Guggenheim Partners

35 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

Interview Details – Applied on campus and received on campus interview with two HR representatives. The next day I was invited on site for a super day in a week where I interviewed with roughly 4 different team members of various seniority. Received a decision a week later and was denied a position.

Interview Questions

• Asked why they should hire me over one of the other candidates who was more qualified (more aggressive than I had expected but nothing too crazy)   Answer Question
  • Brain teasers/mental math   Answer Question

Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners in January 2013.

Interview Details – Straight forward financial interview although the people seemed very uninterested from the beginning despite strong credentials and a solid resume. They both had just got back from playing golf only 10 minutes before the interview, which made me question what I was looking into. Despite this, the interview went well and I answered basic financial questions you'd expect from an analyst position interview.

Interview Question – If you owned any business on this street, what would your preferred market be?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners in February 2014.

Interview Details – 3 rounds, not very technical. There are 3 people meeting me. One is from the fixed income group, one is from equity group, and another is from Human Resources. They give me responses in 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Not very hard. Very regular questions.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

Interview Details – Met with one person on the initial interview, was lengthy in time. The next interview would include 3-4 more executives, all one on one format. The final interview would consist of meeting with executives from prior rounds of interviewing.

Interview Question – The usual questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and interviewed for this position within a week of initial contact. I met with 4 different people and the interview lasted about 2 hours. The interview wasn't very difficult and it was mostly conversational with a few easy behavioral questions thrown in the mix. I decided to drop out of the interview process because some employees were openly negative about their positions and made it seem like an undesirable work environment.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. Name three of your greatest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The recruiter/company continued to contact me after I dropped out and tried enticing me to take an offer, but the work environment was not appealing.

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

Interview Details – Lateral hire. Phone interview + in person. In person featured analyst interview & LBO model test

Interview Questions

• How would you value a company if it didn't have positive FCF until its 6th year of operations?   Answer Question
  • Do you include dividends in FCF?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very nice guys, the process is pretty straight forward. You have technical and behavioral.

Interview Question – Very difficult accounting question   Answer Question

Marketing Support Representative Interview

Marketing Support Representative
Carmel, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners in February 2014.

Interview Details – Brought in for initial interview. As soon as I walked past security I knew I didn't want a job there- it was a sea of tiny cubicles with no windows to the outside. Interviewer made faulty assumptions based off of every question I answered. Was told primary focus of job was to answer/direct phone calls. Interviewer had no personality and didn't seem like she wanted to be there. Kept asking me if I had questions when I'd already asked her several.

Interview Question – Very few questions asked about skill set- she mostly just wanted to know about my experiences at previous employers.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Guggenheim Partners

Interview Details – Got connected through an alumni and had a phone interview and then a super day, which consisted of four 30 minute interviews with different levels of bankers. Got a call a few days later saying that I did not get the job

Interview Question – How would you change WACC to account for FX?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Compliance Interview

Executive Assistant Compliance
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR then met with contact and a member of team. Lots of project questions.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult just a lot of management of projects.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Guggenheim Partners

Worked for Guggenheim Partners? Contribute to the Community!