Guess? Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
90 interviews

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess? in August 2014.

Have my application to them on a Saturday, called me the following day for an interview that coming Tuesday. Interview lasted literally 2 minutes since the manager was in a hurry to find more employees. Asked me about my work experience and told me about expectations and what she needed. Asked me if I could do it and I said yes and she basically hired me on the spot. Background check took a day. Called me on Thursday to fill out paperwork and get started on training.

No negotiation

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Guess? in January 2010.

Interview was from an employee-referral......
    Then received Phone call from recruiter.....
    Had two on-site interviews.....
    Offered position within two weeks via phone call....
    Started two weeks after that.
    The entire interview process was seamless and professional.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Guess?.

The hiring process was the basic layout I submitted my application a week and was called a week later they asked the usual Why do you want to work at Guess? What my availability was? What can I bring to Guess? Than the interview was done and they would call me if I got the ob. No call I was not offered a positon in August than 2 and a half months later they call me again and like would you like to be a seasonal employee. I agreed and left my old job. They thought I was crazy but I was determined to be a part time associate. I was hired as well with 20 other people and the holiday season ended and I was kept my SPH was the highest they have ever seen.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult is having another person next to you in a group interview and having to stare the spotlight.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in May 2013.

Applied online, received confirmation via email from HR to schedule phone interview. Completed phone interview with HR representative and was invited for an in-person interview in DTLA at their headquarters. Arrived on time and was told to fill out paperwork and look around. Actual in-person interview was done by 2 people separately. It was mostly conversation based and trying to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult came up, it really was all basic interview questions that you could google.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the hourly pay for interns is set as minimum wage

Co-Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guess?.

Interviewed with the district manager who simply asked questions about my work experience and what I did at my current job on a day-to-day basis. I was surprised as they did not go into any further details.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Two in person interviews. Both happened quickly-follow up was great. Interviewer was interested in knowing me as a person and also my work experience. Spoke a lot about clientele and being sales driven. Also spoke a lot about conversion.

Ensure you are happy with the offer. So go in knowing what you want!

Intern Interview

They asked for applications via an online resource. Once submitted, applicants that were qualified were called into the headquarter offices in Los Angeles where they were given a 20 minute interview to verify their qualifications. Candidates were given the job on the spot if they were qualified.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best quality you can bring to the company and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guess? in May 2013.

After turning in application, got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. Went in and spoke to manager and filled out paper work. Was given a quick tour of the store and thought I would be asked to put together an outfit but I was not. Got a call that I was hired very shortly thereafter.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview took place in store, comfortable atmosphere, one on one with manager.

Interview Questions
    • All pertained to fashion and customer service, there wasn't a question out of left field. What are you're favorite fashion blogs was one that I found interesting.   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Applied through the guess website. Was contacted by phone and conducted a short phone interview. Was then invited to come into the office for an in person interview. Met with hr and potential supervisor, also had to fill out paper application while there. Was then called back to meet the manager. Was then given a lap top to take an excel test. Not very difficult, basic formatting and formulas but there were some trickier parts with tables. I suggest reviewing your excel skills before coming in. Received a follow up call a few days later saying that they would be reaching out to my references and doing a background check. Was then offered position through phone conversation. Everyone I met there seemed really nice. The receptionist was sweet, the manager had great style and the offices were beautiful.

Interview Questions

Although I liked the people I met, I found another opportunity that paid more.

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!