Guardsmark

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Guardsmark in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had a total of 3 interview and a week of paper work and since hired, never missed a night.

Interview Question – Expectation that I would look for in my potion or potion I'm seeking.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Stamford, CT

I applied in-person and interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview Details – Went for two interviews and I was being lied to.Drove an hour and twenty minutes wast of time.

Interview Question – starting pay rate   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They would not tell me what was staring pay was and also they would not give me a written job agreement.

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardsmark in August 2013.

Interview Details – Overall the Interview was very relaxed and more of a conversation to get to know my overall personality.

Questions just covered my previous jobs held as well as my abilities and availability.

Interview Question – There was a multiple choice personality test that asked some questions that might be viewed as inappropriate. An form agreeing to take the test was required to be signed before hand. This test is required to be taken by anyone wishing to be employed by Guardsmark.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation on salary was not optional. Pay was set at a contracted amount based on the customer location.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rochester, NY

I applied in-person and interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview Details – An extensive background check was conducted after submitting a lengthy application. The interview consisted of fact checking and discussion of any experience that would have direct bearing on the position to be filled.

Interview Question – Hypothetical question on character - adherence to policies if no one would know if you violated them in an interaction with a co worker.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – An offer was made based on the starting wage provided by contract with the client company.

Interviewed at Guardsmark

Interview Details – The interview process at the time I applied was very detailed and thorough. If you have all your documents with you at the time of the interview, you will be sent out for drug screening and polygraph testing.

Interview Question – There really aren't any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They basically, at that time, let you know what you would be doing, what your salary would be according to what site you are working at, and issue you your uniform.

Sharonville, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Guardsmark in December 2009.

Interview Details – it's very simple. have to take a test to get your guard card but its very simple, all common sense.

Interview Question – typically interview questions.   Answer Question

York, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in April 2012.

Interview Details – Was asked when I could start so, I started.

Interview Question – Wasn't really asked any questions except on the application which was a 3 day event.   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in April 2013.

Interview Details – The actual interview process was relatively simple. I only had one interview with the branch manager and was offered a position on the spot. The job application process, however, was incredibly thorough. The amount of paperwork was tremendous. The long-form application was longer and more in-depth than the paperwork I had to complete to obtain a security clearance for the military. References, police records checks, etc... everything was very drawn out and took almost two weeks to complete.

Interview Question – The interview was relatively informal. With my previous experience, I simply had to explain why I was going from an elevated position to a part-time officer position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was offered an hourly wage and accepted.

Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in November 2009.

Interview Details – I went in to the Guardsmark main building downtown in person with an application. They contacted me within a week to interview and fill out paperwork for employment. I had to obtain a Private Security License, pass a background check (although I don't think very thorough, I worked with some folks that looked like they straight off the street and took drugs).

Once I got done with that, they sent me to a client facility to work and told me nothing about the job I would be doing. Once I got there the job was an outside post and you would literally guard parked cars all day.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When can you start?

Chantilly, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in August 2012.

Interview Details – Interview with HR Manager
Polygraph exam
Psychological exam
Criminal Record Check
Testing/Exams
Fingerprinting

Interview Question – Tell me about your past experiences?   Answer Question

Worked for Guardsmark? Contribute to the Community!