Guerrilla Games

Updated Apr 22, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Guerrilla Games

Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guerrilla Games.

they flew me to amsterdam, was interviewed by a bunch of different people in a room, one or two at a time. HR Manager, Recruiter, Artists, Producer, and then the two art directors. was shown the facility, people were mostly friendly. was able to see the progress of the game they work on, had lunch with the hr manager(at guerrilla site, no outside lunch)

Interview Questions
    • One of the producers made me do two mathematical tests on spot with no warning beforehand to check on my problem solving skills and logic.   Answer Question
    there was none

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Not that technical, no test. More focused on experience and any tech specialties. Also looking for a personality fit, any shared development experiences, someone who appreciates the Amsterdam lifestyle. The salary was lower than expected relative to the UK or US but it's worthwhile for the experience gained and mainland Europe culture.

Game Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guerrilla Games in November 2010.

Was contacted via Linkedin after my last company shutdown. Had a hour-long phone screener with their recruiter, a pleasant enough Brit, who spent a large amount of time spruiking the overall package for relocation, housing and tax benefits and generous bonuses without ever talking about salary numbers, apart from my expectations. He sold me on the idea of working for them and Amsterdam in general.
    Went well enough and had to wait until the lead in my department was available (I later found out I would have been replacing him, more or less). The recruiter kept in touch and after a few weeks when the lead was free, he asked for a small test. I did this only to be told the lead wasn't interested in speaking to me based on the fact I hadn't done first person shooter games.

Interview Questions

Worked for Guerrilla Games? Contribute to the Community!