Guidewire Java Solutions Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2014

4.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Java Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Guidewire in July 2014.

I was contacted by Guidewire in Dublin. Had overall 4 interview steps:
1) Phone interviews with HR - general questions, about company, salary ~1h
2) Phone interview with Tech. guy - various tech questions OO/Java/JDBC ~1h
3) Programming Test ~ 5h - it was difficult but not extremely, good test i should say!
4) Interview in their Dublin office with 3 different guys one after another ~4h

Interview process is very well planned and established. I pass all stages brilliantly, the guys in office were very nice, and office itself was very good.
However can't say that I was impressed by HR professionalism level.
I have been asked about salary since first conversation, and after programming test clarified one more time. After which I was invited in office for final interview. I complete all interviews, test and spend overall more than 11h on the company and interview process. After final interview in office HR schedule 3 times a call meeting to update me with result and 3 times didn't turn up, without excuses or re-schedules, and after 3d time just disappear for nearly 2 month.

After 2 month i got again email asking me whether I am still considering to change my job? Finally got the call with excuses that i'm not match to their salary budget.
However I clearly mention at the very start of recruiting process that for less than I have now there wouldn't be point to move, that I will not go for less then i have now.
Basicly Guidewire consume more than full working day from me and make me wait for ~2 month just to tell me that they can't afford me... however they knew the numbers since very beginning. Very disappointing and waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • Programming test was most difficult part, but absolutely reasonable! good test, i enjoyed it   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Guidewire

Java Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Guidewire in March 2014.

The interview is quite well structured. One HR phone interview, one offline coding test, one phone interview and two onsite interviews. The HR interview is fine and the girl Denise is quite friendly. offline coding test took about 5/6 hrs to finish. Phone interview asked question about whether i redo my coding interview questions and java basic questions +xml questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Guidewire? Contribute to the Community!