Guess? Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.4

Cashier Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess? in October 2009.

The manager asked me a few questions about myself and asked me why i chose to work at the store. Also, i took a phone survey where i had to answer a lot of questions for 15 minutes about stealing and honesty. She told me that the results of that phone survey takes a while to get to them and they will call me if they are interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Guess? in March 2012.

Had to pick our favorite designer and then a star we thought dressed the best then had 15 min to pick out an outfit for that star then sell it to the manager.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Guess? in September 2011.

It was like most retail interviews questions about sales numbers people skills product knowledge interests in the company long-term situations where id have to answer what I would do there're a lot of confrontation questions dealing with internal and external customers as they call them

Interview Questions
    • Describe your greatest weakness that is applicable to the position you are applying for   View Answer
    There was no negotiation what I put down for my minimum pay they approved and would not go up at all and when I applied I put the minimum that I could afford because I didn't want to scare them away

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess? in March 2009.

First had me fill out a bunch of paperwork in the main lobby. I met with the hiring manager in a conference room. He preceded to ask me a whole bunch of difficult scenario questions. He jotted down each of my answers. It took about 30 min. But it was tough. Weakness, strengths, how would you get a long with others.

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Guess? in December 2009.

Apply in store, interview process was as a group multiple candidates at once. So everyone gets the same question around a circle. Gives you more time to think of better answer. And if you selected from group, you get the second interview with the owner of the store. If you pass your hired.

Interview Questions
    • Loss prevention question, if someone is trying to steal from the store,what is expected for you not to do and why.... it was difficult because It was my first job ever.   View Answer
    No negotiation it was just a per hour sales associate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

The interview was rescheduled twice. The manager was not friendly at all. I was not comfortable talking to her. She also asked to walk to random people and make friends with them (awkward)..

Interview Questions

I don't like working with unfriendly people. It's always better to work in a good and a family alike group.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess? in February 2011.

I applied for the job. I was then contacted to set up an interview date. The interview was a group interview. The interviewer was an assistant manager. There were 6 of us being interviewed. She asked us each the same question probably about 6 maybe more. It was just the basics nothing too complicated. I was then contacted to set up a second interview with the store manager. It was just me and her. It wasn't too difficult we went to the food court. A few days later I was contacted and the manager said I was hired if I wanted the job. I said yes and we set up a day to have mine and the others that got hired first training day.

Interview Questions
    • I was so long ago I really can't remember the questions, but the interview wasn't hard at all.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandising Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess?.

The interview was very structured and well-done. I applied online and the following day a recruiter called me to see if I was fit for the position. I had an interview with the manager but it was cut short.

Interview Questions
    • What is it about visual merchandising that makes you want to work here?   Answer Question
    It was an entry-level position so I didn't negotiate at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess? in May 2012.

The process of interview was pretty easy for me, I ask for an application and on the spot was told that someone would call me for an interview and days after I received a call, maybe because it was an urgent need for associates. Came in on interview day and did a two part interview, questions and then styling type quiz, with another interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • The Unexpected Question for me was "what is your favorite magazine" and "which celebrity inspires you" .   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guess? in August 2012.

I was contacted by a Regional Manager who I had a thorough phone interview with. Then I had a thorough (and typical) interview with HR. The Regional stayed in contact with me and both said that they were very interested in me and wanted to have a face to face interview and compare me with one other candidate. 2 weeks went by and they finally returned my call saying that they weren't going to interview me but instead they hired they other candidate.