Guess? Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.4

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guess?.

Interview

Applied through the guess website. Was contacted by phone and conducted a short phone interview. Was then invited to come into the office for an in person interview. Met with hr and potential supervisor, also had to fill out paper application while there. Was then called back to meet the manager. Was then given a lap top to take an excel test. Not very difficult, basic formatting and formulas but there were some trickier parts with tables. I suggest reviewing your excel skills before coming in. Received a follow up call a few days later saying that they would be reaching out to my references and doing a background check. Was then offered position through phone conversation. Everyone I met there seemed really nice. The receptionist was sweet, the manager had great style and the offices were beautiful.

Interview Questions

Although I liked the people I met, I found another opportunity that paid more.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

What have you implemented in your current role that has positively impacted the company? Who is your favorite designer? Have you used any of your friends discounts in the last year? What is your management style? What is your scheduling experience? Why Guess?

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest opportunity at your last position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be courageous but thoughtful when asking, inform yourself.. DMs have a lot of control with pay scale..

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Friendly chat. Not anything difficult.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

First, second interview. Background screening

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Go in with your high and know what is your lowest you'll take.

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess? (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview was a group interview. The interview was very informal and there were about 10 of us who sat through a presentation and then were asked questions as a group. They opened the floor for candidates to try to perform a sales pitch based on clothes that they had sitting on a rack in the interview room.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess? (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

All candidates must go through two interviews, with two different managers. There are no concrete requirements for employment, such as experience or education.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of this job was trying to attain sales goals and tasks that were unattainable, and having that used as leverage to not be promoted.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guess?.

Interview

I was recruited while employed with another retailer. The district manager and store manager at my mall would walk the mall weekly, and we eventually became close. After several "walks" around the mall and visits to my store, the DM asked me to meet. The initial meeting was more talking and getting to know who I was. Then I was required to fill out my application and background. After my background came back, the DM again asked me to sit down. This time it was in a office an much more formal. The DM had done their research, they talked to my references, and talked to other managers and DMs that had worked with me. The DM was very personable and very interested in my career goals and life aspirations. I then met with two store managers, that was my final interview. Once my future peers signed off I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What is something you do not like about your current job? What have you done to improve the situation? What do you expect from this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked what I would like to make. After hearing what I had to say they came back with a lower offer. I said I could not take that and would not leave my current position. They again came back and said that was the final offer, but that in three months I would be promoted and make what I was asking for. In the mean time they said there were bonus opportunities.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess? (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process took an overall of 1 week. There were 2 different interviews where each time you had to fill out the application and answer certain questions depending on the position .

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you successfully dealt with an unruly customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes i was able to negotiate. I would advise anyone offered a position to make their availability very clear, as changing this can sometimes be a problem working here.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

I got an interview directly with the Director since I knew someone already there that felt I would be perfect for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess? (Skokie, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

I picked up an application in store and dropped it off the same day. They called me the next day and I went for an interview the following week. In less than a week they called me telling me that I got the job. I started working in about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not negotiate.