Guess?

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.4

Assistant Store Manager Interview

What have you implemented in your current role that has positively impacted the company? Who is your favorite designer? Have you used any of your friends discounts in the last year? What is your management style? What is your scheduling experience? Why Guess?

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest opportunity at your last position?   View Answer
    Be courageous but thoughtful when asking, inform yourself.. DMs have a lot of control with pay scale..

Sales Associate Interview

Friendly chat. Not anything difficult.

First, second interview. Background screening

Interview Questions
    Go in with your high and know what is your lowest you'll take.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

The interview was a group interview. The interview was very informal and there were about 10 of us who sat through a presentation and then were asked questions as a group. They opened the floor for candidates to try to perform a sales pitch based on clothes that they had sitting on a rack in the interview room.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

All candidates must go through two interviews, with two different managers. There are no concrete requirements for employment, such as experience or education.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of this job was trying to attain sales goals and tasks that were unattainable, and having that used as leverage to not be promoted.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guess?.

I was recruited while employed with another retailer. The district manager and store manager at my mall would walk the mall weekly, and we eventually became close. After several "walks" around the mall and visits to my store, the DM asked me to meet. The initial meeting was more talking and getting to know who I was. Then I was required to fill out my application and background. After my background came back, the DM again asked me to sit down. This time it was in a office an much more formal. The DM had done their research, they talked to my references, and talked to other managers and DMs that had worked with me. The DM was very personable and very interested in my career goals and life aspirations. I then met with two store managers, that was my final interview. Once my future peers signed off I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you do not like about your current job? What have you done to improve the situation? What do you expect from this job?   Answer Question
    I was asked what I would like to make. After hearing what I had to say they came back with a lower offer. I said I could not take that and would not leave my current position. They again came back and said that was the final offer, but that in three months I would be promoted and make what I was asking for. In the mean time they said there were bonus opportunities.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess?.

The interview process took an overall of 1 week. There were 2 different interviews where each time you had to fill out the application and answer certain questions depending on the position .

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you successfully dealt with an unruly customer.   Answer Question
    Yes i was able to negotiate. I would advise anyone offered a position to make their availability very clear, as changing this can sometimes be a problem working here.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Guess?.

I got an interview directly with the Director since I knew someone already there that felt I would be perfect for the position.

No negotiation

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess? in September 2013.

I picked up an application in store and dropped it off the same day. They called me the next day and I went for an interview the following week. In less than a week they called me telling me that I got the job. I started working in about 2 weeks.

They did not negotiate.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guess?.

I was contacted by a Retail Recruiter via LinkedIn. We set a date a few days later to talk on the phone. She asked a few questions, but most of the interview was her trying to sell the company & its atmosphere. The phone conversation was about 1 hour long. Following that, she had the local district manager reach out to me to set up an in person interview. That interview was again about an hour long and walked through the typical dialogue of why I was looking, what made me think this was a good fit & then went in to really trying to sell the brand.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not get the results you expected. What was the situation? What action did you take? What were the results?   Answer Question

The salary offered was competitive, but I did not feel like I was an overall "fit" for the brand. I accepted a job with product that I can relate to on a personal level.