Guess?

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.4

Co-Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess?.

Interviewed with the district manager who simply asked questions about my work experience and what I did at my current job on a day-to-day basis. I was surprised as they did not go into any further details.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess?.

Two in person interviews. Both happened quickly-follow up was great. Interviewer was interested in knowing me as a person and also my work experience. Spoke a lot about clientele and being sales driven. Also spoke a lot about conversion.

Ensure you are happy with the offer. So go in knowing what you want!

Intern Interview

They asked for applications via an online resource. Once submitted, applicants that were qualified were called into the headquarter offices in Los Angeles where they were given a 20 minute interview to verify their qualifications. Candidates were given the job on the spot if they were qualified.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best quality you can bring to the company and why?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guess?.

Interview took place in store, comfortable atmosphere, one on one with manager.

Interview Questions
    • All pertained to fashion and customer service, there wasn't a question out of left field. What are you're favorite fashion blogs was one that I found interesting.   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guess?.

Applied through the guess website. Was contacted by phone and conducted a short phone interview. Was then invited to come into the office for an in person interview. Met with hr and potential supervisor, also had to fill out paper application while there. Was then called back to meet the manager. Was then given a lap top to take an excel test. Not very difficult, basic formatting and formulas but there were some trickier parts with tables. I suggest reviewing your excel skills before coming in. Received a follow up call a few days later saying that they would be reaching out to my references and doing a background check. Was then offered position through phone conversation. Everyone I met there seemed really nice. The receptionist was sweet, the manager had great style and the offices were beautiful.

Interview Questions

Although I liked the people I met, I found another opportunity that paid more.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

What have you implemented in your current role that has positively impacted the company? Who is your favorite designer? Have you used any of your friends discounts in the last year? What is your management style? What is your scheduling experience? Why Guess?

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest opportunity at your last position?   View Answer
    Be courageous but thoughtful when asking, inform yourself.. DMs have a lot of control with pay scale..

Sales Associate Interview

Friendly chat. Not anything difficult.

Store Manager Interview

First, second interview. Background screening

Interview Questions
    Go in with your high and know what is your lowest you'll take.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

The interview was a group interview. The interview was very informal and there were about 10 of us who sat through a presentation and then were asked questions as a group. They opened the floor for candidates to try to perform a sales pitch based on clothes that they had sitting on a rack in the interview room.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

All candidates must go through two interviews, with two different managers. There are no concrete requirements for employment, such as experience or education.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of this job was trying to attain sales goals and tasks that were unattainable, and having that used as leverage to not be promoted.   Answer Question