Guardsmark

Very Difficult Interview

Staff Writer Interview

Staff Writer
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in January 2010.

Interview Details – Went thru an extensive hiring process for a job at their corporate offices in Memphis. I spent a lot of time and money (parking, proper attire as I heard that women can only wear skirts!!!) in hopes of getting the job. I was told about 3 weeks into the process (after I called numerous times for an update) that they decided to hire internally- maybe. They will for sure let me know by the end of the week. They never called. It is a slap in the face to the unemployed to be treated this way. Because of the disrespect I was shown after all the hoops I went thru, I will never apply to this company again. The lie detector tests and extensive personality tests for a staff position are a little ridiculous also.

Interview Question – What does wood and alcohol have in common?   View Answers (15)

Security Interview

Security

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in July 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was a fairly easy process. It consisted of the application, personality test, mental health questionnaire, and then a 1 on 1 interview with both the HR specialist, and the branch manager. Then they offer conditional employment (probationary period).

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Guardsmark in January 2008.

Interview Details – Guardsmark has a slow and thorough process. Several levels of review are required to secure the job and there is very little communication in between time. Local management may like a candidate but lack the authority to execute on the hire which can be frustrating. But after enough time things eventually roll around. Make sure your background is squeaky clean. The drug test is no job, there can be no gaps in your employment and every reference and previous employer will be contacted...not too mention the MMPI.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult client.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Security Guard Interview

Security Guard
Memphis, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in October 2009.

Interview Details – Guardsmark spent nearly two weeks with the hiring process. I arrived and was given a "pre-interview" application that was about 2 pages. Filled it out then spoke with the HR guy. I guess that was the interview because there never was anything like an official interview after that. After than I filled out the FOURTY page application that required 8 references and job and address history for the last 10 years. Later I took a polygraph test which was pretty much a "did you lie on your application" type questions. Then I also did the 500+ question personality test. Eventually I had to watch about 4 hours worth of "Training films" which were filled with common sense question. Photographs and uniforms came later. Nearly two weeks after I applied I was given a post assignment. All in all the process could have been done in 2-3 days but they can not organize anything at the office and everything takes forever.

Interview Question – There was no interview-type questions. Just a review of the application.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in June 2007.

Interview Details – Extremely comprehensive and thorough. Very demanding interviews; at least seven different interviews including psychologist, HR, executive managers, and President of the company

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Salary compensation