Guess? Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.6

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

I was referred for an assistant position and the recruiter called me within 24 hours. We set up a Skype interview and the next day, she emailed me to set up an in person interview. When I arrived at their corporate office, the interviewers were half an hour late. When interviewing me, the hiring manager did not seem interested and her colleague proceeded to read out my resume, line by line, only to have me confirm that every word was true. I feel that the hiring managers would have greatly benefited from an interviewing workshop or something of the sort.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Guess? in January 2010.

Interview was from an employee-referral......
    Then received Phone call from recruiter.....
    Had two on-site interviews.....
    Offered position within two weeks via phone call....
    Started two weeks after that.
    The entire interview process was seamless and professional.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in May 2013.

Applied online, received confirmation via email from HR to schedule phone interview. Completed phone interview with HR representative and was invited for an in-person interview in DTLA at their headquarters. Arrived on time and was told to fill out paperwork and look around. Actual in-person interview was done by 2 people separately. It was mostly conversation based and trying to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult came up, it really was all basic interview questions that you could google.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the hourly pay for interns is set as minimum wage

Footwear Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in March 2012.

Applied in person dressed to impress with great resume including experience. received on the spot interview with store manager, came back 20 minutes later for 2nd interview with assistant manager. Came back next day for final interview with store manager. Started working the following week.
    Its very simple come dressed contemporary, on trend, professional, classy and representing guess.

originally asked for 10/.50/ hour, received 9.50/ hour. Promoted to 10/hr

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in March 2009.

First had me fill out a bunch of paperwork in the main lobby. I met with the hiring manager in a conference room. He preceded to ask me a whole bunch of difficult scenario questions. He jotted down each of my answers. It took about 30 min. But it was tough. Weakness, strengths, how would you get a long with others.

Int Licensing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess?.

This process was enjoyable. I was made to feel at home and comfortable. I knew right away that this job would be a fantastic opportunity and I really hoped it would work in my favor. The recruitment and the interview was filled with a lightheartedness. I was give a research test and enjoyed doing it. As I was fresh out of a post graduate degree it was best to see if the fit was right.

It was my first job offer out of college. The negotiation was not something I really took advantage of at this time in my career.

Associate Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Employee referred me. HR rep contacted me and talked to me about various opportunities that were open and what I would be best fit for. Scheduled an appointment for an in-person "informational interview" with the hiring manager and the VP. Answered questions about my background, experiences and desires for the position. Two weeks later, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase was very quick. I received an offer and countered, the HR rep gave me her counter, which I accepted.

Assistant Tech Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in May 2008.

Found job lead on my alumni career job listing. Submitted my resume, then was called in for an interview. Waited for quite a while after my appointment. Overall interview was pretty quick. Met with HR rep and pretty much showed my portfolio. She asked that I explain each section which was not what I expected. No questions about actual spec'ing or tech packs etc... which was strange for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe what I'm looking at (in reference to my portfolio).   View Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in July 2009.

Inquired about work experience and asked technical accounting questions.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Guess? in August 2010.

First received a phone call and a brief interview straight away. Was asked what my career goals were and previous experiences and other work related questions. When I am available.

Interview Questions

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!