Guess?

Getting the Interview

33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details – Friendly chat. Not anything difficult.

Interview Question – Who is your fav celeb icon?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guess? in October 2010.

Interview Details – I went into the Guess store at my local mall and asked for an application. They didn't have any on hand so the Assistant Manager on duty asked the sales associated on the floor to go in the back and print one. I filled it out and returned it that same day. I received a call the following day asking if I could come in for an interview. I was interviewed 3 days later with that same Assistant Manager who gave me the application. The interview was very casual. It was really just a conversation allowing him to get to know me. A lot of the questions were about my hobbies, school, past experience and availability.

Interview Question – I do not remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay was set amount and hourly.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details – The interview was rescheduled twice. The manager was not friendly at all. I was not comfortable talking to her. She also asked to walk to random people and make friends with them (awkward)..

Interview Question – Were else did you apply?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I don't like working with unfriendly people. It's always better to work in a good and a family alike group.

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details – Look the Part
The success of most retail stores is all about appearances: the look of the merchandise, the look of the store and, most importantly, the look of the people who work in the store. Dress for the interview in a manner similar to the people who work at the store. If you are interviewing for a job in a clothing store, wear the store's clothing. This tells a potential employer that you have not only done your research but also can speak honestly about the product to a customer.

Know the Product
If you don't have experience with the product or don't currently use it, do some research. Go into the store and take a look at their product line. This will prepare you to answer questions in an interview. For most retail job interviews, particularly sales, you will be asked questions about the products in the store. Visit the company's website to learn about their product history or new products slated to be released.

Show Who You Are
Retail is a fast-moving industry because there are so many competitors. Motivating a customer to purchase an item and return to your store can be difficult. Retailers are constantly hiring new staff due to high turnover. Show that you are up to the task by being enthusiastic during the interview. Allow your personality to show. Concentrate on your strengths; it's OK if you don't have experience in every area. For example, if you don't have an extensive amount of sales experience, focus on your customer service skills and your willingness to learn more about direct sales.

Paramus, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guess? in May 2012.

Interview Details – The process of interview was pretty easy for me, I ask for an application and on the spot was told that someone would call me for an interview and days after I received a call, maybe because it was an urgent need for associates. Came in on interview day and did a two part interview, questions and then styling type quiz, with another interviewee.

Interview Question – The Unexpected Question for me was "what is your favorite magazine" and "which celebrity inspires you" .   Answer Question

Ontario, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in October 2012.

Interview Details – The company had come to a job fair at my school so i filled out and application there and a week later i got a call about an interview the next morning
the interview was for 10:30 and was a group interview (which was never mentioned)
There were 10 of us and the manager interviewed us out side the store at some benches in the mall it was early so there weren't many shoppers
the whole thing lasted half and hour and was very simple and laid back
she mainly just went over what they accept , out job description and the dress code
then she went around and asked each of us the same question which was " out of everything i just told you about the job what part do you think you will do the best at or are most excited about doing "
then we got to ask questions and it was over
she said we would hear back with in 5 -7 day due to the wait of the background check
Right now they are hiring about 300 people since the holidays are coming up (it is seasonal position)but alot of the time if you do a good job you get hired permanently
UPDATE:
A day later I got a call offering me the job and I accepted
I go to fill out paperwork next week

Interview Question – out of everything i just told you about the job what part do you think you will do the best at or are most excited about doing?   View Answer

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guess? in March 2008.

Interview Details – Very straightforward interview process, come with a positive, fun, and dynamic attitude to win the hearts of the hiring managers. Dress semi-casual, it is a fashion retailer so you have to show some sense of coordination and style with your 'interview outfit'

Interview Question – If you were to steal from the store, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered an hourly rate, and I found it low and proposed why i should be paid what i requested, and they agreed. They do not do that often.

Bloomington, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess? in October 2011.

Interview Details – Grabbed an app, filled it out and went in the next day, It was a group interview and the manager took us to an empty table. The interview was pretty easy, just asked a situation where customer service was and wasn't the greatest. After that she told us were done, waited for a phone call...got the call and everything was peach after.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guess? in June 2011.

Interview Details – I thought that I was the best in the group interview, however i neer got a call back so I called them repetitively and they kept giving excuses that there were too many events going on so they couldn't contact their interviewers. Horrible.

Interview Questions

Beachwood, OH

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Guess? in March 2012.

Interview Details – Had to pick our favorite designer and then a star we thought dressed the best then had 15 min to pick out an outfit for that star then sell it to the manager.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Guess?

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guess? Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Guess? employees and interview candidates.