Guess? Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.4

Interview

Promoted from within the company. Asked to interview for the position after being top performer at multiple locations.

Interview Questions

• Would I feel comfortable firing former peers, and remodeling the structure of the store.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

I applied in an actual store for a management position. I happen to give my application to a hiring manager and he told me that I would be contacted shortly. Sure enough, 30 minutes later the District Manager called me and wanted to set up a personal interview! I met with the DM and she gave me a very relaxed and thorough interview. I was offered the job 1 day later. She even paid me more than I expected coming from a much larger company. I trained for 1 week and they paid me for that time and were very thorough with the company's expectations.

Interview Questions

• there were no surprises. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because they offered me more than what i expected them to.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

Went in the flagship store and asked for an application from the hiring manager. He was so nice too. I filled in the application and gave it in the next day. Before I knew it, I was asked to come in for an interview. It went okay, it was a group interview. The second time they called I was so surprised I was asked to come in again. Still no offer I'm still in the waiting game. But remember to follow up

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite fashion designer and why?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. Interviewed with the District Manager. Background check and reference checks are conducted. Process was pretty quick.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

Hiring process took a while, but it seems like they all do. Conducted three interviews before landing my position.

Negotiation

I liked what they offered the first time, so I did not try to negotiate

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Realaxed Group interview. Manager was very nice. Asked a lot of questions about personal style and what we think good customer service is. The best customer service we've ever had and the worst.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

met at the mall and was very quick

no future

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Look the Part The success of most retail stores is all about appearances: the look of the merchandise, the look of the store and, most importantly, the look of the people who work in the store. Dress for the interview in a manner similar to the people who work at the store. If you are interviewing for a job in a clothing store, wear the store's clothing. This tells a potential employer that you have not only done your research but also can speak honestly about the product to a customer. Know the Product If you don't have experience with the product or don't currently use it, do some research. Go into the store and take a look at their product line. This will prepare you to answer questions in an interview. For most retail job interviews, particularly sales, you will be asked questions about the products in the store. Visit the company's website to learn about their product history or new products slated to be released. Show Who You Are Retail is a fast-moving industry because there are so many competitors. Motivating a customer to purchase an item and return to your store can be difficult. Retailers are constantly hiring new staff due to high turnover. Show that you are up to the task by being enthusiastic during the interview. Allow your personality to show. Concentrate on your strengths; it's OK if you don't have experience in every area. For example, if you don't have an extensive amount of sales experience, focus on your customer service skills and your willingness to learn more about direct sales.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

I applied within the store the manager happened to be there and she took my application; by the time I made it to my car she called to set up an interview which was about a week later. The interview was a small group interview of 6 six people, it was very short and laid back. I heard back from them within a week with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was actually the toughest part because pay is ALWAYS negotiable even if they tell you it's not, IT IS never take the first offer. It took about an hour to reach an agreement but finally we did.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Guess? in June 2013.

Interview

I applied in person, got a call back a few weeks later. I went in that day, filled out an application, there were 10 other girls there (I did not know it was going to be a group interview) Anyway, the manager who interviewed us led us down to the busy food court and sat at a table where not everyone had chairs to sit... Not to mention, it was hard hearing everyone including the interviewer due to the loudness of the food court. The interview took one hour. Questions were like introduce yourself, your favourite brand and why, what do you know about Guess, favourite magazine and why, 3 words that describe you, questions related to stealing, scenario questions, role play questions, etc. Most of the girls fought to answer since not everyone had the chance to answer due to the amount of people and the limitations of time. By the end, you could tell who were the few who stood out the most. They also got called to stay back by the manager, which of course is obvious that they got hired. Everyone else would get a call back for a second interview.