Guess? Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.4

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

You must go through a few interviews, as is typical in retail. As long as you are respectful and confident but not cocky, you are off to a good start. You start with the DM and then the RM. I personally expressed my passion for the brand and made sure I dressed like I already had the job. I was offered the job a couple days after the last interview.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to improve the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Guess? (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked some light questions and told to put together a outfit , after that i was told about the ins and outs of the job description as similar to my last job .

Interview Questions

• what do you look foward to improving on ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Guess? (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was Great process. Fast turn around and Offer was immediate. Welcomed by the current employees and was already treated as part of the team. Was told what to expect on the first day and the ins and outz if the position during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are a good addition to our company   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Guess? (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews and was hired within the month. Guess has high turnover, so getting into the company is not difficult. Be sure to ask very specific questions about what you will be doing. I found that my position was not exactly what I expected, though I was pleased with it nonetheless. Guess is very strict about being on time. If you are not a punctual person, do not admit it in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Planning Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

I got a call from HR a few weeks after submitting my application. She jumped straight into it and started asking me several basic questions- Why I was interested in working in retail/fashion etc. She then moved me onto the next round of interviews. I went into the office and did 3 interviews for 3 separate departments (CRM, Factor Planning, Retail Planning). None of the questions were out of the ordinary, however they do ask if you are familiar with using excel functions such as vlookups and pivot tables.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

The interview was very easy. I went in for an aplication and got an interview on the spot! I met a few of the managers and they were super nice.. The interview took about 15 minutes! The manager didnt ask many questions he/she just asked me to put together an outfit for a specific event and that was really it!

Interview Questions

• What can you do for the company that the other candidates cant?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess?.

Interview

Detailed and straight to the point took a couple weeks but other than that i thought the interview questions were reasonable and expectable. I actually had a group interview so i got to see how the other girl answered the questions.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess?.

Interview

The first round was a group interview. It was really chill and kind of fun. The manager asked who we admired in the fashion industry and why we were wearing the outfits we choose. After that you got called for a one on one with the hiring manager to talk about salary, hours, stuff like that.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess?.

Interview

It was a group interview (me and two other girls) held very early in the morning before the store opened. We filled out a form and were being observed to see if we were talking to each other. Manager came back and said that she hoped we got to know each other while we were filling out forms because we were going to have to state 5 things about the other person. She walked away and gave us 5 more minutes. After this she asked us what do we do, where do we see ourselves in 10 years from now. She was friendly, she observed what we were wearing, retail experience is a must. Of course she asked us "Why Guess?" .. She did not state how much they pay at this job (came to find out its $9 for NY locations, no commission. Then she stated what we would expect from us, it was a little harsh for one girl who never worked retail, i remember she said "Do you have any idea what you would be getting yourself into? This is not like (referring to the girl's current job)." i felt bad for her =/.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were fairly easy, there was nothing that stood out to me that i couldn't answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything ! =[

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Interview

First there was a group interview, where a worker asked us questions like what are we most passionate about, what is one word to describe ourselves, and how would we greet a costumer. After this I received a follow up interview with the manager where she asked why I would be a good fit, what would I do if someone higher up was doing something wrong, what would be my selling strategy, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a negative shopping experience you've had and how would that shape your sales strategy?   Answer Question