Guess?

2.4

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess?.

The interview process took an overall of 1 week. There were 2 different interviews where each time you had to fill out the application and answer certain questions depending on the position .

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you successfully dealt with an unruly customer.   Answer Question
    Yes i was able to negotiate. I would advise anyone offered a position to make their availability very clear, as changing this can sometimes be a problem working here.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guess?.

I was recruited while employed with another retailer. The district manager and store manager at my mall would walk the mall weekly, and we eventually became close. After several "walks" around the mall and visits to my store, the DM asked me to meet. The initial meeting was more talking and getting to know who I was. Then I was required to fill out my application and background. After my background came back, the DM again asked me to sit down. This time it was in a office an much more formal. The DM had done their research, they talked to my references, and talked to other managers and DMs that had worked with me. The DM was very personable and very interested in my career goals and life aspirations. I then met with two store managers, that was my final interview. Once my future peers signed off I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you do not like about your current job? What have you done to improve the situation? What do you expect from this job?   Answer Question
    I was asked what I would like to make. After hearing what I had to say they came back with a lower offer. I said I could not take that and would not leave my current position. They again came back and said that was the final offer, but that in three months I would be promoted and make what I was asking for. In the mean time they said there were bonus opportunities.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Guess?.

I got an interview directly with the Director since I knew someone already there that felt I would be perfect for the position.

No negotiation

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess? in September 2013.

I picked up an application in store and dropped it off the same day. They called me the next day and I went for an interview the following week. In less than a week they called me telling me that I got the job. I started working in about 2 weeks.

They did not negotiate.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guess?.

I was contacted by a Retail Recruiter via LinkedIn. We set a date a few days later to talk on the phone. She asked a few questions, but most of the interview was her trying to sell the company & its atmosphere. The phone conversation was about 1 hour long. Following that, she had the local district manager reach out to me to set up an in person interview. That interview was again about an hour long and walked through the typical dialogue of why I was looking, what made me think this was a good fit & then went in to really trying to sell the brand.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not get the results you expected. What was the situation? What action did you take? What were the results?   Answer Question

The salary offered was competitive, but I did not feel like I was an overall "fit" for the brand. I accepted a job with product that I can relate to on a personal level.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

The interview was rescheduled twice. The manager was not friendly at all. I was not comfortable talking to her. She also asked to walk to random people and make friends with them (awkward)..

Interview Questions

I don't like working with unfriendly people. It's always better to work in a good and a family alike group.

Sales Associate Interview

Look the Part
    The success of most retail stores is all about appearances: the look of the merchandise, the look of the store and, most importantly, the look of the people who work in the store. Dress for the interview in a manner similar to the people who work at the store. If you are interviewing for a job in a clothing store, wear the store's clothing. This tells a potential employer that you have not only done your research but also can speak honestly about the product to a customer.

Know the Product
    If you don't have experience with the product or don't currently use it, do some research. Go into the store and take a look at their product line. This will prepare you to answer questions in an interview. For most retail job interviews, particularly sales, you will be asked questions about the products in the store. Visit the company's website to learn about their product history or new products slated to be released.

Show Who You Are
    Retail is a fast-moving industry because there are so many competitors. Motivating a customer to purchase an item and return to your store can be difficult. Retailers are constantly hiring new staff due to high turnover. Show that you are up to the task by being enthusiastic during the interview. Allow your personality to show. Concentrate on your strengths; it's OK if you don't have experience in every area. For example, if you don't have an extensive amount of sales experience, focus on your customer service skills and your willingness to learn more about direct sales.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guess?.

I applied in an actual store for a management position. I happen to give my application to a hiring manager and he told me that I would be contacted shortly. Sure enough, 30 minutes later the District Manager called me and wanted to set up a personal interview! I met with the DM and she gave me a very relaxed and thorough interview. I was offered the job 1 day later. She even paid me more than I expected coming from a much larger company. I trained for 1 week and they paid me for that time and were very thorough with the company's expectations.

Interview Questions
    • there were no surprises. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because they offered me more than what i expected them to.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied within the store the manager happened to be there and she took my application; by the time I made it to my car she called to set up an interview which was about a week later. The interview was a small group interview of 6 six people, it was very short and laid back. I heard back from them within a week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    This was actually the toughest part because pay is ALWAYS negotiable even if they tell you it's not, IT IS never take the first offer. It took about an hour to reach an agreement but finally we did.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess? in May 2013.

Applied online, received confirmation via email from HR to schedule phone interview. Completed phone interview with HR representative and was invited for an in-person interview in DTLA at their headquarters. Arrived on time and was told to fill out paperwork and look around. Actual in-person interview was done by 2 people separately. It was mostly conversation based and trying to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult came up, it really was all basic interview questions that you could google.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the hourly pay for interns is set as minimum wage