Guardsmark Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Long and very informative but not about u or the job mainly the lies they feed you to get u in the door. First off not the most trustworthy person, they ask u real personal stuff like "do u like to have sex"? How often do u have sex etc....They are in fact so personal it makes u question them and there motives

Interview Questions

• none they don't ask u anything, but why do by want to leave your current employer, and then they go into making this job look AWESOME... which it's definitely NOT   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Bay City, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

Took home a video took a test returned the finished test and turned in filled out w2 and other paperwork. Within two business days was called to start training at location.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing you are looking for working with this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Clark, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

Long process, multiple references needed and papers to get notarized. Hours of training videos and paperwork. About a three day process. Any gaps in work history must be explained and may also require notarization. Some positions may require a security clearance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, take it or leave it.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a bit long. A total of 3 separate interviews with 3 different levels of management. The final step is an assessment with a psychologist. A bit of a long and drawn out process. But not difficult.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position? What are some of your strengths? Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

After 7 months of intense face-to-face and phone interviews....11 interviews, one drug test, one lie-detector test...they put a hiring freeze into effect. Interviewed with two hiring managers, all of the owners of the company (via phone) and constant calls for interviews with no notice...the job was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• Many tests and questions from managers and staff doctors.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

Met with the branch manager, he had a few questions but mostly wanted to review the qualifications I had listed on my resume. Seemed relatively simple... ultimately I withdrew my candidacy as the job seemed really boring. Also.. accruing 1 week of vacation for your first couple years is a terrible policy.

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Guardsmark in January 2015.

Interview

Not recommend to anone but it was as bad as i thought it was going to be but i still took the job so im not sure on why im still complaning

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry guest   1 Answer

Negotiation

Great bot bad

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark (Farmington Hills, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

The first day was meant to be simply dropping off a resume. Once the HR guy looked over my resume, he had me fill out a job application. I was called a few days later for an interview. Pretty general interview to say the least. Next step was taking a psychological examination which consisted of over 300 questions asking me things such as "Have you thought of killing yourself (at least 10 times), do you hear voices in your head, do you think people are following you, have you tried to commit suicide"... I never found out the results but I assumed that i "passed". After that I had to get a drug test and get finger printed by the local PD. Once the results from the test came back I was called in for the training which consisted of watching multiple videos about how to do the job according to the company. A few days later I received my uniforms and conducted training at my job sight.

Negotiation

N/A

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

The hiring process is the most ridiculous procedure anyone will ever endure. Having been former member of the US intelligence service, the Guardsmark is much more painful. If you are considering filling in the application process you must verify your life back to age 18 - employment, neighbors, residences, everything. Then they ask you more questions on your medical history. Not just a few but pages and pages and pages of probing and personal questions. YOu don't have to fill these out until they say they are going to hire you, so they dance around that HR issue. If you haven't gone home yet they let you answer a 500+ personality test - "When you beat your husband do you like it or just enjoy it?" Not really but it seems like it. This is a great company if it was 1985. Paperwork by the Redwood forest and corporate HQ must review and accept everything. If you doubt how backward this company is just go check out their web site: www.guardsmark.com Your impression of the web site is exactly what the company is - stuck in the 1980's.

Interview Questions

• The whole process but especially the multi-page medical questionnaire and the 500+ plus personality profile   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guardsmark in July 2014.

Interview

The interview is ridiculous. I wish I had read reviews here on Glassdoor before showing myself at the first interview. Apparently they liked what they saw so I was invited for a second interview. What a disappointment . 567 questionnaire and some of the most intrusive questions about my life. I hate the company before I even start working.

Interview Questions

• Asking me to provide a list of prescription medications I take is not acceptable.   Answer Question

I will not subject myself to a company that I intuitively suspect is abusive and unfair in its operations. I can find better employment elsewhere.