Guggenheim Partners

Guggenheim Partners Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

I prepped for a week. Knew their mission and values inside and out. Phone interview lasted 2 minutes. They asked me what it is about the position that I liked. I told them them opportunity to work with the partners and learning as much as I could about the different departments. They told me thank you and said that was all. Guess I didn't give them the answer they wanted. Received an email stating how happy they were to discuss the position with me and that they hoped that I learned something from the interview.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

The interviewer was great! She was very warm and professional and really made me want to learn more and be a part of the team!! I hope I can continue on permanently because I can really see myself excelling here :-)

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

Applied on campus and received on campus interview with two HR representatives. The next day I was invited on site for a super day in a week where I interviewed with roughly 4 different team members of various seniority. Received a decision a week later and was denied a position.

Interview Questions
    • Asked why they should hire me over one of the other candidates who was more qualified (more aggressive than I had expected but nothing too crazy)   Answer Question
    • Brain teasers/mental math   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

Met with one person on the initial interview, was lengthy in time. The next interview would include 3-4 more executives, all one on one format. The final interview would consist of meeting with executives from prior rounds of interviewing.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

I was contacted by a recruiter and interviewed for this position within a week of initial contact. I met with 4 different people and the interview lasted about 2 hours. The interview wasn't very difficult and it was mostly conversational with a few easy behavioral questions thrown in the mix. I decided to drop out of the interview process because some employees were openly negative about their positions and made it seem like an undesirable work environment.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. Name three of your greatest weaknesses.   Answer Question

The recruiter/company continued to contact me after I dropped out and tried enticing me to take an offer, but the work environment was not appealing.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

Lateral hire. Phone interview + in person. In person featured analyst interview & LBO model test

Interview Questions
    • How would you value a company if it didn't have positive FCF until its 6th year of operations?   Answer Question
    • Do you include dividends in FCF?   View Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Got connected through an alumni and had a phone interview and then a super day, which consisted of four 30 minute interviews with different levels of bankers. Got a call a few days later saying that I did not get the job

Marketing Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guggenheim Partners in February 2014.

Brought in for initial interview. As soon as I walked past security I knew I didn't want a job there- it was a sea of tiny cubicles with no windows to the outside. Interviewer made faulty assumptions based off of every question I answered. Was told primary focus of job was to answer/direct phone calls. Interviewer had no personality and didn't seem like she wanted to be there. Kept asking me if I had questions when I'd already asked her several.

Interview Questions
    • Very few questions asked about skill set- she mostly just wanted to know about my experiences at previous employers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Guggenheim Partners in February 2014.

3 rounds, not very technical. There are 3 people meeting me. One is from the fixed income group, one is from equity group, and another is from Human Resources. They give me responses in 3 weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guggenheim Partners in February 2014.

Got an interview through an employee referral. There were two rounds of interviews. The first round I met with two people from two different departments who asked me why I wanted to work there, went over my resume, etc. Pretty typical. Then I was called back for a second interview where I met with three other members of the department. Pretty basic interview questions, everyone was fairly friendly. They told me they would be in contact with me, but I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions, everything was fairly standard. They asked me a few theory questions about my field but were not really looking for a specific answer, just how I felt about it.   Answer Question