Guess?

2.4

Footwear Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guess? in March 2012.

Applied in person dressed to impress with great resume including experience. received on the spot interview with store manager, came back 20 minutes later for 2nd interview with assistant manager. Came back next day for final interview with store manager. Started working the following week.
    Its very simple come dressed contemporary, on trend, professional, classy and representing guess.

originally asked for 10/.50/ hour, received 9.50/ hour. Promoted to 10/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Guess? in March 2012.

Had to pick our favorite designer and then a star we thought dressed the best then had 15 min to pick out an outfit for that star then sell it to the manager.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dawsonville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dawsonville, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess? in January 2012.

Group interview for associates. Scoping the selling techniques, fashion styling ability, personal style, and the person's ability to socialize and interact as well as how to follow directions in a timely matter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Guess? in December 2011.

Right from the beginning all of the workers were friendly and upbeat. I could tell right from the start that it was a great environment to work in. The first interview was a group of myself and two others being interviewed. It was a lot of fun. They had us put outfits together, talk about what kind of outfit you would pair with a shoe, etc. it showed me that they want to hire people who really do have a passion for the clothing line and I loved that. The next inter view was the next day and this was a one on one interview. They asked good questions and the manager was just like everybody else, nice, friendly and upbeat. Just seeing the work environment there made me anxious to start the job. And the amazing clothes and awesome discount as well. After that they did a background check which took a day and a half and I got a call with the offer. I took it and now I start on Tuesday. It was a great interview experience and it is an amazing company. Can not wait to start.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something about yourself that we do not know.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Guess? in October 2011.

Grabbed an app, filled it out and went in the next day, It was a group interview and the manager took us to an empty table. The interview was pretty easy, just asked a situation where customer service was and wasn't the greatest. After that she told us were done, waited for a phone call...got the call and everything was peach after.

No negotiation.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Guess? in September 2011.

It was like most retail interviews questions about sales numbers people skills product knowledge interests in the company long-term situations where id have to answer what I would do there're a lot of confrontation questions dealing with internal and external customers as they call them

Interview Questions
    • Describe your greatest weakness that is applicable to the position you are applying for   View Answer
    There was no negotiation what I put down for my minimum pay they approved and would not go up at all and when I applied I put the minimum that I could afford because I didn't want to scare them away

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guess? in August 2011.

I filed out an application and received a call within two weeks to come in for an interview. I had my first interview with the co-manager. He liked me and I had my second interview with the store manager about a week later. The second interview was more like a personality assessment, the store manager asked questions about my prior work experience but mainly focused on getting to know me personally to see if I would be a good fit for their store. She was really down to earth. They ran my background check and I started two or three weeks after my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult interview questions, just the basics.   Answer Question
    They offered me the same amount I was making at my previous job as a manager. I wasn't complaining about going from keyholder to sales associate and receiving the same pay rate so I accepted their offer, no hesitation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guess? in June 2011.

I thought that I was the best in the group interview, however i neer got a call back so I called them repetitively and they kept giving excuses that there were too many events going on so they couldn't contact their interviewers. Horrible.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wailea, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wailea, HI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Guess? in June 2011.

Most places I apply to either take forever to call you back, or after the interview take forever and/ or sometimes never to call you back.

I turned in my application to the store on paper after asking for the application all in the same day, and the next day someone called to set up an interview for a week later.

The interview was held outside of the store, at a table in the Shops of Wailea. The first thing she did was ask me if I was still in school, implying that I look really young.

First off she asked, do you like Guess?, very casually, and so I replied "Of course!" and how they are my style, but that was it, expecting that they would ask 'Why am I applying to Guess' later in the interview. I never got another chance to express my passion and desire to work there, so maybe that's what impeded my chances. I have no retail experience, and she asked about my last job and responsibilities. She asked a few behavioral and situational questions, and she even asked, "How long would it be before you greet someone in the store?"

At the end of the interview she told me that she felt it was a very good interview and she said she felt it went really well.

The next day they called to say they hired another person. Although I didn't get the job I was appreciative they called me back so soon to let me know. Some companies here are so rude and unprofessional. Others would say they would call you to let you know their decision, but they all just leave you hanging, not giving you the courtesy to let you know they went in another direction.

At first I thought they didn't hire me because they thought I was too young. I called to ask and the answerer told me since they didn't interview they didn't know, but that it must have been to no fault of mine, and that I was probably ideal as well, just a conflict of availability, or sales experience or not.

Later, when I went shopping there one day, and there working was a new girl, ironically someone my age that I went to school with for years with.

Co Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guess? in May 2011.

There was a lot of back and forth on the phone before a time and date was set. When I met with the Dm I was shocked at what she was wearing. I understand that Guess is fun, sexy and young but lets keep it classy. I was very distracted by her nails too. It was very quick and uneasy. It almost felt rehearsed.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question that was asked. I felt it was more about what I looked liked and what I was wearing.   Answer Question