Guavus Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2014

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guavus in January 2010.

A series of technical rounds, 4-5 rounds (depends) followed by an HR round. 1 telephonic round initially to filter the candidates. Rest are face to face rounds. The interviewers were friendly and open to answering your doubts clearly. They were more happy to go in-depth on a few problems instead of too many questions.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected but you should be prepared for data structures and algorithms stuff, comfortable with complexity and ideas to improve them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Guavus

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Guavus in July 2013.

I had 3 technical rounds focussed on Java, DS and algo.
    Questions on tries, cloning link list, bloom filter, thread safe hash map, suffix tree. Some questions on OS involving paging and threading.
    First interviewer had good understanding of programming & OS concept.
    Second interviewer was asking geeksforgeeks questions and was expecting the same answer as on the website. I had a very hard time explaining him my solutions . He could barely understand my projects. Interview went on for one hour and he asked only one question. He could not understand a very simple algorithm that I had used in my solution even though I had even written code for that. Although at a tech lead position he was having difficulty understanding if else conditions.
    Other interviewers were interested mainly in knowing about family background, parents and siblings occupation and not much technical.
    Their office building is pretty bad as compared to other software companies.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Guavus.

Since it was data mining team, lot was asked about machine learning. Additionally they asked about algorithms, data structures and probability puzzles. Focus on trees and graphs. There were 2 face to face interviews, which were pretty relaxed. They are a bunch of smart people making the right hiring decisions.

Interview Questions
    • The gift tag problem, what is the probability that last person gets his own gift?   Answer Question

Worked for Guavus? Contribute to the Community!