Guess? Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

The process was quick and simple. A group interview was conducted twice before we were called with an offer. Participants were asked to answer the same question in the group interview. Be prepared so that you can present a polished answer and standout in the group.

Interview Questions

• What celebrity do you look to for current trends? How do you remain current with fashion trends? Why do you want to work for Guess Inc.? How do you define customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Guess?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Guess? (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked some light questions and told to put together a outfit , after that i was told about the ins and outs of the job description as similar to my last job .

Interview Questions

• what do you look foward to improving on ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guess? (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was Great process. Fast turn around and Offer was immediate. Welcomed by the current employees and was already treated as part of the team. Was told what to expect on the first day and the ins and outz if the position during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are a good addition to our company   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

The interview was very easy. I went in for an aplication and got an interview on the spot! I met a few of the managers and they were super nice.. The interview took about 15 minutes! The manager didnt ask many questions he/she just asked me to put together an outfit for a specific event and that was really it!

Interview Questions

• What can you do for the company that the other candidates cant?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

Detailed and straight to the point took a couple weeks but other than that i thought the interview questions were reasonable and expectable. I actually had a group interview so i got to see how the other girl answered the questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

It was a group interview (me and two other girls) held very early in the morning before the store opened. We filled out a form and were being observed to see if we were talking to each other. Manager came back and said that she hoped we got to know each other while we were filling out forms because we were going to have to state 5 things about the other person. She walked away and gave us 5 more minutes. After this she asked us what do we do, where do we see ourselves in 10 years from now. She was friendly, she observed what we were wearing, retail experience is a must. Of course she asked us "Why Guess?" .. She did not state how much they pay at this job (came to find out its $9 for NY locations, no commission. Then she stated what we would expect from us, it was a little harsh for one girl who never worked retail, i remember she said "Do you have any idea what you would be getting yourself into? This is not like (referring to the girl's current job)." i felt bad for her =/.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were fairly easy, there was nothing that stood out to me that i couldn't answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything ! =[

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

Interview process took one day. They immediately called to set up an interview. I was told they have a 3 interview process. Everyone was very nice and esaygoing. They are clearly looking for fashion forward people.

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guess? (Tukwila, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I dropped off an application and resume on Monday and received a call from the manager on Friday. We scheduled an interview for the upcoming Monday and I was asked to dress as I would if I got the job. I wore dark skinny jeans with no logos or designs, a cut-out-shoulder button up shirt, and high boots. The interview took place outside of the store at a nearby table and the manager asked me standard fashion and sales questions for around 20 minutes. He called me back a few days later with a part-time offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a negative shopping experience you've had.   Answer Question

I was offered a full-time position elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Guess? (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

Went thru two interviews, first of which was a group interview. It was fun. Until they laid off everyone as seasonal a after working one day. Only hired for Black Friday. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They just called me to ask if I wanted a second interview. Then ongot the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guess? in August 2014.

Interview

Have my application to them on a Saturday, called me the following day for an interview that coming Tuesday. Interview lasted literally 2 minutes since the manager was in a hurry to find more employees. Asked me about my work experience and told me about expectations and what she needed. Asked me if I could do it and I said yes and she basically hired me on the spot. Background check took a day. Called me on Thursday to fill out paperwork and get started on training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation