Guidewire Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

3.2

Sales Operatoins Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire.

Initially contacted by a recruiter. I had a "discussion" (phone interview) with her to begin with, then went into the office for my interview. I met with three people during the interview. The interview process was very straightforward.

The offer was extended via the recruiter. The recruiter explained everything to me very well. I was pleased with the offer.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Guidewire in November 2013.

Had a series of conversations with a recruiter, first they steered me toward a role I didn't apply to I agreed to talk to the HM about it even though it wasn't what I was looking for. The recruiter then failed to follow up in the timeframe they said they would (thus I moved on assuming I wasn't a fit). After four weeks, they reached out again trying to set up interview for different role (which they did not clarify, I had to ask what role they were trying to set up an interview for), after having the role clarified, I again agreed to chat with the HM, but again, there was no follow up.

I'm really surprised and turned off by the flaky communication, especially for a highly lauded company such as Guidewire. Why are you reaching out to candidates, initiating conversations, just to disappear - even if a candidate is not a fit, the role got filled, etc, simply communicate that, especially when you initiated contact.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be interested in a phone screen with "so and so"?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Guidewire in October 2013.

I was an internal referral and was fast tracked. I spoke to 5 people, of whom there was one Platform Program Manager and others were Product Managers, including one Director.

I was quite surprised that barring one of the guys, none... yes, none of them had actually read my resume in any sort of detail. That was pretty off putting.

Interview Questions
    • How do you incorporate time zones into a system that didn't have it in the past?   View Answer

Although my internal contact spoke highly of GuideWire, I was less than impressed with my interviewers. However, I was given to understand that they had both a major release heading out of the door as well as some conference.

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Guidewire in July 2013.

ad-hoc. I was under the impression that they would further entertain you if you passed the first 10 minutes

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire in June 2013.

A telephonic round with hiring manager, covered job experience and a few questions on simple data structures.
    Then I was called for on-site interview.
    1 hour Object-Oriented design
    1 hour Algorithms
    1 hour programming on an IDE
    1 hour behavioral interview with manager.

Senior Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire in April 2013.

refered by friend, applied, contacted and set up phone interview 1 (passed), took 3 hour technical test (passed), trip to chicago for final interview (was 3 seperate 1 hour interviews) - passed. On the way home from chicago I got an email letting me know they were working on my offer. 3 days later I had my offer and accepted

Interview Questions
    • I had background in there software, there for nothing was very difficult or surprising. In chicago I had to write some code for a recursive function to meet a specific need.,   View Answer
    I gave them a range and they of coarse started at the lowest end even though I nailed the interview. Fortuently I made my lowest number the number I was really wanting and that anything more was a bonus in my mind. I did ask why they offered what they did in the range I provided and they were able to explain with decent logic. As well as the company stock helps you not worry about it.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guidewire.

I was referred in by a former co-worker, so my skills were already proven.

Fair offer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire in March 2013.

Has a quick 30 minute phone screen consisting of basic data sturctures and OOP design questions. Was bought on for a 4 hour onsite interview. Talked to the recruiter briefly, had another OOP design question that took an hour, one algorithm interview (that involved recursion) for an hour, a coding question with an IDE on the computer, then talked to a manager about the company. Interview process was good, felt like a good place to work, and I also felt like I preformed well, but two days later the recruiter let me know I didn't get that job.

Interview Questions
    • All I'll say is that the questions are different than what's posted on Glassdoor (since they realized too many people read the questions)...   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

Recruiter was very helpful. I had two rounds of interviews. Both were largely technical, but there were some behavioral questions too.

Integration Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guidewire in March 2013.

Right from the beginning Guidewire made it clear about their interview process and was prompt in scheduling, giving feedback and going for the next round. It became very clear from the beginning that these guys were professional, intelligent and a fun set of people. The interviews were very open, enthusiastic and more like technical discussions. I have never given interviews like these - it was a pleasure and everyone was genuinely friendly. The face to face interview was with 3 people and each one of them made me feel comfortable and asked great questions. Clearly I had never had such fun in the interview process. Questions were on expected lines and it never felt that these guys were asking anything that would never be used on the job - very logical and practical questions around java and general language constructs. One of the most impressive things about Guidewire was that they are very thorough and detailed in scheduling, providing details and setting up everything along the process. Even after their offer, they went out of their way to set up all the required resources and sent emails with the details. The interview process is tough and lengthy, but once you get through you know that you will be working with brilliant people who themselves went through this process and this gives you that much more confidence.

Interview Questions
    The offer was above what I was making [and I work in a bank which is known for great pay] and very good. I asked for a small change in the numbers with supporting documentation for the request. It was granted the next day and I was very happy at the end.