Guggenheim Partners

Updated Aug 9, 2014
Updated Aug 9, 2014

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

Applied on campus and received on campus interview with two HR representatives. The next day I was invited on site for a super day in a week where I interviewed with roughly 4 different team members of various seniority. Received a decision a week later and was denied a position.

Interview Questions
    • Asked why they should hire me over one of the other candidates who was more qualified (more aggressive than I had expected but nothing too crazy)   Answer Question
    • Brain teasers/mental math   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners in January 2013.

Straight forward financial interview although the people seemed very uninterested from the beginning despite strong credentials and a solid resume. They both had just got back from playing golf only 10 minutes before the interview, which made me question what I was looking into. Despite this, the interview went well and I answered basic financial questions you'd expect from an analyst position interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you owned any business on this street, what would your preferred market be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners in February 2014.

3 rounds, not very technical. There are 3 people meeting me. One is from the fixed income group, one is from equity group, and another is from Human Resources. They give me responses in 3 weeks.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

Met with one person on the initial interview, was lengthy in time. The next interview would include 3-4 more executives, all one on one format. The final interview would consist of meeting with executives from prior rounds of interviewing.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

I was contacted by a recruiter and interviewed for this position within a week of initial contact. I met with 4 different people and the interview lasted about 2 hours. The interview wasn't very difficult and it was mostly conversational with a few easy behavioral questions thrown in the mix. I decided to drop out of the interview process because some employees were openly negative about their positions and made it seem like an undesirable work environment.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. Name three of your greatest weaknesses.   Answer Question

The recruiter/company continued to contact me after I dropped out and tried enticing me to take an offer, but the work environment was not appealing.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners.

Lateral hire. Phone interview + in person. In person featured analyst interview & LBO model test

Interview Questions
    • How would you value a company if it didn't have positive FCF until its 6th year of operations?   Answer Question
    • Do you include dividends in FCF?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners in March 2012.

Very nice guys, the process is pretty straight forward. You have technical and behavioral.

Marketing Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners in February 2014.

Brought in for initial interview. As soon as I walked past security I knew I didn't want a job there- it was a sea of tiny cubicles with no windows to the outside. Interviewer made faulty assumptions based off of every question I answered. Was told primary focus of job was to answer/direct phone calls. Interviewer had no personality and didn't seem like she wanted to be there. Kept asking me if I had questions when I'd already asked her several.

Interview Questions
    • Very few questions asked about skill set- she mostly just wanted to know about my experiences at previous employers.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Got connected through an alumni and had a phone interview and then a super day, which consisted of four 30 minute interviews with different levels of bankers. Got a call a few days later saying that I did not get the job

Executive Assistant Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guggenheim Partners in December 2013.

Phone interview with HR then met with contact and a member of team. Lots of project questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult just a lot of management of projects.   Answer Question

Worked for Guggenheim Partners? Contribute to the Community!