Guidance Software

Updated Oct 10, 2014

3.3

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Guidance Software in August 2014.

I was interviewed and asked about some technical questions and management questions. Everything seemed pretty nice and clear, however, the salaries don't seem to be as great as I expected.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult about the questions (at least to me ) since I have the knowledge and even more to apply for that position   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guidance Software.

I went through two phone interviews, then a face to face interview at their main headquarters. My phone interviews went very well and I spent $1200 all in to fly across the country to interview in person at this company. I was hopeful but did not get the job, and that's ok.

What bothered me was that after spending a considerable amount of time and money on their interview process, all I got was an auto-generated email from their HR system saying "Sorry, the position has been filled." That was really disappointing. Now I'm not expecting a hug and a pat on the back, but a simple email saying "thanks for taking the time" would have been more than fine. I know that may sound petty, but it really made them seem like elitists who were doing me a favor by allowing me to interview there.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my programming experience during my 1:1 interview which caught me off guard as it was not in the job description.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Guidance Software in July 2014.

Got an invite to apply via Linkedin. So I applied and quickly went through 3 phone interviews. The phone interviews were straight forward looking a lot at personality. Then the in person interviews were in their Pasadena office but I didn't get confirmation till about a month later. The first day went with being technical with an R&D person, but there was some miscommunication with people and so I was sent home by the R&D person premature of the entire interview process. So the recruiter called to ask me to come back but couldn't so she asked if I could come back the following day. The following day was interviews by several people each had different roles and backgrounds regarding the professional services department. I was even interviewed by the VP of Professional Services.

Then I was told I'd hear back about offers or whatnot in about no more than a week. I waited but never got an email, not even one to say that I didn't get an offer so I assumed I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too fancy the technical part of the in person interview was mainly a basic linked list problem and some SQL questions   Answer Question

Federal Marketing Planner Interview

Was impressed the the Sr Recruiter acutally found my resume on Monster and reached out to me requesting an interview or recommendation from my field

Interview Questions
    • I always struggle with the tell me about yourself question to start an interview.   View Answers (2)

Sales Consultant/Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guidance Software in May 2013.

Had several interviews that went extremely well and was told I was a leading candidate. When I discovered all the negative reviews on Glassdoor and started inquiring about them and asking the company's view (a simple "how do you respond to all this negativity, and do you think it is valid?")... the interviews stopped, even though HR rep insisted they were still interested the lead went completely cold.

Commission split being offered was EXTREMELY high risk for an SE (what they call a Sales Consultant)... only company I've ever encountered that expects an SE to carry a 60/40 commission split. Folks I interviewed with indicated quota achievement was only in 80-90% range and they seemed "ok" with that. Tons of red flags.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were minimally technical... they seemed more interested in sales ability.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

The initial phone interview was about 20 min long, I was being asked several technical questions as well as my past experiences and current projects. Afterward, the interviewer said I passed the phone screen and someone would contact me shortly regarding my second interview. However, I did not hear any feedback from them. I contacted the recruiter directly and was told that I did not pass the phone interview. I was puzzled and asked for more detail, but it seems like they have already made the decision so I didn't bother.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guidance Software in June 2012.

I applied on my university's website and HR emailed me back for a phone screen. Phone screen went well and I also completed a code problem and email that in. I than had an in-person interview with HR, Hiring manager, Technical interview and an interview with the VP. Technical interview had the standard OOP questions and a white board coding changed: I had to Write a method to convert a numeric value of an excel column to its letter value. Example column 28 is AB. Would have been nice to get a glass of water or use the bathroom between/during the interviews but everyone was in a super hurry tight schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Write a method to convert a numeric value of an excel column to its letter value. Example column 28 is AB.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guidance Software in May 2012.

There were a total of 3 interview, but there were supposed to be 4. First there was an information / personality interview. The lady I spoke with was very nice and helpful and told me a bit of what to expect for the next interview. From here I was given a small coding assignment that I was expected to do relatively quickly. The assignment took no more than a few hours. Next was a technical interview that took place the following day. After finding out I had made it to the next stage, I was flown out to Pasadena to do two 1:1 interviews. One with the R&D Director and one with the Vice President. Sadly, the VP had flown out and I was not able to interview with her as well. The questions in the technical interviews were not very hard. They knew I was just out of college and were just trying to get an understanding of what I knew. That would also be the reason the interviewing process took so long. The hotel was nice and all reasonable expenses are reimbursed (transportation, food, etc).

Interview Questions
    • What is database normalization? What is denormalization?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guidance Software in May 2011.

i sumbitted my resume online. The HR person contacted me to sechedule a phone interivew with the highering manager. Once i competed the phone interview with the highering manager, i was asked to go through a 2nd phone interview with a technical person.

Both gentlemen were professional during the interviews and the questions were relative to the position that i applied for.

Interview Questions
    • there was no unexpected questions and they were all relative to the position   Answer Question

Senior Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guidance Software in April 2011.

Referred to company by friend. Interviewed with 4 - 5 people overall, starting with HR. Also took a skills test. Overall process took almost three months because the "right" person was not available due to scheduling problem like vacation. Not communication from HR as to the overall process and expected timeframe to reach completion.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with difficult customers or when you have to tell the customer "no"?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. Company know what I wanted and they gave it to me.