Guckenheimer

Updated Feb 8, 2015

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Guckenheimer

Catering Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guckenheimer.

I applied online, communicated online, interviewed a different location than I was supposed to work at by a different manager. The job was offered via online letter with a time and place to show up and work after the drug test and background check cleared. I showed up, waited in the office for the manager to show up for two hours, and got sent home because she was confused as to my status. Was called back in when she finally figured it out. I should have not returned, in hindsight, Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • None. They don't seem to care how much skill/education/experience someone has.   View Answer
    Long. There was no negotiation as far as wage.

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guckenheimer in July 2014.

Interviewed by Area Manager Debbie Castro and Regional Chef Pete Rukule. Had a working interview at their Google account. Had to prepare two dishes of my choice with what was available in the kitchen and present to the Regional "chef". Ended up not being offered the sous position supposedly because my dishes weren't considered up to their quality of a sous chef. Accepted the position anyways for the hours, but after a year of making uninspired food, left and returned to the restaurant world, and for more money too

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions about why I was applying and what I was looking to do at Guckenheimer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. You apply for a position, have an interview, then a working interview, do the background/drug test thing, and then you are offered a position VIA EMAIL!

Food Service Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Guckenheimer.

Recruiter contacted me for a phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes then scheduled me to meet with Area Manager in person the following day. Most questions on both interviews dealt with being able to manage finances and meet budget expectations. Lots of questions also dealing with client relationship and ways to achieve a satisfied client.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss how you handle an adversarial relationship with a client contact that seemingly cannot be pleased. Were you able to turn that relationship around? How?   Answer Question
    Offer was made via emailed letter.

Food Service Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guckenheimer.

Submitted resume and application online. Received a phone call and interview a couple of weeks later. Scheduled a meeting with area manager and came in for 1 on 1 interview with them and their boss. Also took personality and IQ test. Also completed paperwork for background and drug screening. Got a call about 2 weeks later with a verbal offer. Later I was mailed an official offer with a start date and time.

Interview Questions
    • What do you dislike about your previous employer.   View Answer
    Very easy, they made an offer that was in line with my career field that was very competitive to other companies

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guckenheimer in August 2010.

very through, interviewed with hiring manager, Controller, CFO, CEO, COO.

Interview Questions
    Simple. Hiring manger was not very knowledgable about company benefits, misquoted vacation and holiday amounts.

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guckenheimer in November 2011.

fill out an application someone will call you