Guess? Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.4

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview took place in store, comfortable atmosphere, one on one with manager.

Interview Questions
    • All pertained to fashion and customer service, there wasn't a question out of left field. What are you're favorite fashion blogs was one that I found interesting.   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Applied through the guess website. Was contacted by phone and conducted a short phone interview. Was then invited to come into the office for an in person interview. Met with hr and potential supervisor, also had to fill out paper application while there. Was then called back to meet the manager. Was then given a lap top to take an excel test. Not very difficult, basic formatting and formulas but there were some trickier parts with tables. I suggest reviewing your excel skills before coming in. Received a follow up call a few days later saying that they would be reaching out to my references and doing a background check. Was then offered position through phone conversation. Everyone I met there seemed really nice. The receptionist was sweet, the manager had great style and the offices were beautiful.

Interview Questions

Although I liked the people I met, I found another opportunity that paid more.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

What have you implemented in your current role that has positively impacted the company? Who is your favorite designer? Have you used any of your friends discounts in the last year? What is your management style? What is your scheduling experience? Why Guess?

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest opportunity at your last position?   View Answer
    Be courageous but thoughtful when asking, inform yourself.. DMs have a lot of control with pay scale..

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in September 2013.

I picked up an application in store and dropped it off the same day. They called me the next day and I went for an interview the following week. In less than a week they called me telling me that I got the job. I started working in about 2 weeks.

They did not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Friendly chat. Not anything difficult.

Store Manager Interview

First, second interview. Background screening

Interview Questions
    Go in with your high and know what is your lowest you'll take.

Co Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guess? in May 2011.

There was a lot of back and forth on the phone before a time and date was set. When I met with the Dm I was shocked at what she was wearing. I understand that Guess is fun, sexy and young but lets keep it classy. I was very distracted by her nails too. It was very quick and uneasy. It almost felt rehearsed.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question that was asked. I felt it was more about what I looked liked and what I was wearing.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Guess?.

The interview was a group interview. The interview was very informal and there were about 10 of us who sat through a presentation and then were asked questions as a group. They opened the floor for candidates to try to perform a sales pitch based on clothes that they had sitting on a rack in the interview room.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guess? in October 2010.

I went into the Guess store at my local mall and asked for an application. They didn't have any on hand so the Assistant Manager on duty asked the sales associated on the floor to go in the back and print one. I filled it out and returned it that same day. I received a call the following day asking if I could come in for an interview. I was interviewed 3 days later with that same Assistant Manager who gave me the application. The interview was very casual. It was really just a conversation allowing him to get to know me. A lot of the questions were about my hobbies, school, past experience and availability.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Pay was set amount and hourly.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Guess?.

All candidates must go through two interviews, with two different managers. There are no concrete requirements for employment, such as experience or education.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of this job was trying to attain sales goals and tasks that were unattainable, and having that used as leverage to not be promoted.   Answer Question