Guavus

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guavus in January 2010.

Interview Details – A series of technical rounds, 4-5 rounds (depends) followed by an HR round. 1 telephonic round initially to filter the candidates. Rest are face to face rounds. The interviewers were friendly and open to answering your doubts clearly. They were more happy to go in-depth on a few problems instead of too many questions.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected but you should be prepared for data structures and algorithms stuff, comfortable with complexity and ideas to improve them.   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Guavus in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had 3 technical rounds focussed on Java, DS and algo.
Questions on tries, cloning link list, bloom filter, thread safe hash map, suffix tree. Some questions on OS involving paging and threading.
First interviewer had good understanding of programming & OS concept.
Second interviewer was asking geeksforgeeks questions and was expecting the same answer as on the website. I had a very hard time explaining him my solutions . He could barely understand my projects. Interview went on for one hour and he asked only one question. He could not understand a very simple algorithm that I had used in my solution even though I had even written code for that. Although at a tech lead position he was having difficulty understanding if else conditions.
Other interviewers were interested mainly in knowing about family background, parents and siblings occupation and not much technical.
Their office building is pretty bad as compared to other software companies.

Interview Question – using bloom filter as hash map   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Guavus.

Interview Details – Since it was data mining team, lot was asked about machine learning. Additionally they asked about algorithms, data structures and probability puzzles. Focus on trees and graphs. There were 2 face to face interviews, which were pretty relaxed. They are a bunch of smart people making the right hiring decisions.

Interview Question – The gift tag problem, what is the probability that last person gets his own gift?   Answer Question

Worked for Guavus? Contribute to the Community!