Guardsmark

Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardsmark in August 2011.

The most paperwork I've ever done to get a job due to the extensive background checks. There's even a quirky personality/psychoanalysis test that's about 150 questions or something. The interviews with Guardsmark are pretty short and straightforward. Since they've already done a background check and all that, if they call you in for an interview you're probably golden as long as you don't do or say something offensive or illegal during the interview. Client interviews are separate; although they're rare, they can happen, and those interviews are usually for the high-class, posh jobs. Clients are usually very understanding and as willing to work with the needs of Guardsmark and its employees as Guardsmark is with clients but some clients (particularly the ones that have their own interview process) can also be eccentric, paranoid, fickle, or just picky.

Interview Questions
    • There was once a client who asked me what plans I had for the future. Not a weird question per se, but the answer the client sought was different than what I had imagined. I like to answer this type of question with something that shows I have a drive to improve myself and a marked interest in looking at the bigger picture. Real ambition.   View Answers (2)
    Pay varies by which site you are posted at, but you can opt to be a "floater" which has a set pay rate. Floaters are trained at several different sites and in a town with many clients, there's good money in it, as you fill time slots when guards are absent due to emergencies and such.

Security Guard Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark.

The interview was a breeze, but the hiring process took 28+ hours

Merchandiser Interview

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Guardsmark in January 2012.

video, asked questions, preview of job at a specific location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in October 2009.

Guardsmark spent nearly two weeks with the hiring process. I arrived and was given a "pre-interview" application that was about 2 pages. Filled it out then spoke with the HR guy. I guess that was the interview because there never was anything like an official interview after that. After than I filled out the FOURTY page application that required 8 references and job and address history for the last 10 years. Later I took a polygraph test which was pretty much a "did you lie on your application" type questions. Then I also did the 500+ question personality test. Eventually I had to watch about 4 hours worth of "Training films" which were filled with common sense question. Photographs and uniforms came later. Nearly two weeks after I applied I was given a post assignment. All in all the process could have been done in 2-3 days but they can not organize anything at the office and everything takes forever.

Interview Questions
    • There was no interview-type questions. Just a review of the application.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark in June 2009.

Pretty short process, longest part was the book of an application.

Applied at main office one day and was told there was nothing available. Got a call the next morning as my resume was passed on and went for interview on the following Monday. started work the next week.

What negotiation? There was none. Number one sign you may be headed to the wrong job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark.

Craigslist
    Meet> Application
    half day company training and testing
    Start next day
    Site training half day
    Temp license
    Full license

take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in August 2012.

Interview with HR Manager
    Polygraph exam
    Psychological exam
    Criminal Record Check
    Testing/Exams
    Fingerprinting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in November 2009.

I went in to the Guardsmark main building downtown in person with an application. They contacted me within a week to interview and fill out paperwork for employment. I had to obtain a Private Security License, pass a background check (although I don't think very thorough, I worked with some folks that looked like they straight off the street and took drugs).

Once I got done with that, they sent me to a client facility to work and told me nothing about the job I would be doing. Once I got there the job was an outside post and you would literally guard parked cars all day.

When can you start?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zanesville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zanesville, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in June 2012.

just had to fill out the paperwork. As long as you had no criminal background due to the nature of the job, and they needed guards you was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark in April 2012.

Was asked when I could start so, I started.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really asked any questions except on the application which was a 3 day event.   Answer Question