Guess?

80 candidate interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details – The interview was a group interview. The interview was very informal and there were about 10 of us who sat through a presentation and then were asked questions as a group. They opened the floor for candidates to try to perform a sales pitch based on clothes that they had sitting on a rack in the interview room.

Interview Question – Tell us the craziest thing you've ever done.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details – The most unprofessional process I have ever been in. I was scheduled to do a phone interview with the Creative Director and I waited nearly an hour and finally gave up. Her assistant never bothered calling. I am disgusted with the level of disrespect that is evident from higher management.

Interview Question – None because the interview never happened   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I interviewed at Guess? in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied in person, got a call back a few weeks later. I went in that day, filled out an application, there were 10 other girls there (I did not know it was going to be a group interview) Anyway, the manager who interviewed us led us down to the busy food court and sat at a table where not everyone had chairs to sit... Not to mention, it was hard hearing everyone including the interviewer due to the loudness of the food court. The interview took one hour. Questions were like introduce yourself, your favourite brand and why, what do you know about Guess, favourite magazine and why, 3 words that describe you, questions related to stealing, scenario questions, role play questions, etc. Most of the girls fought to answer since not everyone had the chance to answer due to the amount of people and the limitations of time. By the end, you could tell who were the few who stood out the most. They also got called to stay back by the manager, which of course is obvious that they got hired. Everyone else would get a call back for a second interview.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult, typical retail questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stock Associate Interview

Stock Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details – Went in the flagship store and asked for an application from the hiring manager. He was so nice too. I filled in the application and gave it in the next day. Before I knew it, I was asked to come in for an interview. It went okay, it was a group interview. The second time they called I was so surprised I was asked to come in again. Still no offer I'm still in the waiting game. But remember to follow up

Interview Question – What's your favorite fashion designer and why?   View Answer

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details – met at the mall and was very quick

Interview Question – what was the most difficult thing you ever did   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – no future

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details – Friendly chat. Not anything difficult.

Interview Question – Who is your fav celeb icon?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details – I got an interview directly with the Director since I knew someone already there that felt I would be perfect for the position.

Interview Question – When you think of Guess, what do you think of?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details – I was recruited while employed with another retailer. The district manager and store manager at my mall would walk the mall weekly, and we eventually became close. After several "walks" around the mall and visits to my store, the DM asked me to meet. The initial meeting was more talking and getting to know who I was. Then I was required to fill out my application and background. After my background came back, the DM again asked me to sit down. This time it was in a office an much more formal. The DM had done their research, they talked to my references, and talked to other managers and DMs that had worked with me. The DM was very personable and very interested in my career goals and life aspirations. I then met with two store managers, that was my final interview. Once my future peers signed off I was offered a position.

Interview Question – What is something you do not like about your current job? What have you done to improve the situation? What do you expect from this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked what I would like to make. After hearing what I had to say they came back with a lower offer. I said I could not take that and would not leave my current position. They again came back and said that was the final offer, but that in three months I would be promoted and make what I was asking for. In the mean time they said there were bonus opportunities.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details – What have you implemented in your current role that has positively impacted the company? Who is your favorite designer? Have you used any of your friends discounts in the last year? What is your management style? What is your scheduling experience? Why Guess?

Interview Question – What was your biggest opportunity at your last position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be courageous but thoughtful when asking, inform yourself.. DMs have a lot of control with pay scale..

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details – I applied within the store the manager happened to be there and she took my application; by the time I made it to my car she called to set up an interview which was about a week later. The interview was a small group interview of 6 six people, it was very short and laid back. I heard back from them within a week with an offer.

Interview Question – all of the questions were pretty basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was actually the toughest part because pay is ALWAYS negotiable even if they tell you it's not, IT IS never take the first offer. It took about an hour to reach an agreement but finally we did.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Guess?

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guess? interview questions and advice. All 80 interview reviews posted anonymously by Guess? employees and interview candidates.