Guess?

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Associate Planner Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in March 2009.

Interview Details – Employee referred me. HR rep contacted me and talked to me about various opportunities that were open and what I would be best fit for. Scheduled an appointment for an in-person "informational interview" with the hiring manager and the VP. Answered questions about my background, experiences and desires for the position. Two weeks later, I received an offer.

Interview Question – Tell us a little about your background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was very quick. I received an offer and countered, the HR rep gave me her counter, which I accepted.

Store Manager Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in November 2010.

Interview Details – When I sat down, the interviewer seemed not very interested. She made small talk for a while and did not ask preformance based questions. I had a lenghthy phone interview 5 weeks prior. She did not reach out to confirm the one on one that we going to have. I still showed up that day. I got the vibe that she may have chosen someone else for the position but did not want to tell me so she just went through with it. That was my impression.

Assistant Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in October 2010.

Interview Details – Since I was recruited, the interview process wasn't bad.

I first met with the store's manager had a 15 min interview, then was told about the company and the responsibilities of the position. A couple days later I met with the district manager, we had an hour long interview in a casual setting. The next day I got a call back saying that they were going to move forward with me in the position, and that they needed to conduct a background check. Once the background check was cleared, they made me an offer that I signed and agreed upon.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working for a store/company you've never shopped at before? And do you feel it will give you a disadvantage in working here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There weren't any negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Guess? in March 2011.

Interview Details – I just had the interview today, and the manager who interviewed said we would hear back by her by the end of the week. Overall the interview was simple. There were about seven girls, some of which had just walked into the store to fill out an application, and were given interviews on the spot. She stated that Guess was looking for a person that "looked" the part, and could be their ultimate 'Guess Girl". Since the questions she asked weren't pertaining to the job itself, im assuming she will be giving 2nd interviews based off appearance mostly.

Assistant Manager
Orland Park, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in March 2011.

Interview Details – After seeing an opening on-line for Guess in the mall, I sent my resume to the appropriate e-mail as listed on-line. The next few days I got a call to set up an interview. I met with (who I thought was the store manager), the Co-Manager. She asked me to fill out an application and agree to a background check. She interviewed me in the mall. She asked the basic questions, what do you know about Guess.. tell me about yourself..., tell me about a time when..., how would you handle... Then she asked if I had any questions. After asking my questions, she explained she was the co-manager and the store manager was off and wouldn't be back for a few days. She told me she would talk to the store manager and if they decide to go further I would be invited for a second interview. She also told me there were 3 different levels of management, assistant managers, a co-manager, and a store manager. The store environment was quiet, no customers, and neatly merchandised. The interviewer wore a mini skirt, knee boots, and a lace shirt. I may have been dressed wrong because I haven't gotten a call back, I wore a black suit, white shirt.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Guess (as a company)?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had an associate they always had trouble making their sales goal, and what did you do?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about yourself, and why you want to work for Guess.   Answer Question
  • Would you have a problem with speaking to an associate for bad behavior? Would you have a problem firing someone?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Pembroke Pines, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied and got a call back two days later for an interview. They didn't mention that it would be a group interview but it was. The group was about 6 or 7 people. We all grabbed chairs and sat in the food court in a circle. It was early so no one was there yet. The interviewer was pretty young. I think she was a junior in college. She started off the interview talking about Guess first and then she told us a bunch of random facts about herself which I thought was weird until she asked everybody else to do the same. Everyone talked about themselves and then she asked us what animal we would be if we could. That was it. The whole thing lasted about 15 minutes but they also ran a background check. They called me back at another location the following week.

Interview Question – What animal would you be if you had the choice?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had gotten a higher offer from another store and when I told them they moved my hourly rate up by a dollar.

Assistant Tech Designer Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in May 2008.

Interview Details – Found job lead on my alumni career job listing. Submitted my resume, then was called in for an interview. Waited for quite a while after my appointment. Overall interview was pretty quick. Met with HR rep and pretty much showed my portfolio. She asked that I explain each section which was not what I expected. No questions about actual spec'ing or tech packs etc... which was strange for this position.

Interview Question – Please describe what I'm looking at (in reference to my portfolio).   View Answer

Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Guess? in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the Assistant Manager position posted online in person and scheduled an interview a couple of days afterward. The interview seemingly went well and I was specifically told that, unlike other retail employers, G by Guess prides itself on treating employees and applicants respectfully. After the end of my interview I was told that I would receive a call within three days regardless of whether or not I would be given the position. A few weeks passed and I could really even care less to call them back.

P.S. I was told at my interview that an Assistant Manager is simply a glorified Sales Associate who coaches the Sales Associates with the latest promotions and goals.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you suggested an idea at a previous job which failed and how you learned from it.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in July 2009.

Interview Details – Inquired about work experience and asked technical accounting questions.

Interview Question – What jobs I worked on with previous employer   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Guess? in August 2010.

Interview Details – First received a phone call and a brief interview straight away. Was asked what my career goals were and previous experiences and other work related questions. When I am available.

Interview Question – What are your career goals   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Guess?