Guess?

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Guess? in April 2008.

Interview Details – Right from the beginning all of the workers were friendly and upbeat. I could tell right from the start that it was a great environment to work in. The first interview was a group of myself and two others being interviewed. It was a lot of fun. Just seeing the work environment there made me anxious to start the job. And the amazing clothes and awesome discount as well. After that they did a background check which took a day and a half and I got a call with the offer. I took it and now I start on Tuesday. It was a great interview experience and it is an amazing company. Can not wait to start.

Interview Question – What Is Your Personality   Answer Question

Int Licensing Assistant Interview

Int Licensing Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details – This process was enjoyable. I was made to feel at home and comfortable. I knew right away that this job would be a fantastic opportunity and I really hoped it would work in my favor. The recruitment and the interview was filled with a lightheartedness. I was give a research test and enjoyed doing it. As I was fresh out of a post graduate degree it was best to see if the fit was right.

Negotiation Details – It was my first job offer out of college. The negotiation was not something I really took advantage of at this time in my career.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Guess? in September 2011.

Interview Details – It was like most retail interviews questions about sales numbers people skills product knowledge interests in the company long-term situations where id have to answer what I would do there're a lot of confrontation questions dealing with internal and external customers as they call them

Interview Question – Describe your greatest weakness that is applicable to the position you are applying for   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation what I put down for my minimum pay they approved and would not go up at all and when I applied I put the minimum that I could afford because I didn't want to scare them away

Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guess? in June 2011.

Interview Details – I thought that I was the best in the group interview, however i neer got a call back so I called them repetitively and they kept giving excuses that there were too many events going on so they couldn't contact their interviewers. Horrible.

Beachwood, OH

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Guess? in March 2012.

Interview Details – Had to pick our favorite designer and then a star we thought dressed the best then had 15 min to pick out an outfit for that star then sell it to the manager.

Marlton, NJ

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Guess? in December 2011.

Interview Details – Right from the beginning all of the workers were friendly and upbeat. I could tell right from the start that it was a great environment to work in. The first interview was a group of myself and two others being interviewed. It was a lot of fun. They had us put outfits together, talk about what kind of outfit you would pair with a shoe, etc. it showed me that they want to hire people who really do have a passion for the clothing line and I loved that. The next inter view was the next day and this was a one on one interview. They asked good questions and the manager was just like everybody else, nice, friendly and upbeat. Just seeing the work environment there made me anxious to start the job. And the amazing clothes and awesome discount as well. After that they did a background check which took a day and a half and I got a call with the offer. I took it and now I start on Tuesday. It was a great interview experience and it is an amazing company. Can not wait to start.

Interview Question – Tell us something about yourself that we do not know.   View Answer

East Lansing, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in November 2009.

Interview Details – HR manager asked for me to apply. Interview was with HR manager and about 10 other candidates, second interview with store manager. A bit off-beat, asked questions to understand personality.

Interview Question – What is your favorite holiday?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation until reviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Wailea, HI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess? in June 2011.

Interview Details – Most places I apply to either take forever to call you back, or after the interview take forever and/ or sometimes never to call you back.

I turned in my application to the store on paper after asking for the application all in the same day, and the next day someone called to set up an interview for a week later.

The interview was held outside of the store, at a table in the Shops of Wailea. The first thing she did was ask me if I was still in school, implying that I look really young.

First off she asked, do you like Guess?, very casually, and so I replied "Of course!" and how they are my style, but that was it, expecting that they would ask 'Why am I applying to Guess' later in the interview. I never got another chance to express my passion and desire to work there, so maybe that's what impeded my chances. I have no retail experience, and she asked about my last job and responsibilities. She asked a few behavioral and situational questions, and she even asked, "How long would it be before you greet someone in the store?"

At the end of the interview she told me that she felt it was a very good interview and she said she felt it went really well.

The next day they called to say they hired another person. Although I didn't get the job I was appreciative they called me back so soon to let me know. Some companies here are so rude and unprofessional. Others would say they would call you to let you know their decision, but they all just leave you hanging, not giving you the courtesy to let you know they went in another direction.

At first I thought they didn't hire me because they thought I was too young. I called to ask and the answerer told me since they didn't interview they didn't know, but that it must have been to no fault of mine, and that I was probably ideal as well, just a conflict of availability, or sales experience or not.

Later, when I went shopping there one day, and there working was a new girl, ironically someone my age that I went to school with for years with.

Associate Planner Interview

Associate Planner
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in March 2009.

Interview Details – Employee referred me. HR rep contacted me and talked to me about various opportunities that were open and what I would be best fit for. Scheduled an appointment for an in-person "informational interview" with the hiring manager and the VP. Answered questions about my background, experiences and desires for the position. Two weeks later, I received an offer.

Interview Question – Tell us a little about your background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was very quick. I received an offer and countered, the HR rep gave me her counter, which I accepted.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in November 2010.

Interview Details – When I sat down, the interviewer seemed not very interested. She made small talk for a while and did not ask preformance based questions. I had a lenghthy phone interview 5 weeks prior. She did not reach out to confirm the one on one that we going to have. I still showed up that day. I got the vibe that she may have chosen someone else for the position but did not want to tell me so she just went through with it. That was my impression.