Guess?

Updated Jun 9, 2014
Updated Jun 9, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess?.

Two in person interviews. Both happened quickly-follow up was great. Interviewer was interested in knowing me as a person and also my work experience. Spoke a lot about clientele and being sales driven. Also spoke a lot about conversion.

Ensure you are happy with the offer. So go in knowing what you want!

Other Interview Reviews for Guess?

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

First, second interview. Background screening

Interview Questions
    Go in with your high and know what is your lowest you'll take.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guess?.

I was recruited while employed with another retailer. The district manager and store manager at my mall would walk the mall weekly, and we eventually became close. After several "walks" around the mall and visits to my store, the DM asked me to meet. The initial meeting was more talking and getting to know who I was. Then I was required to fill out my application and background. After my background came back, the DM again asked me to sit down. This time it was in a office an much more formal. The DM had done their research, they talked to my references, and talked to other managers and DMs that had worked with me. The DM was very personable and very interested in my career goals and life aspirations. I then met with two store managers, that was my final interview. Once my future peers signed off I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you do not like about your current job? What have you done to improve the situation? What do you expect from this job?   Answer Question
    I was asked what I would like to make. After hearing what I had to say they came back with a lower offer. I said I could not take that and would not leave my current position. They again came back and said that was the final offer, but that in three months I would be promoted and make what I was asking for. In the mean time they said there were bonus opportunities.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guess?.

I was contacted by a Retail Recruiter via LinkedIn. We set a date a few days later to talk on the phone. She asked a few questions, but most of the interview was her trying to sell the company & its atmosphere. The phone conversation was about 1 hour long. Following that, she had the local district manager reach out to me to set up an in person interview. That interview was again about an hour long and walked through the typical dialogue of why I was looking, what made me think this was a good fit & then went in to really trying to sell the brand.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not get the results you expected. What was the situation? What action did you take? What were the results?   Answer Question

The salary offered was competitive, but I did not feel like I was an overall "fit" for the brand. I accepted a job with product that I can relate to on a personal level.

Store Manager Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. Interviewed with the District Manager. Background check and reference checks are conducted. Process was pretty quick.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guess?.

Hiring process took a while, but it seems like they all do. Conducted three interviews before landing my position.

I liked what they offered the first time, so I did not try to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guess? in November 2010.

When I sat down, the interviewer seemed not very interested. She made small talk for a while and did not ask preformance based questions. I had a lenghthy phone interview 5 weeks prior. She did not reach out to confirm the one on one that we going to have. I still showed up that day. I got the vibe that she may have chosen someone else for the position but did not want to tell me so she just went through with it. That was my impression.

Store Manager Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guess? in June 2011.

I was initially contacted by one of the Company's recrutiers via email. The Company I was currently with was going out of business and I accepted the recruiters request for a phone interview. I spoke with the recruiter for almost 2 hours. She was very knowledgeable about the position and shared great insight about the Company. After the phone interview she emailed me an application and background check to print and fill out. She forwareded my contact information and resume to the District Manager. I met with the District Manager a week later at a coffee shop next to the future location of the new store. We spoke for almost two hours. I knew immediately I wanted to work for this company. He spoke passionately about the Company, the leadership team, and growth opportunity. The next day I met with the Regional Director. Same thing, she spoke passionately about her views of the company. About a week later I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that I won't find on your resume.   Answer Question