Guidewire

91 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Guidewire in October 2009.

Interview Details – I recently interviewed for Technical Consultant (travel) position for professional services group . The phone interview lasted 90 minutes . A long technical interview .I was asked basic to advanced java programming, j2ee, application servers, xml, SQL query, messaging , integration and hands on coding questions .I felt the company is looking for technology champions . I don't understand the reason for asking basic oo concepts , programming syntax to a senior level technical person .

Interview Question – how do you compare two java string object if they have the same string stored in them ?   View Answers (3)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Guidewire in July 2009.

Interview Details – Was contacted by recruiter via email and phone and called in to a technical interview right away. Met the recruiter in the offices and was taken to a conference room. The interviewers were friendly, talked for 15 minutes about the company and their product, then did a whiteboard programming exercise.

Interview Question – Implement a sparse matrix Java class with a constructor, set and get method. The matrix has millions of rows and columns and is at a maximum 15% populated.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Guidewire in March 2009.

Interview Details – After asking my previous working experiences, the interviewer just asked one single coding problem. No any other skills has been asked. I.e., completely depends on the coding!

Coding Problem: Coding hasNext() and next() methods for a class that contains a Collection of Collections. (main collection must not be null or empty, sub collections must not be null.)

Answer: I got several hints from the interviewer. I think I didn't get the offer because I didn't finish the coding by myself! Even we discussed nicely.

public class CollectionOfCollections {

if (hasNext()) {
              return subIter.next();

throws new NoSuchElementException();
  }

Interview Question – Coding hasNext() and next() methods for a class that contains a Collection of Collections. (main collection must not be null or empty, sub collections must not be null.)   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Foster City, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guidewire in March 2009.

Interview Details – Was asked totally trivial questions about Java, SQL, and black-box testing
during a courteous 1-hour 1:1 interview.

Returned for a planned 4 hour interview in software testing, expecting programming and puzzle questions. Was asked absolutely nothing relevant to testing and software verification during
the initial 45 minute period by a quirky and non-technical "program manager" who obviously
had not read my resume at all. As best I could figure from his mindless babbling, the questions
concerned estimating the priority of testing various drop-boxes and check-boxes in a GUI
application that he was barely able to even describe. The remainder of the interview didn't
even take place. I departed and refused to shake the interviewer's hand upon leaving.

Interview Question – Sample questions concerning Java or SQL.   View Answers (2)

Java Solutions Consultant Interview

Java Solutions Consultant
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Guidewire in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by Guidewire in Dublin. Had overall 4 interview steps:
1) Phone interviews with HR - general questions, about company, salary ~1h
2) Phone interview with Tech. guy - various tech questions OO/Java/JDBC ~1h
3) Programming Test ~ 5h - it was difficult but not extremely, good test i should say!
4) Interview in their Dublin office with 3 different guys one after another ~4h

Interview process is very well planned and established. I pass all stages brilliantly, the guys in office were very nice, and office itself was very good.
However can't say that I was impressed by HR professionalism level.
I have been asked about salary since first conversation, and after programming test clarified one more time. After which I was invited in office for final interview. I complete all interviews, test and spend overall more than 11h on the company and interview process. After final interview in office HR schedule 3 times a call meeting to update me with result and 3 times didn't turn up, without excuses or re-schedules, and after 3d time just disappear for nearly 2 month.

After 2 month i got again email asking me whether I am still considering to change my job? Finally got the call with excuses that i'm not match to their salary budget.
However I clearly mention at the very start of recruiting process that for less than I have now there wouldn't be point to move, that I will not go for less then i have now.
Basicly Guidewire consume more than full working day from me and make me wait for ~2 month just to tell me that they can't afford me... however they knew the numbers since very beginning. Very disappointing and waste of time.

Interview Question – Programming test was most difficult part, but absolutely reasonable! good test, i enjoyed it   View Answer

Java Solutions Consultant Interview

Java Solutions Consultant
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Guidewire in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview is quite well structured. One HR phone interview, one offline coding test, one phone interview and two onsite interviews. The HR interview is fine and the girl Denise is quite friendly. offline coding test took about 5/6 hrs to finish. Phone interview asked question about whether i redo my coding interview questions and java basic questions +xml questions.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Graduate Java Consultant Interview

Graduate Java Consultant
Blanchardstown (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Guidewire in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview was very comfortable. No tricky questions. Based mostly on a CV and experience. Than the on line code test. 3 Java questions. Medium level. College graduate should be able to do them in 3-4 hours. Very details oriented. Data base and SQL, JMS, and Bad code. Unit tests are good idea. Best practices will get you points.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Solutions Consultant
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Guidewire in February 2014.

Interview Details – Really quick in getting back and the HR always responsive and update your status

Interview Question – Requirements analysis gathering for database   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Guidewire in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had to solve 6 sw engineering exercises in 3 hours regarding JDBC, JMS and general purposes algorithms. Later I was interviewed for 3 hours more by 3 different teams. They paid attention to go deep from the technical and managerial point of view without loosing some common sense. Company paid my expenses to come in Dublin for interview.

Interview Question – What innovation is?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They took a lot of care to understand my personal situation and to help me in transition from HP to Guidewire.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guidewire in January 2011.

Interview Details – Headhunter Call --> Headhunter shortlist Interview --> Immediate manager interview --> Peer interview--> Final presentation.

Interview Question – How to be successful in China?   Answer Question