Guess? Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

The process was quick and simple. A group interview was conducted twice before we were called with an offer. Participants were asked to answer the same question in the group interview. Be prepared so that you can present a polished answer and standout in the group.

Interview Questions

• What celebrity do you look to for current trends? How do you remain current with fashion trends? Why do you want to work for Guess Inc.? How do you define customer service?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

Saw multiple people in one visit, which was great so I didn't have to drive back and forth for each interview. Turned that I wasn't qualified for the position but they referred me to the manager who was hiring for a junior graphic design position. I was already driving off the lot and the recruiter called me right back to interview on the spot.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guess? (Downey, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very easy and friendly approach from the employer. She really knew how to make it flow seamlessly and had a bubbly friendly attitude. As a good interviewer should. We started sharing past stories and I got her laughing.

Interview Questions

• What are you weaknesses and what are your opportunities?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your current business.   1 Answer
    • How do you control shrink (Los Prevention)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't really negotiate. They offer you the position with a pay rate and you can either choose to accept or decline the position with that offer. (This includes salary, benefits, etc.)

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guess? (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Then I came in and met with the recruiter and then 2 hiring managers. All took about 2 weeks and I was shortly hired after that. Interview was not difficult, about average.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

You must go through a few interviews, as is typical in retail. As long as you are respectful and confident but not cocky, you are off to a good start. You start with the DM and then the RM. I personally expressed my passion for the brand and made sure I dressed like I already had the job. I was offered the job a couple days after the last interview.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to improve the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guess? (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked some light questions and told to put together a outfit , after that i was told about the ins and outs of the job description as similar to my last job .

Interview Questions

• what do you look foward to improving on ?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guess? (Skokie, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

confortable, fun and informative. interview process was standard. entire should be fashion/ business based. examples such as stories or awards are essential. sense of urgency is huge with this company and high energy is a must .

Interview Questions

• how do you motivate others?   1 Answer

Negotiation

was able to negotiate as well as re negotiation during mid year reviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guess? (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was Great process. Fast turn around and Offer was immediate. Welcomed by the current employees and was already treated as part of the team. Was told what to expect on the first day and the ins and outz if the position during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are a good addition to our company   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guess? (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews and was hired within the month. Guess has high turnover, so getting into the company is not difficult. Be sure to ask very specific questions about what you will be doing. I found that my position was not exactly what I expected, though I was pleased with it nonetheless. Guess is very strict about being on time. If you are not a punctual person, do not admit it in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

I got a call from HR a few weeks after submitting my application. She jumped straight into it and started asking me several basic questions- Why I was interested in working in retail/fashion etc. She then moved me onto the next round of interviews. I went into the office and did 3 interviews for 3 separate departments (CRM, Factor Planning, Retail Planning). None of the questions were out of the ordinary, however they do ask if you are familiar with using excel functions such as vlookups and pivot tables.