Guardsmark Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.5

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Guardsmark (Biloxi, MS) in September 2010.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. I was called back multiple times and had to interview with everybody and their brother before I was hired. I had almost given up on getting the job. I had to take an IQ test and a polygraph test.

Negotiation

I was romanced and then was never given what I was promised.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Guardsmark (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was initially contacted by the relational manager by phone and asked to come fill out an application after I submitted my resume through Indeed. I came in and my first initial idea of the place was that it was swamped with lots of work and the manager I met seemed to lack the interpersonal skills of someone who would come off friendly. The office seemed small and somewhat cluttered and I was brought into the managers office. I was then asked a serious of questions and told about the situation and the job specific site. I was confident in my ability that I could handle the problems they faced and met with the main manager. He seemed like a great guy very relational, knowledgeable, and hard working after we chatted I began filling out a long serious of sheets that was the application. It included where I have lived and worked the last 7 years and six mandatory references I had to fill out so I complied. After that I was instructed to fill out a 300 question long personality test and then I was sent to the job specific site to interview with the manager of the account. I arrived and met the supervisor of the site who was very awkward in conversation and ungraceful in his questions he asked me. The account manager who was tall and poised was a relief to me that there was someone competent there. He asked me a serious of questions and we concluded.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I knew what I was getting at the time and was content with it.

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark in January 2015.

Interview

Not recommend to anone but it was as bad as i thought it was going to be but i still took the job so im not sure on why im still complaning

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry guest   1 Answer

Negotiation

Great bot bad

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark (Clark, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

Long process, multiple references needed and papers to get notarized. Hours of training videos and paperwork. About a three day process. Any gaps in work history must be explained and may also require notarization. Some positions may require a security clearance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, take it or leave it.

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oregon, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Guardsmark (Oregon, OH).

Interview

The interview was a surprise after a long night shift for the same company. The interview itself was very unorganized and scenarios asked were unrealistic. Only 2 of us applied for the position and after the other person quit I thought I would get the job. But after about 2 months of being told to hold on and them waiting on a current supervisor I just assume that I'm not getting it. Yet they promoted another to supervisor for a different opening the same day the prior one quit.

Interview Questions

• What if there was a serious problem with one of your employees and you told me (the site manager) and I refused to do anything about it?   1 Answer

Security Officer/Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

It was perhaps the easiest interview I've ever sat in. They asked a few questions regarding attentiveness and problem solving, but they acted like I already had the job just by my walking in. It wasn't even just the fact that I had an employee referral. I legitimately think they will hire anyone who doesn't have a criminal background and can pass a drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark (Cleveland, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

The actual interview process was relatively simple. I only had one interview with the branch manager and was offered a position on the spot. The job application process, however, was incredibly thorough. The amount of paperwork was tremendous. The long-form application was longer and more in-depth than the paperwork I had to complete to obtain a security clearance for the military. References, police records checks, etc... everything was very drawn out and took almost two weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• The interview was relatively informal. With my previous experience, I simply had to explain why I was going from an elevated position to a part-time officer position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was offered an hourly wage and accepted.

Security Officer/Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark (Detroit, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Went in to fill out an application, the first application wasn't that long. The usual questions were asked considering this is a security position. The first interview was short and the woman I spoke to was very polite and was straight to the point. The second application is a booklet that takes a very long time to fill out, be prepared to provide all of your siblings information I.E. address and phone numbers. Also be prepared with 4 neighborhood references that aren't in the same house or related in any way to you and 4 professional references as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer is flat out not really a lot of room to negotiate unless you have prior experience in this field specifically. Around $10 to start out

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Guardsmark (Charlotte, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Overall the Interview was very relaxed and more of a conversation to get to know my overall personality.

Questions just covered my previous jobs held as well as my abilities and availability.

Interview Questions

• There was a multiple choice personality test that asked some questions that might be viewed as inappropriate. An form agreeing to take the test was required to be signed before hand. This test is required to be taken by anyone wishing to be employed by Guardsmark.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation on salary was not optional. Pay was set at a contracted amount based on the customer location.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Guardsmark (New York, NY).

Interview

I was already an employee with Guardsmark, this was supposedly a promotion. I interviewed with a manager and received an offer the same day. I started in the new posiiton within one week. I didnt get my correct payor title for another 3 months though.

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. Pay was 45k.