Guavus

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Scientist Interview

Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guavus in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interviews. 2 rounds.

On-site interview. Met 4 people.
1. HR. Introduce the company business.
2. Some engineer.
3. Some VP ( couldn't remember exactly the title). Talked about my research and resume.
4. Lunch.
5. Some engineer.

I expected to meet the principle data scientist, but I didn't get to see her.

I got the printed out schedule for the interviewers. After two round interviews, the HR thought I was done and was about to let me pack and leave......

It's been 2 months and I didn't get any feedback. Too bad.

Interview Question – Big data related question. Hadoop system. Top K record selection. External merge sort. Very basic JAVA questions: anonymous class. Implement some function.   View Answer

Data Scientist Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Guavus.

Interview Details – I applied by email. HR responded that they were "really looking for someone with a very specific background" but kindly __ offered an internship __.

I am a very senior Ph.D. scientist with more than 15 years of industry experience.

How insulting is that?

What does that tell you about the level of hubris in that company and the depth of their disregard for poor job applicants like you?

The sad part: the recruiter was dead serious. She read my resume and her response was not a pre-made template.

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guavus in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen was scheduled and at the specified time the recruiter did not call me. I waited about 25 minutes called the recruiter to inquire and he sounded a bit annoyed and made up an excuse about not being able to find my number (which is listed on my resume), then rescheduled later that day. He also flaked on the rescheduled phone interview and didn't call back. I emailed about it and haven't received a response.

All of this has left a terrible impression of the company on me. If you're not interested in interviewing with a candidate you should not contact them for a phone screen and then flake twice. It's completely disrespectful.

Interview Question – no questions because the recruiter couldn't return calls he scheduled   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Guavus in January 2013.

Interview Details – A phone call followed by an onsite interview with 4-5 rounds of interview. The questions are pretty straight forward. I wasn't prepared well for the interview. Its usually pertaining to data structures, optimization techniques and SQL. The engg team in San Mateo is very small and the crux of the work is done in India. The team in San Mateo seems to be doing mostly prototyping work and customer specific feature modification. Didn't get much positive feel from the interview, the hiring manager talked about technical debts issues araised out of rapi prototyping and lots of co-ordination between remote teams as one of the challenges. The workplace felt pretty quiet and laid back for a startup. He also spoke about employee burnouts and tight deadlines.

Interview Question – Trees and Graph theory   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guavus in January 2010.

Interview Details – A series of technical rounds, 4-5 rounds (depends) followed by an HR round. 1 telephonic round initially to filter the candidates. Rest are face to face rounds. The interviewers were friendly and open to answering your doubts clearly. They were more happy to go in-depth on a few problems instead of too many questions.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected but you should be prepared for data structures and algorithms stuff, comfortable with complexity and ideas to improve them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Guavus in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was hired as Software Engineer by a new VP

Interview Question – All rounds were good and technical and interviewers looked intelligent except VP round ( VP asked, where do you live, family, some annoying family related questions and started conversation in Hindi in a way such that he had made up his mind not to ask a single logical question. Worst interviewer ever I faced. Not enough attequates )   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Guavus in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had 3 technical rounds focussed on Java, DS and algo.
Questions on tries, cloning link list, bloom filter, thread safe hash map, suffix tree. Some questions on OS involving paging and threading.
First interviewer had good understanding of programming & OS concept.
Second interviewer was asking geeksforgeeks questions and was expecting the same answer as on the website. I had a very hard time explaining him my solutions . He could barely understand my projects. Interview went on for one hour and he asked only one question. He could not understand a very simple algorithm that I had used in my solution even though I had even written code for that. Although at a tech lead position he was having difficulty understanding if else conditions.
Other interviewers were interested mainly in knowing about family background, parents and siblings occupation and not much technical.
Their office building is pretty bad as compared to other software companies.

Interview Question – using bloom filter as hash map   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Guavus

Interview Details – Got a Call through a consultancy, interview process was two months lons, interviewers were more interested in what you dont know

Interview Question – they were asking personal questions like what your father and mother do, you brother in law, dunno why such questions are required   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR is a cheat , they will not give you your true worth

Senior Linux Administrator Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Guavus in August 2013.

Interview Details – I had a very bad experience with interview process at Guavus
- HR were not aware of the actual job profile. They called me up for some position which was not matching with my profile. Later they called me up again for another position. Infact they asked me to inquire about the position/profile with the management during interview process.
- HR were not in sync with Management. They asked me for the interview feedback (like how much time it took, what questions were asked).
- HR didn't even bother to provide the final result of interviews even after repeated calls. I had to call the respective manager, who took my interview, to get to know the final decision.
- All interviews could have been done in 1 or 2 days. But yhey stretched interviews over more than 10 days, and that too only when I approached them.

Data Mining Team Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guavus.

Interview Details – I was approached by the recruitment team @guavus giving me the initial details of the role. Then the discussion proceeded to a telephonic conversation which was more like of getting to know my profile, just basic questions. After the positive feedback , i had 4 F2F interview which were very technically grilling. Overall, if you have worked in the domain guavus is hiring for, the interview wont be an issue.

Interview Question – Few of the programming question/puzzles were tricky. Most of the question originated from the work i did for previous company, so they were easy to handle   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation experience was positive but again, my demand was also keeping in mind industry standard

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Guavus? Contribute to the Community!

Guavus Videos

Guavus – Why Work for Us?

Providing dynamic solutions for data-rich businesses, so you can gain a competitive advantage in creating more meaningful customer experiences Every moment is an opportunity. The chance to become a better… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guavus interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Guavus employees and interview candidates.