Guardsmark Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.5

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview

First round interview was followed by a 40 page application (people complain about this but I'm not sure why, if you aren't willing to fill out an application then you probably don't want the job that badly), then three followup interviews on-site. There was a personality test that I found to be very interesting! The questions make you think and I had not previously been interviewed in this manner. The amount of interviewing that is conducted is impressive as they seem to screen very thoroughly for a match.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me why I wasn't the captain of an athletic team I participated on in college.   Answer Question

Security Officer/Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark (Detroit, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Went in to fill out an application, the first application wasn't that long. The usual questions were asked considering this is a security position. The first interview was short and the woman I spoke to was very polite and was straight to the point. The second application is a booklet that takes a very long time to fill out, be prepared to provide all of your siblings information I.E. address and phone numbers. Also be prepared with 4 neighborhood references that aren't in the same house or related in any way to you and 4 professional references as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer is flat out not really a lot of room to negotiate unless you have prior experience in this field specifically. Around $10 to start out

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Guardsmark (Biloxi, MS) in September 2010.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. I was called back multiple times and had to interview with everybody and their brother before I was hired. I had almost given up on getting the job. I had to take an IQ test and a polygraph test.

Negotiation

I was romanced and then was never given what I was promised.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Guardsmark (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interview and a week of paper work and since hired, never missed a night.

Interview Questions

• Expectation that I would look for in my potion or potion I'm seeking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Went for two interviews and I was being lied to.Drove an hour and twenty minutes wast of time.

Interview Questions

They would not tell me what was staring pay was and also they would not give me a written job agreement.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark (Orlando, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

13 interviews over 3 months -- still did not get the job. If you are not male, white and have previous law enforcement or FBI experience, do not apply. Everyone told me that I had the job until the CEO review. 13 interviews, psych eval, polygraph, 2 more interviews, medical and credit eval, and 8 references. Extremely invasive and not worth the time or money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Guardsmark (Charlotte, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Overall the Interview was very relaxed and more of a conversation to get to know my overall personality. Questions just covered my previous jobs held as well as my abilities and availability.

Interview Questions

• There was a multiple choice personality test that asked some questions that might be viewed as inappropriate. An form agreeing to take the test was required to be signed before hand. This test is required to be taken by anyone wishing to be employed by Guardsmark.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation on salary was not optional. Pay was set at a contracted amount based on the customer location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark (Rochester, NY).

Interview

An extensive background check was conducted after submitting a lengthy application. The interview consisted of fact checking and discussion of any experience that would have direct bearing on the position to be filled.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical question on character - adherence to policies if no one would know if you violated them in an interaction with a co worker.   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer was made based on the starting wage provided by contract with the client company.

Ssecurity Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

guardsmark won't tell you how they really treat there employees. they will lead you you to think there are advancement potential opportunities and there isn't.

Interview Questions

• there were none. just a 300 question booklet to complete, which just asked the same questions over just different ways.   1 Answer

First Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark in February 2013.

Interview

not too professional

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation were needed