the interview. Client interviews are separate; although they're rare, they can happen, and those interviews are usually for the high-class, posh jobs. Clients are usually very understanding and as willing to work with the needs of Guardsmark and its employees as Guardsmark is with clients but some clients (particularly the ones that have their own interview process) can also be eccentric, paranoid, fickle, or just picky.

Interview Questions

• There was once a client who asked me what plans I had for the future. Not a weird question per se, but the answer the client sought was different than what I had imagined. I like to answer this type of question with something that shows I have a drive to improve myself and a marked interest in looking at the bigger picture. Real ambition.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Pay varies by which site you are posted at, but you can opt to be a "floater" which has a set pay rate. Floaters are trained at several different sites and in a town with many clients, there's good money in it, as you fill time slots when guards are absent due to emergencies and such.

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

The interview was a breeze, but the hiring process took 28+ hours

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardsmark (New York, NY).

Interview

I was already an employee with Guardsmark, this was supposedly a promotion. I interviewed with a manager and received an offer the same day. I started in the new posiiton within one week. I didnt get my correct payor title for another 3 months though.

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. Pay was 45k.

Security Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark in July 2009.

Interview

The interview was a fairly easy process. It consisted of the application, personality test, mental health questionnaire, and then a 1 on 1 interview with both the HR specialist, and the branch manager. Then they offer conditional employment (probationary period).

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardsmark (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2008.

Interview

applied on line. they called me back a day later. I went down to the officer. they asked me the basic questions like what would you do in a frustraing situation. I told them what they wanted to hear. They were all nice but I never got a call back. I liked what they had to offer.

Interview Questions

• what do you like about yourself?   1 Answer