Guess?

Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.1

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

Interview process took one day. They immediately called to set up an interview. I was told they have a 3 interview process. Everyone was very nice and esaygoing. They are clearly looking for fashion forward people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Guess?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Guess? in October 2014.

I dropped off an application and resume on Monday and received a call from the manager on Friday. We scheduled an interview for the upcoming Monday and I was asked to dress as I would if I got the job. I wore dark skinny jeans with no logos or designs, a cut-out-shoulder button up shirt, and high boots. The interview took place outside of the store at a nearby table and the manager asked me standard fashion and sales questions for around 20 minutes. He called me back a few days later with a part-time offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a negative shopping experience you've had.   Answer Question

I was offered a full-time position elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Guess? in September 2014.

Went thru two interviews, first of which was a group interview. It was fun. Until they laid off everyone as seasonal a after working one day. Only hired for Black Friday. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    They just called me to ask if I wanted a second interview. Then ongot the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Guess? in August 2014.

Have my application to them on a Saturday, called me the following day for an interview that coming Tuesday. Interview lasted literally 2 minutes since the manager was in a hurry to find more employees. Asked me about my work experience and told me about expectations and what she needed. Asked me if I could do it and I said yes and she basically hired me on the spot. Background check took a day. Called me on Thursday to fill out paperwork and get started on training.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Guess?.

The hiring process was the basic layout I submitted my application a week and was called a week later they asked the usual Why do you want to work at Guess? What my availability was? What can I bring to Guess? Than the interview was done and they would call me if I got the ob. No call I was not offered a positon in August than 2 and a half months later they call me again and like would you like to be a seasonal employee. I agreed and left my old job. They thought I was crazy but I was determined to be a part time associate. I was hired as well with 20 other people and the holiday season ended and I was kept my SPH was the highest they have ever seen.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult is having another person next to you in a group interview and having to stare the spotlight.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Friendly chat. Not anything difficult.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

The interview was rescheduled twice. The manager was not friendly at all. I was not comfortable talking to her. She also asked to walk to random people and make friends with them (awkward)..

Interview Questions

I don't like working with unfriendly people. It's always better to work in a good and a family alike group.

Look the Part
    The success of most retail stores is all about appearances: the look of the merchandise, the look of the store and, most importantly, the look of the people who work in the store. Dress for the interview in a manner similar to the people who work at the store. If you are interviewing for a job in a clothing store, wear the store's clothing. This tells a potential employer that you have not only done your research but also can speak honestly about the product to a customer.

Know the Product
    If you don't have experience with the product or don't currently use it, do some research. Go into the store and take a look at their product line. This will prepare you to answer questions in an interview. For most retail job interviews, particularly sales, you will be asked questions about the products in the store. Visit the company's website to learn about their product history or new products slated to be released.

Show Who You Are
    Retail is a fast-moving industry because there are so many competitors. Motivating a customer to purchase an item and return to your store can be difficult. Retailers are constantly hiring new staff due to high turnover. Show that you are up to the task by being enthusiastic during the interview. Allow your personality to show. Concentrate on your strengths; it's OK if you don't have experience in every area. For example, if you don't have an extensive amount of sales experience, focus on your customer service skills and your willingness to learn more about direct sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess? in May 2013.

After turning in application, got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. Went in and spoke to manager and filled out paper work. Was given a quick tour of the store and thought I would be asked to put together an outfit but I was not. Got a call that I was hired very shortly thereafter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess? in October 2012.

The company had come to a job fair at my school so i filled out and application there and a week later i got a call about an interview the next morning
    the interview was for 10:30 and was a group interview (which was never mentioned)
    There were 10 of us and the manager interviewed us out side the store at some benches in the mall it was early so there weren't many shoppers
    the whole thing lasted half and hour and was very simple and laid back
    she mainly just went over what they accept , out job description and the dress code
    then she went around and asked each of us the same question which was " out of everything i just told you about the job what part do you think you will do the best at or are most excited about doing "
    then we got to ask questions and it was over
    she said we would hear back with in 5 -7 day due to the wait of the background check
    Right now they are hiring about 300 people since the holidays are coming up (it is seasonal position)but alot of the time if you do a good job you get hired permanently
    UPDATE:
    A day later I got a call offering me the job and I accepted
    I go to fill out paperwork next week

Interview Questions
    • out of everything i just told you about the job what part do you think you will do the best at or are most excited about doing?   View Answer