Guardsmark Security Officer Interview Questions

2.0

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark.

Went for two interviews and I was being lied to.Drove an hour and twenty minutes wast of time.

Interview Questions

They would not tell me what was staring pay was and also they would not give me a written job agreement.

Other Interview Reviews for Guardsmark

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark.

An extensive background check was conducted after submitting a lengthy application. The interview consisted of fact checking and discussion of any experience that would have direct bearing on the position to be filled.

Interview Questions
    • Hypothetical question on character - adherence to policies if no one would know if you violated them in an interaction with a co worker.   View Answer
    An offer was made based on the starting wage provided by contract with the client company.

Security Officer Interview

The interview process at the time I applied was very detailed and thorough. If you have all your documents with you at the time of the interview, you will be sent out for drug screening and polygraph testing.

Interview Questions
    They basically, at that time, let you know what you would be doing, what your salary would be according to what site you are working at, and issue you your uniform.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardsmark in August 2013.

Overall the Interview was very relaxed and more of a conversation to get to know my overall personality.

Questions just covered my previous jobs held as well as my abilities and availability.

Interview Questions
    • There was a multiple choice personality test that asked some questions that might be viewed as inappropriate. An form agreeing to take the test was required to be signed before hand. This test is required to be taken by anyone wishing to be employed by Guardsmark.   Answer Question
    Negotiation on salary was not optional. Pay was set at a contracted amount based on the customer location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in April 2013.

The actual interview process was relatively simple. I only had one interview with the branch manager and was offered a position on the spot. The job application process, however, was incredibly thorough. The amount of paperwork was tremendous. The long-form application was longer and more in-depth than the paperwork I had to complete to obtain a security clearance for the military. References, police records checks, etc... everything was very drawn out and took almost two weeks to complete.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was relatively informal. With my previous experience, I simply had to explain why I was going from an elevated position to a part-time officer position.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I was offered an hourly wage and accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Guardsmark in January 2013.

I had a total of 3 interview and a week of paper work and since hired, never missed a night.

Interview Questions
    • Expectation that I would look for in my potion or potion I'm seeking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark.

Very long process so just be patient

Interview Questions
    • Do you play with dolls? lol it is a psychological question!   Answer Question
    Be flexible to the scheduling!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in August 2012.

Interview with HR Manager
    Polygraph exam
    Psychological exam
    Criminal Record Check
    Testing/Exams
    Fingerprinting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark in April 2012.

Was asked when I could start so, I started.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't really asked any questions except on the application which was a 3 day event.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardsmark in August 2011.

The most paperwork I've ever done to get a job due to the extensive background checks. There's even a quirky personality/psychoanalysis test that's about 150 questions or something. The interviews with Guardsmark are pretty short and straightforward. Since they've already done a background check and all that, if they call you in for an interview you're probably golden as long as you don't do or say something offensive or illegal during the interview. Client interviews are separate; although they're rare, they can happen, and those interviews are usually for the high-class, posh jobs. Clients are usually very understanding and as willing to work with the needs of Guardsmark and its employees as Guardsmark is with clients but some clients (particularly the ones that have their own interview process) can also be eccentric, paranoid, fickle, or just picky.

Interview Questions
    • There was once a client who asked me what plans I had for the future. Not a weird question per se, but the answer the client sought was different than what I had imagined. I like to answer this type of question with something that shows I have a drive to improve myself and a marked interest in looking at the bigger picture. Real ambition.   View Answers (2)
    Pay varies by which site you are posted at, but you can opt to be a "floater" which has a set pay rate. Floaters are trained at several different sites and in a town with many clients, there's good money in it, as you fill time slots when guards are absent due to emergencies and such.