Guavus Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2015

3.3

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Guavus.

Interview

lengthly and protracted interview process, lots of phone screens leading to face to face interviews.
    Interviews themselves were okay and not too difficult. People were friendly, though usually late for the interviews but that was the norm for most people. Good conversations around experience, projects worked on and delivered. typical soft skills related questions

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Guavus.

Interview

I applied by email. HR responded that they were "really looking for someone with a very specific background" but kindly __ offered an internship __.

I am a very senior Ph.D. scientist with more than 15 years of industry experience.

How insulting is that?

What does that tell you about the level of hubris in that company and the depth of their disregard for poor job applicants like you?

The sad part: the recruiter was dead serious. She read my resume and her response was not a pre-made template.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guavus (Foster City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interviews. 2 rounds.

On-site interview. Met 4 people.
    1. HR. Introduce the company business.
    2. Some engineer.
    3. Some VP ( couldn't remember exactly the title). Talked about my research and resume.
    4. Lunch.
    5. Some engineer.

I expected to meet the principle data scientist, but I didn't get to see her.

I got the printed out schedule for the interviewers. After two round interviews, the HR thought I was done and was about to let me pack and leave......

It's been 2 months and I didn't get any feedback. Too bad.

Interview Questions

• Big data related question. Hadoop system. Top K record selection. External merge sort. Very basic JAVA questions: anonymous class. Implement some function.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guavus (San Mateo, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen was scheduled and at the specified time the recruiter did not call me. I waited about 25 minutes called the recruiter to inquire and he sounded a bit annoyed and made up an excuse about not being able to find my number (which is listed on my resume), then rescheduled later that day. He also flaked on the rescheduled phone interview and didn't call back. I emailed about it and haven't received a response.

All of this has left a terrible impression of the company on me. If you're not interested in interviewing with a candidate you should not contact them for a phone screen and then flake twice. It's completely disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• no questions because the recruiter couldn't return calls he scheduled   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guavus (San Mateo, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

A phone call followed by an onsite interview with 4-5 rounds of interview. The questions are pretty straight forward. I wasn't prepared well for the interview. Its usually pertaining to data structures, optimization techniques and SQL. The engg team in San Mateo is very small and the crux of the work is done in India. The team in San Mateo seems to be doing mostly prototyping work and customer specific feature modification. Didn't get much positive feel from the interview, the hiring manager talked about technical debts issues araised out of rapi prototyping and lots of co-ordination between remote teams as one of the challenges. The workplace felt pretty quiet and laid back for a startup. He also spoke about employee burnouts and tight deadlines.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guavus.

Interview

they scan the resume, call for the first round of interview. If first round is cleared then they call for the second round of interview. And then happens the HR round.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got a Call through a consultancy, interview process was two months lons, interviewers were more interested in what you dont know

Interview Questions

• they were asking personal questions like what your father and mother do, you brother in law, dunno why such questions are required   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR is a cheat , they will not give you your true worth

Senior Linux Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Guavus (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

I had a very bad experience with interview process at Guavus
    - HR were not aware of the actual job profile. They called me up for some position which was not matching with my profile. Later they called me up again for another position. Infact they asked me to inquire about the position/profile with the management during interview process.
    - HR were not in sync with Management. They asked me for the interview feedback (like how much time it took, what questions were asked).
    - HR didn't even bother to provide the final result of interviews even after repeated calls. I had to call the respective manager, who took my interview, to get to know the final decision.
    - All interviews could have been done in 1 or 2 days. But yhey stretched interviews over more than 10 days, and that too only when I approached them.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guavus (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

I had 3 technical rounds focussed on Java, DS and algo.
    Questions on tries, cloning link list, bloom filter, thread safe hash map, suffix tree. Some questions on OS involving paging and threading.
    First interviewer had good understanding of programming & OS concept.
    Second interviewer was asking geeksforgeeks questions and was expecting the same answer as on the website. I had a very hard time explaining him my solutions . He could barely understand my projects. Interview went on for one hour and he asked only one question. He could not understand a very simple algorithm that I had used in my solution even though I had even written code for that. Although at a tech lead position he was having difficulty understanding if else conditions.
    Other interviewers were interested mainly in knowing about family background, parents and siblings occupation and not much technical.
    Their office building is pretty bad as compared to other software companies.

Data Mining Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guavus (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

I was approached by the recruitment team @guavus giving me the initial details of the role. Then the discussion proceeded to a telephonic conversation which was more like of getting to know my profile, just basic questions. After the positive feedback , i had 4 F2F interview which were very technically grilling. Overall, if you have worked in the domain guavus is hiring for, the interview wont be an issue.

Interview Questions

• Few of the programming question/puzzles were tricky. Most of the question originated from the work i did for previous company, so they were easy to handle   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation experience was positive but again, my demand was also keeping in mind industry standard