Guess?

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess? in May 2013.

Applied online, received confirmation via email from HR to schedule phone interview. Completed phone interview with HR representative and was invited for an in-person interview in DTLA at their headquarters. Arrived on time and was told to fill out paperwork and look around. Actual in-person interview was done by 2 people separately. It was mostly conversation based and trying to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult came up, it really was all basic interview questions that you could google.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the hourly pay for interns is set as minimum wage

Stock Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess?.

Went in the flagship store and asked for an application from the hiring manager. He was so nice too. I filled in the application and gave it in the next day. Before I knew it, I was asked to come in for an interview. It went okay, it was a group interview. The second time they called I was so surprised I was asked to come in again. Still no offer I'm still in the waiting game. But remember to follow up

Interview Questions
    • What's your favorite fashion designer and why?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess?.

I met one on one with the Store Manager for my first interview. My second interview was with the Store manager of another location. My third interview was over the phone with the District Manager. The questions were all very direct and to be expected. I was asked about my past work experience, why I was interested in working for the company, what I could bring to the store, ect.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate for a better wage than offered, but looking back I wish that I had. they offer low, but there is always some wiggle room.

Store Manager Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. Interviewed with the District Manager. Background check and reference checks are conducted. Process was pretty quick.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guess?.

Hiring process took a while, but it seems like they all do. Conducted three interviews before landing my position.

I liked what they offered the first time, so I did not try to negotiate

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guess? in January 2013.

I had to go through 2 interviews and then got hired. The people at the time were very nice and easy to get along with. Just make sure you dress very nice because they will judge you from what you wear and how our makeup looks.

Interview Questions
    once I got promoted they said they would give me a raise but they never did.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess? in October 2012.

The company had come to a job fair at my school so i filled out and application there and a week later i got a call about an interview the next morning
    the interview was for 10:30 and was a group interview (which was never mentioned)
    There were 10 of us and the manager interviewed us out side the store at some benches in the mall it was early so there weren't many shoppers
    the whole thing lasted half and hour and was very simple and laid back
    she mainly just went over what they accept , out job description and the dress code
    then she went around and asked each of us the same question which was " out of everything i just told you about the job what part do you think you will do the best at or are most excited about doing "
    then we got to ask questions and it was over
    she said we would hear back with in 5 -7 day due to the wait of the background check
    Right now they are hiring about 300 people since the holidays are coming up (it is seasonal position)but alot of the time if you do a good job you get hired permanently
    UPDATE:
    A day later I got a call offering me the job and I accepted
    I go to fill out paperwork next week

Interview Questions
    • out of everything i just told you about the job what part do you think you will do the best at or are most excited about doing?   View Answer

District Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guess? in August 2012.

I was contacted by a Regional Manager who I had a thorough phone interview with. Then I had a thorough (and typical) interview with HR. The Regional stayed in contact with me and both said that they were very interested in me and wanted to have a face to face interview and compare me with one other candidate. 2 weeks went by and they finally returned my call saying that they weren't going to interview me but instead they hired they other candidate.

Int Licensing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Guess?.

This process was enjoyable. I was made to feel at home and comfortable. I knew right away that this job would be a fantastic opportunity and I really hoped it would work in my favor. The recruitment and the interview was filled with a lightheartedness. I was give a research test and enjoyed doing it. As I was fresh out of a post graduate degree it was best to see if the fit was right.

It was my first job offer out of college. The negotiation was not something I really took advantage of at this time in my career.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess? in May 2012.

The process of interview was pretty easy for me, I ask for an application and on the spot was told that someone would call me for an interview and days after I received a call, maybe because it was an urgent need for associates. Came in on interview day and did a two part interview, questions and then styling type quiz, with another interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • The Unexpected Question for me was "what is your favorite magazine" and "which celebrity inspires you" .   Answer Question