Guess? Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

Interview process took one day. They immediately called to set up an interview. I was told they have a 3 interview process. Everyone was very nice and esaygoing. They are clearly looking for fashion forward people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Guess? in October 2014.

I dropped off an application and resume on Monday and received a call from the manager on Friday. We scheduled an interview for the upcoming Monday and I was asked to dress as I would if I got the job. I wore dark skinny jeans with no logos or designs, a cut-out-shoulder button up shirt, and high boots. The interview took place outside of the store at a nearby table and the manager asked me standard fashion and sales questions for around 20 minutes. He called me back a few days later with a part-time offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a negative shopping experience you've had.   Answer Question

I was offered a full-time position elsewhere.

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Guess?.

It takes the company a long time to make any decisions as far as hiring. 2 months after I interviewed they finally had me come in to work. It has now taken 3 months and counting for them to make a decision to hire me on into the full time position that was available when i started.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary or hard.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess?.

I was referred for an assistant position and the recruiter called me within 24 hours. We set up a Skype interview and the next day, she emailed me to set up an in person interview. When I arrived at their corporate office, the interviewers were half an hour late. When interviewing me, the hiring manager did not seem interested and her colleague proceeded to read out my resume, line by line, only to have me confirm that every word was true. I feel that the hiring managers would have greatly benefited from an interviewing workshop or something of the sort.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Guess? in August 2014.

Have my application to them on a Saturday, called me the following day for an interview that coming Tuesday. Interview lasted literally 2 minutes since the manager was in a hurry to find more employees. Asked me about my work experience and told me about expectations and what she needed. Asked me if I could do it and I said yes and she basically hired me on the spot. Background check took a day. Called me on Thursday to fill out paperwork and get started on training.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Guess?.

The hiring process was the basic layout I submitted my application a week and was called a week later they asked the usual Why do you want to work at Guess? What my availability was? What can I bring to Guess? Than the interview was done and they would call me if I got the ob. No call I was not offered a positon in August than 2 and a half months later they call me again and like would you like to be a seasonal employee. I agreed and left my old job. They thought I was crazy but I was determined to be a part time associate. I was hired as well with 20 other people and the holiday season ended and I was kept my SPH was the highest they have ever seen.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult is having another person next to you in a group interview and having to stare the spotlight.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess? in July 2014.

I met one of the managers at a job fair and she just did a brief interview with me asking me just a few questions (If I've had retail experience or not, where I previously worked, why I left) typical stuff just to get a feel for it. she didn't get back to me for a few weeks, but when she did I was offered a job as a sales associate. everything there is fast paced. I didn't need a second interview but I'm not sure how that goes if you just walk in and apply

Interview Questions
    • Did I know what my "color" was? there's a color test apparently and I took it upon being hired and it basically just lets others know how to work with you and what works with your personality   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess?.

Interviewed with the district manager who simply asked questions about my work experience and what I did at my current job on a day-to-day basis. I was surprised as they did not go into any further details.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess?.

Two in person interviews. Both happened quickly-follow up was great. Interviewer was interested in knowing me as a person and also my work experience. Spoke a lot about clientele and being sales driven. Also spoke a lot about conversion.

Ensure you are happy with the offer. So go in knowing what you want!

Intern Interview

They asked for applications via an online resource. Once submitted, applicants that were qualified were called into the headquarter offices in Los Angeles where they were given a 20 minute interview to verify their qualifications. Candidates were given the job on the spot if they were qualified.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best quality you can bring to the company and why?   Answer Question