Guess? Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.4

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guess?.

Interview

Hiring process took a while, but it seems like they all do. Conducted three interviews before landing my position.

Negotiation

I liked what they offered the first time, so I did not try to negotiate

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guess? (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2013.

Interview

I had to go through 2 interviews and then got hired. The people at the time were very nice and easy to get along with. Just make sure you dress very nice because they will judge you from what you wear and how our makeup looks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

once I got promoted they said they would give me a raise but they never did.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess? (Ontario, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The company had come to a job fair at my school so i filled out and application there and a week later i got a call about an interview the next morning
    the interview was for 10:30 and was a group interview (which was never mentioned)
    There were 10 of us and the manager interviewed us out side the store at some benches in the mall it was early so there weren't many shoppers
    the whole thing lasted half and hour and was very simple and laid back
    she mainly just went over what they accept , out job description and the dress code
    then she went around and asked each of us the same question which was " out of everything i just told you about the job what part do you think you will do the best at or are most excited about doing "
    then we got to ask questions and it was over
    she said we would hear back with in 5 -7 day due to the wait of the background check
    Right now they are hiring about 300 people since the holidays are coming up (it is seasonal position)but alot of the time if you do a good job you get hired permanently
    UPDATE:
    A day later I got a call offering me the job and I accepted
    I go to fill out paperwork next week

Interview Questions

• out of everything i just told you about the job what part do you think you will do the best at or are most excited about doing?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guess? in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a Regional Manager who I had a thorough phone interview with. Then I had a thorough (and typical) interview with HR. The Regional stayed in contact with me and both said that they were very interested in me and wanted to have a face to face interview and compare me with one other candidate. 2 weeks went by and they finally returned my call saying that they weren't going to interview me but instead they hired they other candidate.

Int Licensing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Guess? (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

This process was enjoyable. I was made to feel at home and comfortable. I knew right away that this job would be a fantastic opportunity and I really hoped it would work in my favor. The recruitment and the interview was filled with a lightheartedness. I was give a research test and enjoyed doing it. As I was fresh out of a post graduate degree it was best to see if the fit was right.

Negotiation

It was my first job offer out of college. The negotiation was not something I really took advantage of at this time in my career.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess? (Paramus, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

The process of interview was pretty easy for me, I ask for an application and on the spot was told that someone would call me for an interview and days after I received a call, maybe because it was an urgent need for associates. Came in on interview day and did a two part interview, questions and then styling type quiz, with another interviewee.

Interview Questions

• The Unexpected Question for me was "what is your favorite magazine" and "which celebrity inspires you" .   Answer Question

Footwear Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guess? (Glendale, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied in person dressed to impress with great resume including experience. received on the spot interview with store manager, came back 20 minutes later for 2nd interview with assistant manager. Came back next day for final interview with store manager. Started working the following week.
    Its very simple come dressed contemporary, on trend, professional, classy and representing guess.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

originally asked for 10/.50/ hour, received 9.50/ hour. Promoted to 10/hr

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Guess? (Beachwood, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Had to pick our favorite designer and then a star we thought dressed the best then had 15 min to pick out an outfit for that star then sell it to the manager.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess? (Dawsonville, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

Group interview for associates. Scoping the selling techniques, fashion styling ability, personal style, and the person's ability to socialize and interact as well as how to follow directions in a timely matter.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Guess? (Marlton, NJ) in December 2011.

Interview

Right from the beginning all of the workers were friendly and upbeat. I could tell right from the start that it was a great environment to work in. The first interview was a group of myself and two others being interviewed. It was a lot of fun. They had us put outfits together, talk about what kind of outfit you would pair with a shoe, etc. it showed me that they want to hire people who really do have a passion for the clothing line and I loved that. The next inter view was the next day and this was a one on one interview. They asked good questions and the manager was just like everybody else, nice, friendly and upbeat. Just seeing the work environment there made me anxious to start the job. And the amazing clothes and awesome discount as well. After that they did a background check which took a day and a half and I got a call with the offer. I took it and now I start on Tuesday. It was a great interview experience and it is an amazing company. Can not wait to start.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself that we do not know.   1 Answer