Guidewire Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2015

3.2

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guidewire (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

The process is a 30 minute phone call to see if you fit the culture, then you are given an online code test to complete within 5/6 hours, then there will be a technical phone interview followed by on site full day interview. I didn't pass the code test as I made a mess of it!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where someone made a mistake and you had to go out of your way to fix it.   1 Answer

Configuration Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Guidewire in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on web, but at the end, I needed a Linkedin contact, after that, I could get an interview. The first step, it was a call conference with HR, it was simple, talking about your tasks, your knowledge, your skills, etc... They asked you where you are ability to make a little test about your professional skills, we agreed a day, and that day I receive a email in my inbox with the test code and the instructions. If you pass the test code, the next step is a new call conference but this time with a Technical Department. Finally, if you pass this call conference the last step is a face-2-face meeting..

Interview Questions

• The questions and the test code was normal, not tricky.   Answer Question

Senior Java Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire (Exton, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had several rounds of technical interviews starting with a technical telephonic conversation followed by a webex hands on technical interview. After this i was called for a in person interview which again comprised of four rounds with 8 different people who were technically super smart. The idea is that you are not expected to know or answer correctly to every single question but they look at how you attempt to solve a problem.

Solution Developer (Java, Full Stack) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guidewire (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply via web.
    Receive an email to have a phone call few days after.
    After few days they send me a code test, 4-5 hrs to complete it,
    Phone call for a Technical interview
    Finally a face to face interview both technical and personal approach to some management issues.
    From the first touch to the end around 30 days are elapsed.
    Finally I receive a positive feedback, and they told me that I will receive an offer.
    Few days after they told me that can't make me an offer despite the feedback is positive.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2014.

Interview

It was very long. Three phone interviews, a coding test, and then three interviews on one day lasting an hour. I thought this was way over the top for a entry level position. The question were manageable for a decent CS student, data structures, design patterns, sql questions. I was also asked to demonstrate the architecture of my final year project.

Interview Questions

• How would you find out if a linked list contains a loop?   1 Answer

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Guidewire (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone screen; Phone interview; Written skill test in Java and SQL; F2F in Chicago
    Phone screen was a general interview with technical questions regarding XML and SQL. Written was very easy, had some Java, SQL and SQL DB design related questions. XML that needed to be built required insurance knowledge. Regarding DB design, there could be multiple solutions.
    Inteterviewers seemed to ok but came across a bit arrogant

Interview Questions

• Policy administration configuration; Client engagement activities   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

phone interview with HR talking about my background and my going through my Resume then i got a Test to complete that covers some Java collections , JMS , JUnit , JDBC the test was 3 hours any graduate Computer science will be able to do , Technical Interview over phone 45 min covering XML and Core Java Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got the first phone interview invitation 3 or 4 days later. The first round is about basic Java knowledge. The second round phone interview needs access to internet. The interviewer will send a link to your email. It is like coderpad. I was asked to do some coding. Both interviewers are pretty nice. The pace is quick. When you got the point, he moves to the next question.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java interview questions. Like how does HashMap deal with collision?   Answer Question

Solution Consultant (Java Developer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2015.

Interview

The whole interview process lasted almost a month. First I got a call from the HR to confirm my application and then was explained about the interview process. The interview basically divided into 3 stages. A remote coding challenge, a technical phone interview and the then a 3 face to face interviews at their office. The coding challenge consisted of questions from Java collections, JDBC, JMS and one code optimization question. I was told about the result within 3 days and was asked to schedule a date and time for a phone interview which would be for 45-60 mins. The phone interview consisted of questions from java, databases, xml, design patterns, n-tier architecture, web services, SDLC and few behavioral questions. They came back with the result again within 2-3 days and was asked to schedule a date and time for the 3 face to face interviews. The on site interviews were very difficult and everything you claim to know would be tested. The first of the 3 interviews was with a hiring manager, he eased me into the interview process by talking in general and then in depth about my CV. Then I was asked to explain one of my previous projects on the white board and was then asked to solve some database queries. Then the next one was pure technical from the start I was asked to write a database query and was then asked to explain some code they had on paper, and then I was asked to code on the whiteboard the given problem. The final interview was more of a cultural fit interview. The interviewer asked things in general, to check if I would be a good fit for their organisation. He even demonstrated one of their products and was given a chance to ask question regarding it and the organisation. Then I was asked to code on the whiteboard one final time. All the interviewers were very friendly and made me feel comfortable answering their questions and would suggest me other solutions/approach if they thought I was going wrong anywhere. A HR then came after the final round and talked to me about the overall experience of my interview that day and, was told that would discuss my performance with the interviewers and get back to me soon. I was given a call after 3 days telling that they have liked my overall performance and would like to extend an offer. I accepted the offer. The overall process was very grueling and difficult, but I understand its required by them as they want people who can handle their complex code at work.

Interview Questions

• I signed a NDA so wouldn't be able to disclose anything but the questions were something that anyone who know Java at graduate level could answer easily.   Answer Question

Solution Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire (Exton, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

i had applied online for the position. Got a call from the recruiter, had a coding test and then a technical interview over the phone. Final interview was in person held at the office location in Exton. Very nice and meaningful interaction with everyone throughout the process. Everyone was very pleasant to talk to and encouraging. Got an offer few days after the final round. Accepted it.

Interview Questions

• questions on Java, SQL, database. There were couple of problems for coding in the final round. All the questions were fair, that could be answered with prior self study.   Answer Question