Guavus Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014
16 interviews

3.2

Solutions Architect Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Guavus.

lengthly and protracted interview process, lots of phone screens leading to face to face interviews.
    Interviews themselves were okay and not too difficult. People were friendly, though usually late for the interviews but that was the norm for most people. Good conversations around experience, projects worked on and delivered. typical soft skills related questions

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guavus in January 2014.

Phone interviews. 2 rounds.

On-site interview. Met 4 people.
    1. HR. Introduce the company business.
    2. Some engineer.
    3. Some VP ( couldn't remember exactly the title). Talked about my research and resume.
    4. Lunch.
    5. Some engineer.

I expected to meet the principle data scientist, but I didn't get to see her.

I got the printed out schedule for the interviewers. After two round interviews, the HR thought I was done and was about to let me pack and leave......

It's been 2 months and I didn't get any feedback. Too bad.

Interview Questions
    • Big data related question. Hadoop system. Top K record selection. External merge sort. Very basic JAVA questions: anonymous class. Implement some function.   View Answer

Data Scientist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Guavus.

I applied by email. HR responded that they were "really looking for someone with a very specific background" but kindly __ offered an internship __.

I am a very senior Ph.D. scientist with more than 15 years of industry experience.

How insulting is that?

What does that tell you about the level of hubris in that company and the depth of their disregard for poor job applicants like you?

The sad part: the recruiter was dead serious. She read my resume and her response was not a pre-made template.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guavus in August 2013.

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen was scheduled and at the specified time the recruiter did not call me. I waited about 25 minutes called the recruiter to inquire and he sounded a bit annoyed and made up an excuse about not being able to find my number (which is listed on my resume), then rescheduled later that day. He also flaked on the rescheduled phone interview and didn't call back. I emailed about it and haven't received a response.

All of this has left a terrible impression of the company on me. If you're not interested in interviewing with a candidate you should not contact them for a phone screen and then flake twice. It's completely disrespectful.

Interview Questions
    • no questions because the recruiter couldn't return calls he scheduled   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Guavus in January 2013.

A phone call followed by an onsite interview with 4-5 rounds of interview. The questions are pretty straight forward. I wasn't prepared well for the interview. Its usually pertaining to data structures, optimization techniques and SQL. The engg team in San Mateo is very small and the crux of the work is done in India. The team in San Mateo seems to be doing mostly prototyping work and customer specific feature modification. Didn't get much positive feel from the interview, the hiring manager talked about technical debts issues araised out of rapi prototyping and lots of co-ordination between remote teams as one of the challenges. The workplace felt pretty quiet and laid back for a startup. He also spoke about employee burnouts and tight deadlines.

Senior Test Engineer Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Guavus in October 2012.

Interviews were quite competitive and hiring process is quick . I did not had to wait for responses for long .
    They were prompt after every round of interview . First call from HR was also quite informative.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult questions were the non technical ones , I wasnt able to understand their relevance in a tech company.   Answer Question
    Stick to your figures

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guavus in January 2010.

A series of technical rounds, 4-5 rounds (depends) followed by an HR round. 1 telephonic round initially to filter the candidates. Rest are face to face rounds. The interviewers were friendly and open to answering your doubts clearly. They were more happy to go in-depth on a few problems instead of too many questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected but you should be prepared for data structures and algorithms stuff, comfortable with complexity and ideas to improve them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Guavus in February 2013.

Was hired as Software Engineer by a new VP

Interview Questions
    • All rounds were good and technical and interviewers looked intelligent except VP round ( VP asked, where do you live, family, some annoying family related questions and started conversation in Hindi in a way such that he had made up his mind not to ask a single logical question. Worst interviewer ever I faced. Not enough attequates )   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Guavus in July 2013.

I had 3 technical rounds focussed on Java, DS and algo.
    Questions on tries, cloning link list, bloom filter, thread safe hash map, suffix tree. Some questions on OS involving paging and threading.
    First interviewer had good understanding of programming & OS concept.
    Second interviewer was asking geeksforgeeks questions and was expecting the same answer as on the website. I had a very hard time explaining him my solutions . He could barely understand my projects. Interview went on for one hour and he asked only one question. He could not understand a very simple algorithm that I had used in my solution even though I had even written code for that. Although at a tech lead position he was having difficulty understanding if else conditions.
    Other interviewers were interested mainly in knowing about family background, parents and siblings occupation and not much technical.
    Their office building is pretty bad as compared to other software companies.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Got a Call through a consultancy, interview process was two months lons, interviewers were more interested in what you dont know

Interview Questions
    • they were asking personal questions like what your father and mother do, you brother in law, dunno why such questions are required   View Answer
    HR is a cheat , they will not give you your true worth

Worked for Guavus? Contribute to the Community!