Guess?

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Skokie, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in September 2013.

Interview Details – I picked up an application in store and dropped it off the same day. They called me the next day and I went for an interview the following week. In less than a week they called me telling me that I got the job. I started working in about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – They had me pick an outfit for a girl and a boy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details – The interview was a group interview. The interview was very informal and there were about 10 of us who sat through a presentation and then were asked questions as a group. They opened the floor for candidates to try to perform a sales pitch based on clothes that they had sitting on a rack in the interview room.

Interview Question – Tell us the craziest thing you've ever done.   Answer Question

Phila, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guess? in August 2011.

Interview Details – I filed out an application and received a call within two weeks to come in for an interview. I had my first interview with the co-manager. He liked me and I had my second interview with the store manager about a week later. The second interview was more like a personality assessment, the store manager asked questions about my prior work experience but mainly focused on getting to know me personally to see if I would be a good fit for their store. She was really down to earth. They ran my background check and I started two or three weeks after my second interview.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult interview questions, just the basics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me the same amount I was making at my previous job as a manager. I wasn't complaining about going from keyholder to sales associate and receiving the same pay rate so I accepted their offer, no hesitation.

Sterling Heights, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the job. I was then contacted to set up an interview date. The interview was a group interview. The interviewer was an assistant manager. There were 6 of us being interviewed. She asked us each the same question probably about 6 maybe more. It was just the basics nothing too complicated. I was then contacted to set up a second interview with the store manager. It was just me and her. It wasn't too difficult we went to the food court. A few days later I was contacted and the manager said I was hired if I wanted the job. I said yes and we set up a day to have mine and the others that got hired first training day.

Interview Question – I was so long ago I really can't remember the questions, but the interview wasn't hard at all.   Answer Question

Wailea, HI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess? in June 2011.

Interview Details – Most places I apply to either take forever to call you back, or after the interview take forever and/ or sometimes never to call you back.

I turned in my application to the store on paper after asking for the application all in the same day, and the next day someone called to set up an interview for a week later.

The interview was held outside of the store, at a table in the Shops of Wailea. The first thing she did was ask me if I was still in school, implying that I look really young.

First off she asked, do you like Guess?, very casually, and so I replied "Of course!" and how they are my style, but that was it, expecting that they would ask 'Why am I applying to Guess' later in the interview. I never got another chance to express my passion and desire to work there, so maybe that's what impeded my chances. I have no retail experience, and she asked about my last job and responsibilities. She asked a few behavioral and situational questions, and she even asked, "How long would it be before you greet someone in the store?"

At the end of the interview she told me that she felt it was a very good interview and she said she felt it went really well.

The next day they called to say they hired another person. Although I didn't get the job I was appreciative they called me back so soon to let me know. Some companies here are so rude and unprofessional. Others would say they would call you to let you know their decision, but they all just leave you hanging, not giving you the courtesy to let you know they went in another direction.

At first I thought they didn't hire me because they thought I was too young. I called to ask and the answerer told me since they didn't interview they didn't know, but that it must have been to no fault of mine, and that I was probably ideal as well, just a conflict of availability, or sales experience or not.

Later, when I went shopping there one day, and there working was a new girl, ironically someone my age that I went to school with for years with.

Interview Questions

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!