Guavus Interview Questions in India

Updated Jul 1, 2014

3.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Test Engineer Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Guavus in October 2012.

Interviews were quite competitive and hiring process is quick . I did not had to wait for responses for long .
    They were prompt after every round of interview . First call from HR was also quite informative.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult questions were the non technical ones , I wasnt able to understand their relevance in a tech company.   Answer Question
    Stick to your figures

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guavus in January 2010.

A series of technical rounds, 4-5 rounds (depends) followed by an HR round. 1 telephonic round initially to filter the candidates. Rest are face to face rounds. The interviewers were friendly and open to answering your doubts clearly. They were more happy to go in-depth on a few problems instead of too many questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected but you should be prepared for data structures and algorithms stuff, comfortable with complexity and ideas to improve them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Guavus in February 2013.

Was hired as Software Engineer by a new VP

Interview Questions
    • All rounds were good and technical and interviewers looked intelligent except VP round ( VP asked, where do you live, family, some annoying family related questions and started conversation in Hindi in a way such that he had made up his mind not to ask a single logical question. Worst interviewer ever I faced. Not enough attequates )   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Guavus in July 2013.

I had 3 technical rounds focussed on Java, DS and algo.
    Questions on tries, cloning link list, bloom filter, thread safe hash map, suffix tree. Some questions on OS involving paging and threading.
    First interviewer had good understanding of programming & OS concept.
    Second interviewer was asking geeksforgeeks questions and was expecting the same answer as on the website. I had a very hard time explaining him my solutions . He could barely understand my projects. Interview went on for one hour and he asked only one question. He could not understand a very simple algorithm that I had used in my solution even though I had even written code for that. Although at a tech lead position he was having difficulty understanding if else conditions.
    Other interviewers were interested mainly in knowing about family background, parents and siblings occupation and not much technical.
    Their office building is pretty bad as compared to other software companies.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Got a Call through a consultancy, interview process was two months lons, interviewers were more interested in what you dont know

Interview Questions
    • they were asking personal questions like what your father and mother do, you brother in law, dunno why such questions are required   View Answer
    HR is a cheat , they will not give you your true worth

Senior Linux Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Guavus in August 2013.

I had a very bad experience with interview process at Guavus
    - HR were not aware of the actual job profile. They called me up for some position which was not matching with my profile. Later they called me up again for another position. Infact they asked me to inquire about the position/profile with the management during interview process.
    - HR were not in sync with Management. They asked me for the interview feedback (like how much time it took, what questions were asked).
    - HR didn't even bother to provide the final result of interviews even after repeated calls. I had to call the respective manager, who took my interview, to get to know the final decision.
    - All interviews could have been done in 1 or 2 days. But yhey stretched interviews over more than 10 days, and that too only when I approached them.

Data Mining Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guavus.

I was approached by the recruitment team @guavus giving me the initial details of the role. Then the discussion proceeded to a telephonic conversation which was more like of getting to know my profile, just basic questions. After the positive feedback , i had 4 F2F interview which were very technically grilling. Overall, if you have worked in the domain guavus is hiring for, the interview wont be an issue.

Interview Questions
    • Few of the programming question/puzzles were tricky. Most of the question originated from the work i did for previous company, so they were easy to handle   Answer Question
    Negotiation experience was positive but again, my demand was also keeping in mind industry standard

Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Guavus in August 2012.

Good:
    Impresed with pre interview discussions & interviwers in 2 inital rounds. It was a mix of technical & managerial questions. HR indicated that 3 round is required and will be done soon.

Bad:
    Never heard back from HR after that. No answer to phone call or email reply. I am disapointed to see this unproessional behaviour. I do assume that postion is closed or filled by someone else. But, HR must inform candidate about the closure of his/her process (+ve or -ve).

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Guavus in October 2011.

based on approach rather than typical questionnaire

Interview Questions
    did not go through at all

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guavus in November 2010.

First round: Purely technical about the Core areas, skill sets, whats new i was learning etc.
    Second round : Technical cum analytical skills
    Third round: Generic overall evaluation, team handling, interest in new stuff, how to handle situation etc.

Interview Questions

Worked for Guavus? Contribute to the Community!