Guess?

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details – All candidates must go through two interviews, with two different managers. There are no concrete requirements for employment, such as experience or education.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of this job was trying to attain sales goals and tasks that were unattainable, and having that used as leverage to not be promoted.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details – I applied within the store the manager happened to be there and she took my application; by the time I made it to my car she called to set up an interview which was about a week later. The interview was a small group interview of 6 six people, it was very short and laid back. I heard back from them within a week with an offer.

Interview Question – all of the questions were pretty basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was actually the toughest part because pay is ALWAYS negotiable even if they tell you it's not, IT IS never take the first offer. It took about an hour to reach an agreement but finally we did.

Dawsonville, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Guess? in January 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview for associates. Scoping the selling techniques, fashion styling ability, personal style, and the person's ability to socialize and interact as well as how to follow directions in a timely matter.

Interview Question – Sell me this highlighter!   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in October 2010.

Interview Details – Since I was recruited, the interview process wasn't bad.

I first met with the store's manager had a 15 min interview, then was told about the company and the responsibilities of the position. A couple days later I met with the district manager, we had an hour long interview in a casual setting. The next day I got a call back saying that they were going to move forward with me in the position, and that they needed to conduct a background check. Once the background check was cleared, they made me an offer that I signed and agreed upon.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working for a store/company you've never shopped at before? And do you feel it will give you a disadvantage in working here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There weren't any negotiations

Orland Park, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in March 2011.

Interview Details – After seeing an opening on-line for Guess in the mall, I sent my resume to the appropriate e-mail as listed on-line. The next few days I got a call to set up an interview. I met with (who I thought was the store manager), the Co-Manager. She asked me to fill out an application and agree to a background check. She interviewed me in the mall. She asked the basic questions, what do you know about Guess.. tell me about yourself..., tell me about a time when..., how would you handle... Then she asked if I had any questions. After asking my questions, she explained she was the co-manager and the store manager was off and wouldn't be back for a few days. She told me she would talk to the store manager and if they decide to go further I would be invited for a second interview. She also told me there were 3 different levels of management, assistant managers, a co-manager, and a store manager. The store environment was quiet, no customers, and neatly merchandised. The interviewer wore a mini skirt, knee boots, and a lace shirt. I may have been dressed wrong because I haven't gotten a call back, I wore a black suit, white shirt.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Guess (as a company)?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had an associate they always had trouble making their sales goal, and what did you do?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about yourself, and why you want to work for Guess.   Answer Question
  • Would you have a problem with speaking to an associate for bad behavior? Would you have a problem firing someone?   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Guess? in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the Assistant Manager position posted online in person and scheduled an interview a couple of days afterward. The interview seemingly went well and I was specifically told that, unlike other retail employers, G by Guess prides itself on treating employees and applicants respectfully. After the end of my interview I was told that I would receive a call within three days regardless of whether or not I would be given the position. A few weeks passed and I could really even care less to call them back.

P.S. I was told at my interview that an Assistant Manager is simply a glorified Sales Associate who coaches the Sales Associates with the latest promotions and goals.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you suggested an idea at a previous job which failed and how you learned from it.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details – Meet with Store Manager. Very laid back conversation told me more about personal life then the company. After a background check I was set up with an interview with the District Manager. Questions about current job, company expections, how I motovate my staff, how do you celebrate sucesses, what are your weaknesses. They told me about the postion and a brief company overview and what they were trying to do in the future to change.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to have a conversation with an associate about proformance, did it go as expected, what was the outcome and results.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They rounded up my current pay to the next dollar.

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was an internal candidate. So the DM just sat me down and told me what to expect and asked what I was looking forward to.

Interview Question – What more can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Guess?

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guess? Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Guess? employees and interview candidates.