Guidance Solutions Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Guidance Solutions

Undisclosed Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marina del Rey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

This was a total waste of time. The two owners seemed like Arrogant One and Arrogant Two. They know nothing about the real world in certain areas of their business, but they think they do. Even if I was presented with an offer, I would've turned it down due to these two and the environment they had presented to me. Interviewing is a two way street and I was interviewing them just as much as they were interviewing me, although they were to arrogant to notice. Even the VP of HR seemed like she had to walk on glass with these two and that is a clear sign right there. It's just another case of two employees who scrape up enough money to buy their employer's company when the previous owner was ready to retire and they think that they have the skill and finesse to run it they way he did. But this is not the case. The biggest first clue was they both parked their feet on the table throughout most of the interview. This, as body language experts can tell you, is a sign that they lack a mutual respect and are arrogant (power position of showing dominance and control over the other person). Do you want these type of guys as your boss EVERYDAY? No thanks! I would rather have a boss who respects me for what I bring and my continued contribution to building up the company, not a boss who yells, demeans and cracks the whip causing a stressful work environment while he rolls down PCH in his Fiskar smoking cigars cutting off everyone. yea you all know the type.

Interview Questions
    • They try to trick you with a roll playing "demonstration" where they are searching for only specific answers that they have in their heads. If you are a mind reading robot with no soul, you will fit in. Plus the roles they played in this demo were totally exaggerated. If they weren't, then prepare yourself for the sweatshop. True professionals know that everyone has their own style to managing and working. The important thing is if the job is done and done right, not "done my way". A history of success (especially facts and figues to back it up) and references are the best measure of success. Not "Can you do things EXACTLY like I would do them?" This mentality only shows a lack of leadership skill on their part.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marina del Rey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guidance Solutions in September 2011.

The interview and vetting process is quite rigorous to ensure the hire is a good fit. HR will screen candidates by phone, then have a follow up phone interview with another senior staff member. Following phone interviews, candidates are asked to come onsite for a number of in- person interviews for both work experience and cultural fit. Final steps include an online assessment and meeting with company owners.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewing for a project manager position, I was asked if I knew how to query a database.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Guidance Solutions in April 2010.

Applied through monster.com
    They will ask to create a pseudo application as first part of the interview. You can take about a week if you are busy with your exams / coursework. Application is pretty simple. It will check if you follow Database normalization concepts like Associative entities, etc.
    They will check if application is standards compliant, secure and follows architectural norms for e.g. MVC architecture.
    After that, there will be a group phone interview like any other company.

Interview Questions

Worked for Guidance Solutions? Contribute to the Community!